Fallout 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ADV, Nov 18, 2013.

1. amisty

amisty Member

oh spew i thought i wasn't getting pop up steam windows of achievements now i know why!! if i remove mods will all the achieves come back or list? or do i have to do all them a again! or the mod return them!! f%&*n spewn!

2. metalrain

metalrain Member

Try playing it in Survival Mode. It's a much more enjoyable game that way imho.

3. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Can't fast travel.

4. metalrain

metalrain Member

Well there are ways of getting to locations pretty quickly if you know how.

If you join the BoS or complete the main quest with any faction, apart from the Institute, you can acquire Vertibird Signal Flares/Grenades and fly there

Or

Join the Institute and teleport to the CIT from any location instantly.

The only negative to Survival Mode for me is that console commands are disabled so you can't hotfix clipping or quest issues. But there's a quick and easy mod that re-enables access.

5. Recharge

Recharge Member

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43979?tab=files

6. Recharge

Recharge Member

and video of some of the new DLC sized mods.

7. Sankari

Sankari Member

Still playing this. It's just fantastic. So glad I didn't bother with 76.

Hotrod2go likes this.
  8. Recharge

Recharge Member

given the pure shit show it's been since it was released and is STILL a shit show.... yea.
    also a horrendous shame of what could have been :(

playing fallout with friends would have been epic, but they just made a pile of shit.

9. CrazyDez

CrazyDez Member

Me too. I'm on my fourth playthrough.

I did put in some time on 76 during the free weekend, and the world looks interesting, but I won't pay and play unless they deliver a full size SP campaign.

10. Ripley

Ripley Member

No death survival playthroughs of this game are doing my head in. It's strangely satisfying. Minimal mods btw ...

1. I hate Molotov Cocktails. Especially my own. Only ever throw them in the clear.
    2. Those eggs near water? Just leave them the fuck alone. At least until higher levels.
    3. Trapped a dog at Sanctuary. Turned out to be a mutt. Didn't realize trapped mutts could kill. Oops.
    4. Who the fuck straps a landmine to a molerat. I mean really! Fuck you Bethesda.
    5. Oh! So that's what a marauding pack of come-from-behind ghouls look like.

And so I switched to power armor. It's amazing how far a single power core can take you if you walk. There's 2.5 of them in Red Rocket/Concord.

6. I hate Molotov Cocktails. Especially NPC's MC's. Fuck you Bethesda.
    7. Chased across the map. Legendary Alpha-male Mutt wins.
    8. Pack of mutts. Fumbled the gun choice/aim combo. And I had support. Fuck.
    9. Failed to run from a grenade bouquet trap. Even in T45, you can't just stand there, apparently.
    10. Infected Bloodbug. And I thought that walking the Commonwealth in Power Armor might save me.

You get the picture. My only lament is that Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 are both keeping the next gen single play experience away, as either one would kill the online cash cows that are currently being raped by Zenimax Online. Fuck you Bethesda.

11. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

No they are not. ESO is a completely different studio and most of BGS has been making Starfield for 5+ years. Fallout 76 was an afterthought, probably pushed by Zenimax for games as a service income while BGS take another two years to finish Starfield.

Just to clarify BGS was designing Starfield before Fallout 4 was released and it has been on the backburner for a decade. They have been making it as their primary project ever since Fallout 4 was released. Starfield is delaying new Fallout and TES games, nothing to do with ESO and 76. 76 probably delayed Starfield but I'm hoping some of that will be to polish like they've never done before.

More of a fuck you to Zenimax. All BGS are doing is making the game they've wanted to make for a decade after grinding out Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  12. Recharge

Recharge Member

13. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Tried to play Fallout 4 again recently, got further but the same 'fuck this is boring' vibe kicked in and I lost interest.

14. power

power Member

I tried to play the mod mentioned a few posts above and the quality wasn't there, also I really exhausted the map on my playthrough. The only thing that I've enjoyed of FO4 is the VR mode, just a shame I had to buy it separately but that mode is fucking great. So immersive.

15. Recharge

Recharge Member

16. Recharge

Recharge Member

17. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Speaking of VR mode, after recently purchasing a VR headset and have been itching to try out VR mode on Fallout 4 it's currently on sale for $26.98 which is awesome! No way I was going to pay the original $89.95 price when I already own a copy.

18. boneburner

boneburner Member

Why install anything ever again - with Bethesda & Amazon Studios announcing a Fallout tv series....

Thread here:

19. Recharge

Recharge Member

20. Recharge

Recharge Member

Multiplayer? MUTIPLAYER! OMGBBQ!
    very Alpha, but there's potential.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020