facebook wall export

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by dukestar, Aug 10, 2009.

1. dukestar

dukestar Member

Is there anyway I can connect to facebook and download the "wall" from a profile? I have been looking around the web but pretty much all of the tutorials are based on extracting this information if I am developing a facebook app.

I wish to extract this information for display on a local intranet site. There are a lot of sites which say you can download this information via RSS feeds, but I believe facebook has recently closed this avenue as people were not logging into facebook anymore and their add revenue was dropping.

2. yoink

yoink Member

You could always go File -> Save as...

3. Davo1111

Davo1111 Member

so when you say download the stuff, you mean every so often? (like if you get a funny post you want to download it?), or you want a continual feed with updates.

If the first one, download pdfit addon for firefox. then just save the page as either an image or pdf.

If the second, perhaps looking into greasemonkey. there "could" be an ap that could help you out getting an rss again.

4. OP
    OP
    dukestar

dukestar Member

sorry for the confusion, when I say download I mean programatically via for example c#.net. I would like to be able to download this feed when a user loads our intranet site so I can display the last 10 or so wall posts on a particular profile.

5. yoink

yoink Member

Ahh.... from what I can see, yes, facebook has removed this option for RSS.
    You could perhaps try using an iframe to show the profile?

6. Luke212

Luke212 Member

or you could scrape the html as well.