Fallout 76, new Bethesda CCC title with AAA monetization.

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kookooburra, May 31, 2018.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

They fixed the performance?

2. kogi

kogi Member

Are the quests fun? Or is it kill x, gather x.

3. metalrain

metalrain Member

The main quest is currently short and not that intriguing but they are set to expand that with Wastelanders with dialogue choices and consequences with the Raider and Settler factions and sub factions. Nothing too concrete with the information about the updated main quest but they promise it's going to be on the same vain as your typical Fallout RPG main quest.

The side quests are the real interesting ones and there is a plethora of them from silly random ones to more substantial and interesting ones. I love the Lying Lowe quest line regarding hunting down Cryptids for example.

Events and daily quests are your typical kill this, loot this and interact with this deal, something to trudge through to get some rarer and useful gear, caps or chems etc.

It's mostly fixed. Definitely not crashing as often and almost all of the exploits have been patched out, especially the ones causing server crashes. I'd say it's almost up to par with what a final release product it should have been.

It's a shame that it nearly took 11 months for that to happen.

If anyone wants to get into this game but wants a bit of a helping hand starting out or getting some information, hit me up in game. My main account is elekstrom though I do occasionally play with a mule account called hydroforge too.

I'm also on discord with MKULTRA#3040 with a bunch regularly playing Aussies so hit me up if you want in.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  4. Submariner

Submariner Member

I like the daily quest: Someone to Talk To. Experimenting on animals, shooting them with syringes and they talk back to you.

5. orbisfactor

orbisfactor Member

so just like every other Bethesda game???

6. havabeer

havabeer Member

Morrowinds main quest was pretty dam interesting basically becoming a demi God with all the random shit on the way

BlueRaven and Deano_20802 like this.
  7. metalrain

metalrain Member

Relatively speaking, even compared to other BGS games, the Fo76 main quest just sucks. Feels like long line of tutorial and introduction quests to each faction.

8. farma

farma Member

Thanks. Sounds like it will be a good game to add to the list.

9. AERO

AERO Member

so i bought a key to get the game, but the key fails to work... bit frustrating.

10. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

It's been many many years since I played through Morrowind, but I remember the main quest as basically 100% this, considering that you basically take over Vivec's role in the universe (IIRC).
    I moved on to other games after I acquired Umbra and enough relevant perks to basically one-hit every single enemy that I came across.

I guess it's good that 76 offers a bit of variety from this formula in endgame, although TBH I'd still prefer running around one-hitting everything and exploring interesting side-quest interactions rather than continuing with an endless "go here / kill x / gather x" grind.
    Maybe once they fully implement non-robotic NPC's I'll get interested... but there's already so much other stuff out there that is offering a complete experience from the word go...
    And there's always the option of doing a new Mod Organiser build for New Vegas... the very definition of replayability.
    BGS gonna have to work HARD to convince me that it's worth spending the cash on 76, after all the bullshit so far.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  11. metalrain

metalrain Member

Hey, you might have bought a key from a different region. Easy fix is to run a VPN of that region to register and you can play without the VPN afterwards.

12. metalrain

metalrain Member

13. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Not sure where to put this....
    I just bought fo3 GOTY edition "again" from gog and so far it's passed two former critical crash points with flying colours.

Good job Bethesda you useless twats.
    I'm really starting to hate money grubbing lazy assed Bethesda.

14. metalrain

metalrain Member

Here you go mate. I remember that game wasn't optimized for the latest OSes.

https://help.bethesda.net/app/answe...g-a-problem-running-fallout-3-on-windows-7/8?

15. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

16. metalrain

metalrain Member

What. Not trying be ridiculous, but I know the Steam version had the same issues if you had Windows 7+. I think we all should know by now, how badly unpotimized BGS games have been, are and most likely, will ever be.

17. OP
    OP
    Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Both Skyrim and fo4 are very well built, as was new Vegas, however f03 sux on steam.

Gog is fine.

18. boneburner

boneburner Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  19. power

power Member

and here i was thinking F2P would be where they'd go next but nope.

20. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

$100 USD per annum, wtf!?