Fallout 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ADV, Nov 18, 2013.

1. roamin

roamin Member

ouch that would hurt me a lot.

where do you live? im in cranbourne / melbourne and can download it for you. i dont have it downloaded but im on 100/40 nbn unlimited data so i will just download it again and make a backup of it. happy to help if i can.

2. AERO

AERO Member

just started my farm, also a question, if you go to sleep in a bed etc.. in game obviously heals you but if you do it too much and time passes by days years etc... does it affect anything in game like people die or just a number to heal etc.. wondering if i can go a few weeks sleeping to get alot of water to sell?

[​IMG]

3. Ck21

Ck21 Member

yes, you can sleep for a couple of days to stockpile water, it also refreshes the the amount of gold on the vendors.

The downside is, you could be attacked and wiped out while you sleep, or wake up in the middle of an attack.

4. Ck21

Ck21 Member

So, Boredom finially kicked in enough for me to grab season pass, downloaded all the DLC plus the HD texture pack. jump in game, spent like 6hours on a new game running around doing quests to unlock far harbour (still so easy to get distracted). The whole time ive been running, its a liquid smooth 75fps with everything on ultra sans shadows and depth of field (those 2 settings make finding things in dark places a royal pain).

Get to the island of far harbour, defend the gate, grab first quest, not 50m from settlement, can just make out some trappers in the fog, goto pull out the trusty 0.50cal sniper rifle, and game crashes to desktop. no warning, no errors, straight to desktop. *sigh*

So far, ive managed to do handful of quests, and its CTD 6 times....

last one, was at longfellows "settlement", built a nice big pad, and a fusion for power, 4 industrial water purifiers, went to hook up power and boom CTD... fml.

restart game and of course the save pickups where quick moved via the map, and i have to rebuild everything again. :upset::thumbdn:

Seems i didnt wait long enough for bethesda to polish up the dlc areas enough to be crash free.

5. power

power Member

Shame I don't really remember too many ctds in the DLC areas, but i am well versed in the F5 key too.

6. Aaron_85

Aaron_85 Member

Can't say that a week post release I have not had a single crash that wasn't messing with mods related :/

7. Ck21

Ck21 Member

I shouldn't really be surprised, im well versed in Bethesda games.

I did my 2nd play though on patch 1.5, had zero CTD's.

game is now on 1.9.4 and 6 ctd so far in the far harbour area? :thumbdn:

might have to see if there are any community patches out yet, its 2017, we shouldnt have to F5 every 60sec to ensure we dont loose progress.

Makes me wonder why games dont employ journaling in their save games like OS's do, so if a crashes happens, you dont loose and corrupt everything and have to resume from the last manual save point.

8. AERO

AERO Member

i never got the dlc or expansion thing for this, but then i havnt finished the original game, some time i think i wasted far too many talent points on useless things. wish i had focused on things now.

seems my weapons never get any better either.

9. power

power Member

did you follow the main quest lines? That opens up a lot of stuff and better weapons.

when I said earlier not many ctds, I'll be honest in my many many hours I don't remember any so if I did have them there weren't many at all.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  10. AERO

AERO Member

i kinda got caught up doing side quests then recently another settlement is under attack, despite ive set up defences etc.. was also getting water pumps going.

i guess i should continue main quest lines, was doing a few of the missions for the brotherhood i think, im guessing that never ends either
    guessing road to freedom is the storyline.

[​IMG]

11. power

power Member

There aren't too many radiant quest lines join all the factions and do all their quests up to a point then choose one to side with. Be sure to have plenty of saves so you can experiment. Companion side quests aren't bad and focus heavily on conversation skills and always be The Shroud.

12. illusionist2002

illusionist2002 Member

so ive been having a problem with the game for a while now, im assuming its a mod conflict somewhere but i have no idea so...

the game plays fine for..an hour or so sticking to solid 60fps then gradually drops in fps till its unplayable (sub 20) i save game restart where i left off and its back to 60 for another hour or so

gpu usage drops when fps drops too. cpu usage looks normal at all times
    im not hitting vram limit or system ram

im sure its a mod issue but i just cant find it and honestly its such a pain in the arse to dissable one 1 play test for 2 hours then dissable another...so on

im just asking if anyone else has had this issue or seen it?

also need moar dogmeat :)
    [​IMG]

13. ar3nbe

ar3nbe Member

EB Games are currently selling the Far Habour DLC for $4. Not bad for what should be an extra 10-20 hours (I am yet to play the DLC)

14. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

wow thats pretty good.

Getting back into this after a while, got the HD pack installed running on my new 1080ti, game looks great....havent actually finished the game yet, too busy collecting stuff and building settlements lol.

Just started a new character to test out survival mode..much harder but more rewarding.

Was hoping to pick up the season pass during the recent steam sale but it wwas only 40%..not 67% like the game was :(. If EB has thhe far harbour for 4 bucks...mite be able to get the season pass cheaper somewhere also.

15. illusionist2002

illusionist2002 Member

the other dlcs arent really worth it. nuka world barely passable for paid dlc far harbour is best purely for new island / places to see and more quests

unless you get the season pass for a really good price you could just get nuka world individually and stop there

16. power

power Member

i'd disagree, especially if you love FO4 and just want more.

Automatron is good, Nuka World is good as is Faaaaa Habaaaaa

17. illusionist2002

illusionist2002 Member

so i figured out what was causing my fps drop issue,
    it was scrap everything. which sucks cos its a great and nearly required mod if you build settlements

it must be conflicting with something else cos ive used it before in previous installs and not had an issue

hmm mebbe more tinkering is needed, like changing load orders or something

18. AERO

AERO Member

i havnt tried any mods and i havnt played in quiet a while, been playing other games, will eventually get back to this, going through dark souls 3 atm, (didnt get far in ds2 or ds1) hoping to get some dlc for this in steam sales on thursday. will definitely pick them up anyway :)

19. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

i been trying to get more hours on this game cause fallout 3 was awesome fun.

but i dunno what they did this game, the interface and everything is so clunky and just feel like shit it gets unplayable after an hour or so after trying to fight with the game just to do simple tasks like equip equipment or ammo. im glad i only paid 8$ for this crap.

20. AMLagonda

AMLagonda Member

:o Pardon, I played through the entire game and nothing was "clunky" and I rarely finish any game but I was happy to keep playing FO4 till there was nothing left.