Fallout 76, new Bethesda CCC title with AAA monetization.

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kookooburra, May 31, 2018.

1. Submariner

Submariner Member

Some of us got collectable Fallout pins with the game and some might also say, sadly, the pins are worth more than the game :(

BTW
    https://www.slashgear.com/bethesdas-free-game-fallout-76-apology-has-backfired-26559166/

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  2. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Needs more of a game for me to consider it again. $17 is probably still too much for me and I paid $100 for it as a preorder. So glad I cancelled.

josh_676 likes this.
  3. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

Damn, that does not sound good... will give this a miss.

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

It took this one post to help you make the decision? Not the entire internet totally smashing nearly every aspect of the game?

5. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

its probably worth it for the $17 i picked mine up for 39 and ive played a few hours on it...... treating it like a single player game though

6. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Enjoy your endless mindless grind...

7. MrBS

MrBS Member

I picked up a cheap copy and put a couple hours in over the break. The gameplay loop of kill, gather, craft, kill is there and seems okay at the lower levels at least. Could make for a chill podcast/netflix game like No Man's Sky until I get bored of it. Now back to AC Odyssey.

8. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

The server instability in this is simply unacceptable...meticulously clearing somewhere for 30-40mins, 80+% done, suddenly DC...halfway through an event quest, suddenly DC....grab a workshop and build an epic base around it, suddenly DC....walking around appalachia or relaxing in my camp, suddenly DC...I reckon I average a DC every 1-2 hours

I actually love the game, but when I'm immersed and doing something then suddenly get booted, not only is it enraging but it also breaks the immersion completely.

Interesting to see about what's coming:
    https://fallout.bethesda.net/articl...I6/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-january-1-2019

So far I haven't cared about exploits/dupes/whatever as it hasn't effected me personally...player vending though, that might be the first online/non-solo feature I could be interested in, shopping at other people's stores. BUT, won't this be completely ridiculous due to all the dupes and whatever out there? (rant #2: lol @ bethesda leaving exploits unpatched for weeks after they're all over youtube, and being unable to reverse gains made using them)

Did I mention I do really enjoy the game? lol...

Spyder6052 likes this.
  9. metalrain

metalrain Member

Kinda sad that their first attempt to fix duping just made it slightly less convenient for them to do so. I've actually started to deal with dupers myself, raiding their loot while they are doing in and dumping their junk in the middle of nowhere. I take ammo as a tip though lol

10. csoldier

csoldier Member

Heh.
    It's the Y2-019K bug...?

11. Submariner

Submariner Member

I can barely play for 30 to 60 minutes, the servers keep dying, which means restart whatever you were doing. Anything I do now needs to be complete in that time limit or bad luck...

Plus I am noticing a bug, I noticed earlier in the games life, getting worse. Approach a group of mobs, but do not agro them and do not shoot them, turn away from them, hear them do a death scream, turn back and they are all dead :weirdo:

12. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

I can't believe the Server Disconnect situation is still so bad, this long after release.
    I understand that "massively overloaded multiplayer servers on launch day in this exclusively online multiplayer game" is just a fact of life these days.
    But most other studios and publishers tend to get stuck into fixing such massive gameplay issues immediately.

Rather than faff about putting a $20 bottle of shitty rum in a $5 plastic shell then charging $80 for it.
    They went through four prototypes (if you believe the CEO of the marketing/promotions company which produced them) but you still can't actually pour the rum without spilling it everywhere. In order to not waste any of your USD$80 Nuka Dark Rum, which apparently tastes like it was distilled in a share house bathtub, you need to remove the inner glass bottle from the injection-molded plastic shell. Fourth prototype's the charm. :thumbup:

I'm sorry to keep banging on about shit that's unrelated to actual FO76 gameplay. But to be honest, there doesn't seem to be all that much of it to talk about.

Is this corporate penis envy? Bethesda watching EA/Activision/Ubisoft/WB et al. giving its customers a bright and shiny full moon with every new game and still making All Of The Fucking Money, and thinking "we want a piece of that pie, they'll all buy it anyway if it we hype it hard enough"??
    Thinking that we've all put up with the bugs, SO MANY BUGS, FOR SO LONG, that it just doesn't matter anymore?
    We all know there are still people dedicated and/or lonely enough to be out there spending their spare time trying to fix FO76 right this second.
    So is Bethesda just taking the piss? Did they kick off a massive crack party sometime around the middle of last year, and it's still going on?
    Just what the fuck is happening over there? I would love to know, because I happen to have quite liked the Fallout Series and Elder Scrolls. Pretty concerned. :(

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  13. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I still think it's a Zenimax cash grab not something BGS wanted to produce, especially when their primary focus is a pet project (Starfield).

14. Submariner

Submariner Member

The server disconnects are just getting worse and worse. It is not random for me, it is every time I play. The last couple of times today, it is around 30 minutes, then disconnect.

I do not use any of the exploits, trying to play game without any, but I have a feeling the duping or other exploits might be causing this and it is widespread knowledge how to do it and no bans happening, so I guess it will only get worse as they have no idea how to stop it.

15. omen_child

omen_child Member

I played for hours yesterday without a server disconnect or any other issue.

16. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Same here, but the second world I played in got laggy so it would take a couple of seconds before I could interact with an object.

17. Submariner

Submariner Member

Probably the luck of the draw with the servers and time of the day we play. Few reports on Reddit that people were getting disconnected after 20 minutes. I was able to play for couple of hours after my previous post without a problem, even after more than one nuke and killing Scorchbeast Queen, possibly no dupers on that world?

I have had a single server go down for maintenance (message and timer went off in game), I was thinking all the servers were going down, but was able to connect to another world straight away. Yesterday on the dodgy worlds, load an area, run a bit, rubber-band back to where you started.

18. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Can't believe there are still teething issues this far along, or have Bethesda given up on regular patches already?

19. havabeer

havabeer Member

Another month or two and itll be free to play.

How are the player numbers going or we can't get those stats like in steam?

20. omen_child

omen_child Member

There's still quite a few players in-game when I'm in there.

That said, most of the community I played with at the beginning has moved on.