Fallout 76, new Bethesda CCC title with AAA monetization.

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kookooburra, May 31, 2018.

1. power

power Member

I did!

Also I have never had any really bad stuff, about the worst was the performance of 4 on launch.

2. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I've had several broken mission autosave loops that required an older save, I fell through the world a few times, got spat out of vehicles at high speed for no apparent reason. The physics bugs mostly date back to the original. Physics and interaction bugs are present in every FC game.

I had game breaking bugs in the Witcher 2 and 3 but others didn't as they were situational. I've heard of people having heaps of bugs in KCD but it's been one of the most stable games on every level that I've played in years.

BGS could have fixed fundamental issues with each major release, or planned for the future but they didn't. Even when modders ran into engine limitations with Oblivion they took a few years to put a band-aid on the problem. On top of that they aren't known for polish at all, either they're incapable of it or rely on modding like the popular theory. The flaws with the engine and their inability to plan, patch and polish combined with a fucking stupid rushed concept was going to have fairly predictable results.

Other devs continue to produce rehashed games with the same old bugs and design flaws but they don't have the combination of all the issues and tend to have more general polish than BGS games.

Starfield needs to be Witcher 3, RDR2 level of effort for BGS to redeem themselves in my eyes and frankly I don't think they're even close to capable of it.

3. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

i would have bought Starfield day 1 of release (say NO to pre-orders) if they didnt release this game in the state it is...... also freeing up PVP to no rules will be a game stopper for me

4. Recharge

Recharge Member

it's SO annoying this is such a shit storm, it LOOKS like an interesting game, but every single thing spoken about it shows it's not.
    ~sigh~

this guy points out WHY, there's no investment in the game, there's no point.

he gets to the game play aspect at 33:39

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  5. Submariner

Submariner Member

FO76 PVP:
    Basically everyone that bought their duped gear from ebay or duped junk or whatever, can take it with them to the PVP version, bad move, should have at least started it from scratch and kept the PVE/PVP characters separate. From the way it is looking now, I would not go near the PVP mode, it will be griefers heaven.

In PVP mode, no one should show up on the map, not even team mates, they have a microphone and should use it to get together. Enemies and friends could show up as a directional indicator on your compass, when they are near. Fast travel is a big problem in PVP, a group of players can land on top of another player too quickly, they need to limit it. So many problems, the map is too big for active PVP, there would need to be PVP events that attracted players to a certain area for a start.

ROFL, they think they can balance the game for PVP with some level scaling, not going to happen.
    Are they thinking about eSports? Oh look, the level 200 with all the best gear, perks, chems, fast travel locations, is top of the leader board, what a surprise.
    As for PVE and future developement we get another patch, and part of it is copying a modder who has already fixed the recipes and plans FUBAR.

PVE FO76:
    https://bethesda.net/en/article/1PnLPLl6a8D6gPNWvSVA0Q/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-january-24-2019

6. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

New Jan 29 patch is a disaster, rolls back good stuff, and even breaks recent fixes, re-introduces old bugs and re-allows duping again.
    They patched an earlier internal version build by mistake?

#dumpsterfire

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    dave_dave_dave likes this.
  7. Recharge

Recharge Member

LOL can they not fuck everything up? wow.

8. im late

im late Member

I still pay the game and enjoy it... :thumbup:

They just need to increase the stash limit, at least another 100... :lol:

9. power

power Member

mission accomplished.

rap and Perko like this.
  10. Submariner

Submariner Member

They totally screwed up bulking, so any scrap item bulked (reduces weight) will not automatically scrap when using the scrap item to repair or build something. Manually re-scrapping bulk steel, wood, cloth etc., each time is a pain, as even though you know you have the scrap, you do not know what item needs scrapping until you look at the list of items needed to do the job.

Will not let me fast travel to quest events and some events do not give a reward when finished, so all good there :p

Feels like the balance for this game is way off. Seems like 90% of the time is grinding to get enough bullets, chems for the SBQ fight. Can easy go through a couple thousand bullets during that. Plus food and drink to use every five minutes.

The rewarding part is seeing what players and modders do with the game. Last night heard a siren going off and went out to look at a players camp. They had basically built an aircraft carrier, looked very nice for the limited amount of tools you are given.

11. Submariner

Submariner Member

12. motion2082

motion2082 Member

This is the best Fallout game I never bought. As a huge fan of the series this is a major let down.

Sankari likes this.
  13. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester Member

Bought '76 Power Armor Ed from EB for cheap, purely for the helmet :leet:

My first fanboy purchase in years

Anyway, 437 hours on FO4, and still going...

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Just keep playing FO4 :)

15. havabeer

havabeer Member

go back and play FO3 and NV

16. im late

im late Member

So I now have the handmade rifle plan, going to my weapons workbench I see I have all the material to craft, also states I need at least a level 3 gunsmith perk card.

I have maxed out my gunsmith perk card (level 5), and of course card is applied.

??

17. Submariner

Submariner Member

Could try removing it, then applying it again.

I had a strange bug I noticed after the maintenance last night, where I could not craft a Halloween Skeleton suit, even though I had the exact number of plastic scrap to craft it (5/5). I had to farm up some more plastic and then it was happy to craft it for the original number of items. Basically needed more material than it was asking for to start the crafting, but then used correct lesser amount.

https://www.falloutbuilds.com/fo76/planner/#AwAAAAAEAAABAQEAAnAFAA==

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout76/mods/124

18. im late

im late Member

first thing i tried was removing then reapplying.

maybe when i log back in next it might work.