Fallout 76, new Bethesda games studio AAA?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kookooburra, May 31, 2018.

1. Kookooburra

Kookooburra Member

Not enough info to tell wtf, but we'll know after E3.

2. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

West virginiaaaa

I'm already excited, put several hundred hours into fallout 4..MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Top_cat2 and Bertross like this.
  3. power

power Member

my response is tepid after the continuing persistence with ESO will this franchise end up in the same place. I've already heard a rumour of some sort of co-op survival game in the vein of Rust and company. and to be clear I fucking LOVE FO3/NV and 4 with a high degree of passion.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2018/05/sources-fallout-76-is-an-online-survival-rpg/

NO

NO NO NO

It turns out war, war sometimes changes to suit the new hotnesses in the marketplace.

PsychoSmiley and spootmonkey like this.
  4. Tinian

Tinian Member

5. MrBS

MrBS Member

Going to take something amazing to make me go back to Fallout after the last game, this probably wont be it :p

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  6. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Yeah nah.

My view: delayed response game to cash in on genres that kind of have already fallen to wayside. It'll be based upon their existing and woeful engine that will be as stagnant, dull and boring as previous interations with wooden animations, poor quality assets and just a lifeless (for the wrong reasons) environment. Now with it being online, any hope to have a polished product finished by the community will go out the window due to mods not working online and you'll be forcefed Bethesda's overpriced horse armour and other useless micro transactions. My only hope for this is that they get the fuck away from this annoying ARPG approach and actually have a reason to have people kitted out for non-combat roles and need them as a requirement to do shit instead of just using a gun to solve everything.

EDIT: I wish they would take a page from CD Projekt and change how they approach their games and the worlds they build. I played the Witcher 3 before Fallout 4. I could not stand Fallout 4 and it's bland static shitty assets and feel after the lushness of the Witcher 3.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  7. power

power Member

I thought progression from 3 to nv to 4 were all a decent and i've enjoyed the continued progression of systems and feel - also the very open nature of their engine makes community involvement huge. The fact that this game might be with us in the next 12 months means one of two things. It was in development at the same time as FO4 (ala Zelda Majora's Mask) or that it's a lazy spin off like ESO designed to be a limited experience that gets built upon as time goes by (the early access model).

Either way, i do have some modicum of confidence in Bethesda. They are making games I'm enjoying (Doom/Wolfenstein, etc) BUT and here's the big hairy but - they have turned ES into an MMO and that scares me.

8. rthy

rthy Member

can't wait for this to be on a steam sale

roamin and the_fuzz like this.
  9. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

100 players are dropped into a post nuclear war world. Last survivor wins, Winner Winner Cram Dinner. Each game capped at 150 hours to ensure you drop in again and again.

kbekus and AERO like this.
  10. havabeer

havabeer Member

Yeah the elder scrolls and fallout series just keep getting further dumbed down to suit the masses.

So is this just battle royale/elder scrolls online for fall out?

11. AEKaBeer

AEKaBeer Member

I mean Fallout 4 sucked when compared with Bethesda's previous FPRPGs but fuck, not like this Bethesda, not like this...

Next up The Elder Scrolls 2020: Pachinko

12. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Escape from Los Leones

13. AERO

AERO Member

took the words right out of my brain, so its fallout 76 battle royale :)

after 100 years 100 players come out from their vaults

14. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Can you please go away, Reading this content brings a tear to my eye. I don’t want that to happen and will be extremely mad if you’re right

EB games has alreAdy opened pre orders lol with release date ‘TBC 2019’

I’ll believe what the game is and isn’t when we get closer to release

15. power

power Member

*coming to Steam Greenlight Early Access this fall.

16. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

That means this is probably on idtech and not creation. Can't imagine multiplayer gunplay being any less than horrible on the old engine.

17. power

power Member

gunplay was great in FO4 I thought, a huge step up from the older titles. I got to the point where i found it tiresome to use VATS.

18. recoN

recoN Member

You lot are seriously spazzing out that your favourite game isn't being remade as the exact same game with better graphics?

Perfect example of what is wrong with this forum.

It's a goddamn teaser with zero details and you're already spilling your cheetos everywhere. Give it a chance people, for fucks sake.

Not everything has to be as cynical and pessimistic as you make it out to be. You all would've been like this when Fallout went from original top down to FPS, and guess what? wow it was a good change.

Why do I bother.

Madengineer likes this.
  19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Whilst I agree OCAU is full of entitled pessimist's, this does sound like a crap direction to take the series.. (yes its a teaser but is leaked details)

Fallout is a single player RPG.. Co-op campaign I am OK with but multiplayer crap, probably with a subscription is just not fallout.

Perhaps should have given it a new name as a spin off e.g. Vault 76: The Fallout Survival

Fallout 4 for me under delivered mainly due to the engine/development sucking optimisation/bug/animation wise.

20. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Well some pelicans apparently confirmed it’s an online survival. If they’re right I know I won’t like it. I like to play fallout single player, taking it real slow exploring everything.

Same game with new graphics or I throw my cheetos