1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ADV, Nov 18, 2013.

1. power

power Member

I didn't find anything clunky either, I did find the companion app on my tablet to be super helpful as well :)

2. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

learn to use your favourites, as it makes going into the pipboy less of a need now.

But seriously there's nothing wrong with the interface? It's pretty much the same as FO 3/NV?

3. Boneman

Boneman Member

Only interface problem I have is cant re-map the TAB and ESC keys (I play left handed). Apart from that I cant seem to stop playing this game, its not as good as 3 and NV but it's still strangely addicting in short bursts.

4. illusionist2002

illusionist2002 Member

everything is clunky when you in power armour ;)

[​IMG]
    right click and view image for its full screen size

5. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

its buggy for me, it doesnt feel anything like fallout 3, fallout 3 felt like a AAA game, never really had much issues, this feels like dogshit :confused:

6. Bourke

Bourke Member

Well stacks on then...Played for 6hrs at lvl 5, unlocked building bases.
    I would rather go to the dentist then use the Workstations for upgrading/building stuff...it's destroying my enjoyment...:thumbdn:
    You pack rat all your gear back to base, try to upgrade anything, usually short like 1 piece of rare blah blah to build it.
    The upgrade trees are deep enough, so look good but to actually improve your gear is tedious....F03 Repair or Sell..done.
    Fighting is lil "clunky" but is FO-style so it's fine, run out of bullets, run at them with a batten+ VATS.
    Favorite key- I have too many "sexy fingers" to make it work smoothly, case in point I had 80% health and hit STIM key by mistake.
    And night time is super dark, like can't move outside base until daylbreak.
    What I did in FO3 was to travel one whole length of map, trying not to die, to open up as many fast travel places so later on can go faster, so doing that atm

7. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

My biggest gripe in the game atm is trying to make decent and working helipads for my vertibirds. People on youtube seem to do it easily enough..but I do similar if not same builds..mine still go wherever they want :(

8. congoh

congoh Member

Is haunting a thing in FO4?

All those poor souls who perished in the nuclear apocalypse coming back to haunt the living :lol:

9. Nerb

Nerb Member

I played through twice without using base building or upgrading at all, except the few bits you have to do. Just used the stuff I found. Its an awesome game without all the base building rubbish.
    I hate fast travel.... but maybe thats why it takes me a few hundred hours for a play through.

10. illusionist2002

illusionist2002 Member

there are mods to fix most of those issues and many other things you didnt know you needed :)

nexus is your friend

11. AERO

AERO Member

finally nutted up and bought fo4 season pass for $29. figured i mose well, also got quake 2 and quake 4 as they were next to nothing lol, all to add to steam :)

will need to continue with f04 soon enough as i am still not through my first pklay through, coming to crossroads who i choose to side with

12. WJR

WJR (Banned or Deleted)

Sick of getting my arse handed to me by the feral ghouls in the early part of the game...really need better armour.

13. power

power Member

keep crackin' after a few hours you get so OP it's not funny.

14. AERO

AERO Member

so im 130 hours in and father just died :(. blasted the bos out of the sky and railroad no longer exist. is life worth living anymore?

i screenshotted the save where i turned against bos. (when im done might go back and choose alternatively.

have started some of the dlc's, did the mechanist, started nukaworld nd opened up the far harbour quest line.

so after father dieing is that basically the end of the normal game?

havnt tried any of the mods etc...

(was going to add some screenshots but cant find em :()

15. metalrain

metalrain Member

Pretty much but there are the DLC content. The main ones, Far Harbor and Nuka World add a lot of content, new overworlds to explore and decent story lines. The other ones are workshop DLCs that only add just a bit of flavor, perhaps except for Automatron which adds a fun side quest in Boston.

16. amisty

amisty Member

was this a spoiler alert!! haven't finished the game yet!

17. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

:rolleyes:

18. metalrain

metalrain Member

The game has been out for two years now...

19. ChickenSausage

ChickenSausage Member

I just bought a 1080 to replace my aging 780Ti and still get mad frame drops in this game. :confused:

20. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Yeah, the game engine is an old crippled dog that was old and busted before Skyrim even. Oblivion should've been the last game made on it.