Fallout 76, new Bethesda CCC title with AAA monetization.

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kookooburra, May 31, 2018.

1. im late

im late Member

The server disconnects are the only issue I am facing with the game now.

2. Submariner

Submariner Member

Most times I go on a world now there are high level players (100+) with a player in the single digits, usually with a numerical name (99808787) I guess they are dupers and/or using a second account to store junk?

They still need to fix limited storage, and the limited CAMP building, which is so restrictive. Put down a medium size building and the basic craft benches, water, plants and I ran out of space to decorate the building. Zero reason to get CAMP plans or buy from their Atom shop, unless I scrap essential parts of my building. Talking about plans and recipes, there are hundreds of them and no way to know when buying them from a vendor if you have it. The only way to know is go retro and print out the 25 pages and mark them off the list:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UzbMBs5M4EebCSLliIoYU4uIHtIo5rBi7qQkOA-hNHk/edit

3. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

They haven't expanded storage yet?! Surely it's not that difficult to change an integer? Didn't they say they would fix it right after launch?

4. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

I would seriously consider looking at it if they made it free to play (or pick it up for $10 or something), because I like all the basics mechanics and the world ideas.
    But only if I had live feedback from people I actually trusted (i.e. players here on OCAU) that they'd actually fixed the "luck of the draw" disconnect problem and the worst of the gameplay glitches. At least it sounds like they are making some progress, but this disconnect/lose progress thing is still a major concern for me.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  5. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I was kind of looking forward to mods and private servers but I doubt that will ever happen now. It will die before they ever get around to it.

6. Submariner

Submariner Member

The duping process is why servers fail and become unstable:

[​IMG]
    Not my picture, got this off Reddit. They usually have maximum caps, so want real money. Apparently they are going all out to dupe as much as possible, to get as much money as they can, in case they eventually get banned. Problem is that people are paying them real money, rewarding the bad behaviour, for example $15 for a single gun using paypal. If these dupers are getting good money from people to win a game, it could also give companies the idea they could do it and take advantage of this market.

If Bethesda keep turning a blind eye, this game will be deader than it is now.

7. metalrain

metalrain Member

I still play everyday, mostly with a bunch of international friends. There definitely has been a drop off from the original release, but there are a bunch of new(ish), lower level accounts, which I guess are from new players who received this game as a Christmas gift or just alt accounts for those who can 't live with the current carry weight and stash limits.

The game seems to be getting more stable every new patch, but the cock up during the new year when the nuclear missile silos were offline wasn't that fun.

8. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

So they had a chance to attract a bunch of new players after the xmas sale/gift giveaway... and then drove those people away by glitching out the nukes, right around the time that any dedicated new players would be getting to that stage of the game...

[every facepalm.gif that exists]

And then "shitty people being shitty people" step in to take advantage of dupe glitches and ruin the economy.

I guess the writing is on the wall for this one... :(

9. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Was on the wall from BETA.

BlueRaven and DangerMaus like this.
  10. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Yup, it was DOA.

Let's hope they learn from this and put some effort into polishing Starfield before launch. Back to back turds could ruin a lot of good franchises.

It's essentially being thrown in for free with a lot of xbox bundles now.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  11. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

Hey they could still turn it around in a year or so....
    By making a huge E3 announcement regarding the upcoming release of....
    "Fallout: 3088: Electric Post-Apocalyptic Vault Boogaloo That's Fun With Friends! (+/- 2/3 Bonus Gold Collectors Edition and Downloadable Cosmetic FALLpass!!)"

Right guys?
    I mean, come on.... FALLpass!!!

(edit: goddamn... I feel like such a monster for even going there. but... look at what they did.
    LOOK AT WHAT THEY DID, GODDAMMIT! FOR FUCKS SAKES BETHESDA WHAT THE FUCK.
    JESUS.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    DangerMaus likes this.
  12. havabeer

havabeer Member

i'm honestly surprised they didn't run with that as the tag.

13. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

THIS IS WHO WE ARE.

Apparently.

FALLpass is coming, just you wait. Calling it now. The Fallout franchise has officially transitioned into its new identity.
    There will be no further singleplayer Fallout games. It's all "Live Service"+MTX from here on out.
    Which is a bit of a shame really. I don't like having to deal with fucking morons while I'm trying to play mah gaemz.

But this is the world we live in... gloriously interconnected for better or worse. Yaaaaaaay. :/

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  14. Submariner

Submariner Member

15. power

power Member

this game is just a culmination of literal years of not applying the community fixes to their products. letting bugs carry through from generation to generation.

BlueRaven and dave_dave_dave like this.
  16. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

There refusal to replace there engine will be there downfall. They are just getting further and further behind on the technogy front and once Cyber punk drops there games will look like bad poorly aged classics.

17. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

But it has 16 times the detail with improved lighting,rendering and terrain!

BlueRaven likes this.
  18. havabeer

havabeer Member

But new engines cost money

You either license one which costs money
    Or you make your own Which costs money

Modifying your own in house engine costs very little money

19. MightyOz

MightyOz Member

This is true but the longer you do this for, the less monies you make for that game vs newer game engines.

What I don't understand is why they haven't implemented the community done mods and given them credit where due ?? Why not make use of them ??

20. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

hahahahaha fix for server stability worked a treat........... 15 minutes in and starts dropping in and out....