1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Fallout 76, new Bethesda CCC title with AAA monetization.

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kookooburra, May 31, 2018.

1. power

power Member

when you consider that every Fallout and Elder Scrolls game released in the last god knows how many years is released in a state that has pre-existing bugs present (from previous games) and these are never fixed through sheer bone headedness this game was always going to be a disaster - it's why myself and many others just didn't buy in.

BlueRaven, Bertross and Spyder6052 like this.
  2. Recharge

Recharge Member

3. Bertross

Bertross Member

And never will.

4. Submariner

Submariner Member

Without the community of modders fixing their games they would not have made as much money as they have now.

Modder released a mod that should have been in the released game to show the plans and recipes you have already bought or found. No one can remember every plan in the game. Someone typed out the known plans and it was something like 25 pages long.

What I love is some people on Reddit are saying do not use mods, you will be banned. Too late for that now, mods like the one below should be in the game. Ban me and the many that will use it and there will be no one left playing their game, we just do not care any more. I will not use exploits, like duping but this mod is completely different.

BlueRaven likes this.
  5. havabeer

havabeer Member

Mods are probably one of the biggest money makers for them in all their games. It allows user created content, people hear about how good/fun/different mods can make the game and people sitting on the fence may possibly buy a copy due to this fact.

It shouldn't be a get out of jail free card for lazy developers though.

6. japes

japes Member

Thanks for the title change, fuck Bethesda. Haven't made a decent game since Morrowind imo.

DangerMaus likes this.
  7. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

Top marks for honesty OP.

ALL ABOARD THE HATE TRAIN, CHOO CHOO MUTHAFUCKAS!!!

Look me straight in the eye and tell me you don't have at least a couple of hundred hours in Skyrim. Be honest.

That's exactly what's so fucked about this supertanker collision. WE FUCKING LOVED THEIR GAMES.
    We loved them so much we spent hours fixing them before playing.
    And they just pissed it all away. All that gamer goodwill. Which is a rare enough commodity at the best of times. FFS.

8. japes

japes Member

That's an easy one - would have been under 20 hours. Maybe 100 in Oblivion.

9. power

power Member

then you aren't part of the current audience and projected audiences I guess.

I'm gonna be honest here, I played and LOVED a metric shit tonne of ES 5&6, Fallout 3, NV & 4. They should have been able to capture me as part of the core audience - but NO, they gave me this turdburgler (still pissed about ESO tbh). So it's clear they knew they would lose part of the audience and were hoping to gain a new audience as well as retaining at least part of the existing audience - turns out most people, they just expected more - not sure what delusion they were under where they thought that the janky but works in a weird way gameplay mechanics from any of the titles i've listed would work in competitive online play. But here we are, one of the most ill advised projects to come out of a AAA since Battlefront, but hey at least that one was a functioning mess. This game is just a mess. So kudos to Beth for outdoing EA, kudos.

Where was the fucker in the pitch meeting that said, you know guys the engine isn't really built for this shit right???

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    zeggie and BlueRaven like this.
  10. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Thrown out the window?

2r57qa.jpg

11. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

Fascinatingly, the guy that got kicked out the window wasn't the person who said "let's leave a fully functional Dev Room in the online release... we'll just make sure it's totally hidden from the kinds of people that we well know have nothing better to do with their lives than exploring every single tiny facet of every single line of code that we've ever produced... there's no way that could possibly be exploited, right?"

Callouts to anyone who's ever worked in corporate IT, faced with those inevitable "why the fuck are we doing that, it's a stupid idea that will never work" situations... No matter how bad Big Finance IT support ever got, I would still take it in a heartbeat over working at Bethesda Studios right now... corporate meddling at its finest.

I mean, that's the only possible explanation I can come up with for the thick stench of corporate fuckery that Bethesda is exuding right now.
    The Money Men have come in and started swinging the Big Sticks with a vengeance, and the rank'n'file have responded with "Fine. Have it your way guys".... [immediately start looking for new employment opportunities]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  12. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I was talking about COD not Fallout 76.

13. power

power Member

i know and the difference is that while there's new FC games and COD games, Bethesda are too damn lazy to sort out fundamental known longstanding bugs whereas Ubisoft and EA actually do so what they are doing works for multiplayer and FO76 was never ever going to work with the same attitude that has taken bugs that have existed since Creation engine was powering Morrowind, these unchecked bugs that are stubbornly never patched even though the community releases a fix for each and every subsequent FO or ES game.

14. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

lmao i want to be a fly on the wall in the meeting where they discussed how it would be appropriate to write personal letters to the people who payed for the game, discovered a bug and then exploited it.

"hey we forgot to remove this totally game breaking dev guy from the game"
    "its ok, we will just ban our users and then blame them for our mistake, and then we will ask them to apologise like the condescending ***** we are"

15. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

While I had a laugh at this, the actual Official Response to users who consoled their way into the dev room went something like:

"HI. WE HEAR YOU LIKE EXPLOITING THE DEV ROOM {THAT TOTALLY ISNT IN THE GAME BTW} FOR YOUR PERSONAL GAIN.
    YOU'RE BANNED. ALSO, PLEASE TELL US HOW YOU DID THAT, SO WE CAN FIX OUR CRUDELY AMATEURISH MISTAKE.
    ALSO, DID WE MENTIONED THAT YOU'RE BANNED? UNTIL YOU TELL US HOW YOU DID THAT.
    SO WE CAN FIX THE GAME AND MAKE IT BETTER.
    FOR EVERYONE.
    *BANHAMMER*
    KTHNXBI"
    EDIT: PLS HALP? KTHX. [YES, STILL BANNED. BUT PLS HALP US. THX]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Bertross likes this.
  16. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Which is why I mentioned the far cry games which have the same old bugs and a quicker release cycle. They roll some dice to decide a theme and bad guy then reskin or tweak old stuff, crunch and release. Ignoring the same issues just like BGS, just not as lazy. BGS isn't the only studio to ignore decade old bugs, clunky UI, physics issues or lazy coding.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  17. Submariner

Submariner Member

Finally get a decent weapon drop, a plain two-shot rifle and then they balance the game for PVP and nerf it :( Most people hate PVP, this game is no Fortnite.
    The game even tricks you into becoming Wanted for PVP. Only last night, the map showed an objective to loot supply drop, I go there, need to pick lock, no warning, then you are Wanted with 10 cap bounty. Then I have to run back to Camp to dump my Junk, because only way to get out of PVP is to be killed by another player and I will lose any junk I am carrying when some random kills me, because I deserve it as a griefer. Brilliant game design :p

If they go too far with PVP and do not separate it enough from PVE, my friends and I are out of this game. We do not play Fallout games for the PVP and it has been harder and harder to continue playing it, as they balance the game to make it more grindy to play, instead of concentrating on fixing the problems.
    https://fallout.bethesda.net/articl...Z/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-january-17-2019

18. Lupuscrux

Lupuscrux Member

on that linked page it says it'll be a new option accessed from the Main Menu, i'd like it more if they just moved all the pvp to this "new" accessible option, as much as i've only had 2 run in's with player killers.

19. power

power Member

I wasn't aware that there were old bugs in Dunia, and if there are the kind of game breaking stuff Creation has.

20. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Did you play FC5 at launch? Or any of the FC games for that matter? It was far worse than Skyrim's game breaking bugs. FC series has some of the greatest YT bug compilations ever.

To be fair some of their game breaking bugs are not a fault with the engine but repeating the same mistake over and over.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019