1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ADV, Nov 18, 2013.

1. metalrain

metalrain Member

There are heaps of optimizations .ini and config files around for this game. What kills it for me though are "Godrays". Such a memory hog on my meek 4GB GTX 980...

2. amisty

amisty Member

Cant rush these things :oops: too many games not enough time!

3. metalrain

metalrain Member

Haha maybe avoid this thread for a while until you get through the main quest then ;)

4. FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

I really don't think it's that hard to add a spoiler tag.

5. AERO

AERO Member

sorry for spoiling it, but as someone said been out for 2 years now. ill remember for the next spoiler lol

6. Sledge

Sledge Member

So is Fallout 4 VR the same game with VR? And they expect us to pay another $60 for it?
    Or is it a totally different game?

7. metalrain

metalrain Member

It's just a VR version of the game with all the DLCs, with no real new content. The engine however was retooled with VR from the start. Not worth it unless you haven't played Fallout 4 before.

8. cdtoaster

cdtoaster Member

9. Nian

Nian Member

For Christmas, I was given a Playstation VR and Skyrim VR.

Skyrim VR makes you motion sick in just a few minutes. It's actually notorious for doing this. Many reviewers even comment about this particular game been bad because of it.

Given that it's another Bethesda game, using a similar engine. Be warned. It may look great, but may also be ultimately unplayable.

10. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

FNEW VEGAS in F04??????????

11. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Wow that looks awesome!

12. gav1ski

gav1ski Member

I would add

Salvage Beacons - if you fill up with too much crap put it in a container and place a beacon in there and someone will grab it for you.
    Armorsmith Extended
    Craftable Animal Glue - Adhesive Recipes - extra adhesive options (you can never have enough)
    Better settlement attack warnings - changes the attack warning to a pop up you have to dismiss.

Improved map - roads etc.

I use junktown over scrap everything as I found scrap everything a bit over the top and it missed some items (floating roof in sanc very annoying) as well as the huge amount of resources you get, I was able to fully ring sanc with concrete walls and still had heaps available after just scrapping 1 settlement.

A nice to have one is you want to easily find all collectables is The Collectors Guides adds quest markers for all of them.

Finally DEF_UI for better inventory management.

cdtoaster likes this.
  13. power

power Member

14. amisty

amisty Member

sorry to kick start this thread but like i was saying earlier playing this finally and getting into and realised i fu*ed up and thought the top row of the perks needed to be completed fully before selecting the below as they hadn't lit up fully like top row! the below little seemed to be greyed out to me anyway!!googling hasn't helped me and have tested a few commands and mod to reset or remove perks, looks like they are for older version of the games currently nothing is working! anyone have any idea's? or tough titties basically and deal with it!
    any advice would help thanks.

15. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

I think most command and/or mod should work fine...i think command is disabled in survival mode though..so yer not sure what the problem is there

16. havabeer

havabeer Member

dont feel too bad, i did the same thing when i started playing. i thought you had to max out the skill to open the one below it and work down the list

17. amisty

amisty Member

yes not sure why the commands aren't working, only thing shitting me is gun mod perk and Armour got plenty of health stuff anyway ill need taht later when it gets harder with the enemies .
    Looks like I'm not the only one few people on the internet have done it also.

I must say looking from the outside in, it is fu*kn stupid how they have done it! (MY OPINION OF COURSE) anyone who has come over i have shown them for their opinion and agrees with me!!

18. AERO

AERO Member

i didd the same til i realised too, i lost my gamesave :( had done most dlc's amd missions and only had the water dlc to go, tried to start a new one with tons of mods but my game crapped itself lol.

after 140 hours on the first gamesave i cbf starting again lol

19. metalrain

metalrain Member

If you guys want a save file, you should be able to just download one

20. oculi

oculi Member

And it only took another 2 years to get a video card that would run this, just finished the game now - assuming
    blowing up the institute counts as finishing

was pretty good, kinda glad I did so much stuffing around off the main line as it would have been finished pretty quick otherwise. Story was a bit easy to break (partly) like most of them.

I ran a few mods, one of the reccomended mods was a mod to enable achievements when using mods, as usually using mods disables achievements. It was pretty refreshing playing a vidya game with no achievements for a change.