Fallout 76, new Bethesda CCC title with AAA monetization.

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kookooburra, May 31, 2018.

1. congoh

congoh Member

I hope she bought it cheap. I've seen it on sale at EB for $15 (same price as FO4:GOTY) so if that's how much she paid then it isn't that bad.

It's disappointing (to put it mildly) but when everything is said and done, people running the company only measure their success by $$ earned so only way to change their behaviour is to follow example of BF2 campaign.
    $$ talks.

2. metalrain

metalrain Member

I've been playing this game ever since day one of B.E.T.A. and honestly, even with zero expectations when it came to the initial announcement of Fallout 1st, I still was very disappointed when they revealed they exact details. I couldn't believe the leaked details about Fallout 1st, that turned out to be 100% correct, even after the paid mods fiasco not that long ago, I couldn't believe BGS would become so greedy so quickly like this, but lo and behold, we're in this situation now. And honestly, I think it's only going to get worse with more rumors and leaks with how *well* Fallout 1st has been financially successful, more so than initially thought, and despite the wider backlash.

I'm glad I've got RDR 2 to look forward to. At least I know what I'm getting into (played RDR Online and GTA V Online both for a very long time). I know it'll have p2w mechanics, but I least I wasn't outright lied to by Rockstar.

Fuck BGS and honestly fuck this game.

I've played this game for 2,100 hours and have a combined 1,500 levels (no exploits) across 5 characters.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  3. raGneG

raGneG Member

...Fallout 1st was the straw for you? How in the world could you play 2100 hours???? Honestly curious.. it's such a non-game.

4. metalrain

metalrain Member

Because when it worked it was fun. The Wild Appalachia and Nuclear Winter DLC seasons did add a lot of content over time, plus it generally got more stable, so it had improved a lot since release. Gathered a lot of friends and we would play a lot together. For the most part, trying out new builds and building different camps got me going. Mix that in that I usually put thousands of hours into BGS games, it was inevitable that I was going to put this much time into the game.

But yeah, even I have my limits, and the broken cosmetics-only microtransactions promise is just too much for me.

I don't have any hope for Wastelanders but I'll probably check it out when if and when it's released, but it'll be more out of morbid curiosity more than anything else really

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  5. Recharge

Recharge Member

noticed this on facebook market place this morning if someone wants one?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2480376805581204/

no, it's not mine, just though some fan in there thread might have interest.

6. Coma White

Coma White Member

So I see this game is becoming more and more of a burnt turd almost weekly now.

7. Recharge

Recharge Member

you'd hardly think it possible to get worse, but bethesda is always ready to ask you to hold its beer.

qwertylesh likes this.
  8. havabeer

havabeer Member

But asking for $5 to give the pleasure of them holding your beer, after all it's a limited edition beer hold

qwertylesh likes this.
  9. Coma White

Coma White Member

With 16x the detail!!!

10. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Inventory wipe hack still unpatched???
    The BGS leeching continues ....

11. moosi

moosi Member

Vote more carefully with your wallets people (wait a month or two for reviews and dont preorder), else the unfinished product releases will continue and these games companies will keep getting away with more and more.

Nethiuz likes this.
  12. farma

farma Member

Anyone still play this? Should i get a copy?

13. r8response

r8response Member

Save yourself and walk away

14. Coma White

Coma White Member

Maybe if it was $4 like Anthem now is, but maybe wait a touch longer.

15. CrazyDez

CrazyDez Member

If it were free, I still wouldn't bother.

If Bethesda created a full size SP campaign, and reviews convinced me it was interesting and relatively stable, I would pay full price as I did for the last few Fallout games.

16. MrBS

MrBS Member

lol how about the hype?

The free expansion out Apr 14 as well as the steam launch. Of note for us suckers who got the Bethesda launcher version there is a promotion that if you have your steam account linked to your Bethesda account prior to launch you'll get the steam version for free. More details here.

17. metalrain

metalrain Member

70GB update for Wastelanders, and the Steam pre-load version is only 50GB, so yeah... Unless you've got a back-up of the PTS files, you might be spending a long time downloading everything before being able to play.

18. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Been playing a bit of this since the Wastelanders expansion, mostly enjoying it. It's very frustrating when moving through the quest experience though. "Go here and do some stuff with mobs around the low 20's" gets handed in and the next objective is "go get this item surrounded by some level 65 glowing fuckers lol". I've shelved half the quests in my log just because I can't get to the shit I need to.

19. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Tried it out over the free weekend just gone - do not rate. The game play felt clunky at best, I hated the menu navigation (WHY IS TAB BACK AND NOT ESC) and just all round did not have a fun time with it.

20. im late

im late Member

Question for the active players..what time AUST EST does meat week finish tonight?