1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ADV, Nov 18, 2013.

1. ADV

ADV Member

Bethesda trademarks Fallout 4 in Europe and 'Void Engine By Id tech' rumored game engine for fallout 4.

Teaser websites now confirmed hoax.

Fallout 4 however is real, look at December 12, 2013.

TEASER WEBSITE(s):

I made a wallpaper if anyone's interested...

[​IMG]

2560x1600 | 16:10 | PNG

NEWS

New's will be dated, wrapped in a quote and posted at the bottom of this post.

522 | PNG

TITLE | SIZE 5 | B

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  2. r8response

r8response Member

Not bullshitting the claim, but anyone can file a trademark in a companies name.

In saying that, i've enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Be interesting to see where they take Fallout 4. The whole post apocalyptic desert setting is getting a little long in the tooth for me.

3. TERRA Operative

TERRA Operative Member

Maybe set it in Russia or China or something. Would be cool to play the story from the other side.

Doesn't matter anyway, I'm such a Bethesda whore I'll play the living hell out of it regardless. :D

4. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

God...if the lead character of Fallout 4 looked anything like that I'd abandon this on principal alone :Paranoid:

5. Boneman

Boneman Member

Is that Yorick Brown ? Where is Ampersand ?

6. damo13579

damo13579 Member

7. AEKaBeer

AEKaBeer Member

It's suspected to be announced on 11-12-13 according to Destructoid and based in Massachusetts.

8. Sebstar

Sebstar Member

my fav bit in fallout 3 was the tree/the oasis at the top of the map. Looked so pretty. Closely followed by Operation Anchorage. I thought that was really well thought out in terms of being a Sim for China invading...

I'd be happy with more variety. Variety in scenery. Variety in monsters (supermutant, raiders, some kind of creature. repeat. was getting boring).

I'll play it regardless because I love post-apoc settings though.

9. warhead

warhead Member

I've been replaying FO3 with some of the most popular mods and wow, what a different experience it makes! Unfortunately I broke the main quest line by accidentally stumbling into a certain place I wasn't meant to be in and it triggered progressive events I had no way to back out of. Either time to go back to a really old save or push on and just finish all the expansions. Really liked the Zeta addon to start with, really got the alien feel when in the ship, but like you said, the scenery does get repetitive.
    If there is a 4 in the works I'd definitely play it just because its fallout Lol. Wouldn't mind it if they went back to isometric POV gameplay like the originals instead of elder scroll

10. power

power Member

Yeah, I played NV recently with all DLC installed and had a fantastic time - I kind of wished I'd waited for Skyrim to have all DLC available and not played on launch.

11. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

IMO Overall the FO3 DLC was much better than the NV DLC, with the exception of Old World Blues, that addon was pretty fantastic

12. power

power Member

yeah some of the DLC was pretty average.

I think the worst one was Dead Money

Honest Hearts was "ok"

Lonesome Road and Old World Blues were pretty decent and the main story was good too. I enjoyed my stay in New Vegas.

13. Tinian

Tinian Member

Agreed.

I'll play Fallout 4 on release simply because I love the series. While I would really like more effort in the visual aspect of a post apocalyptic world, I'm wary of pushing Bethesda towards it at the expense of developing the multi varied plot lines.

14. power

power Member

I think they've been pretty decent custodians of the series so far (some really want them to go back to the isometric version but that's not me)

I'm looking forward to how they combine their experience with Skyrim and apply that to Fallout as they've sort of done the other way.

Also keeping in mind we won't be limited to the crappy 360 and PS3 anymore (fingers crossed).

15. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Agreed. I loved Fallout 3 and put 500+ hours into New Vegas, definitely ranks as one of my all-time favourites. If Fallout 4 is Post-Apocalyptic Skyrim and retains the weapon modding system of NV, I'll be in heaven! :)

16. power

power Member

I just hope they get some more music, I loved it but there just wasn't enough of it.

17. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Agreed. A few more songs would be tops, but gee they picked well for that game. Absolutely appropriate!

18. EuroSlave

EuroSlave Member

Bethesda

ugh

Yeah just going to be another static and boring game world with terrible writing on the same old shitty ass engine.

I do hope I am wrong

19. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

As long as thy completely re-do the entire game engine from the ground up, as the FO3/NV engine was janky as hell even at release. I put up with it, because everything else in the game was so awesome

Now the nextgen consoles are out there is no excuse not to go all out and develop an engine that will take advantage of current PC hardware.

20. datfreak

datfreak Member

Me to ;)

Hopefully it will have (it is exists) a new engine - and a fo3 vibe to it(im not a fan of NV)