Far Cry 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Aug 20, 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    Philll

Philll Member

What made me take that pic was being in the middle of a road (ground level) with an enemy around 10 metres away... his interest meter kept going up and down, but he didn't do a thing because he didn't keep looking the way he initially saw me (and kept seeing me). That screen is just of the next place is happened so obviously

The only way they seem to gain proper vision and become formidable foes is once you've been spotted and you try to hide again. Pop your head out then and you'll lose it

And this is basically all I've been doing with it now, just screwing around and seeing how it works

There are also points in the main missions where the enemy will patrol themselves away from you and never turn around again, I had to load an autosave to double check it

2. Blah72

Blah72 Member

Thats strange because im still getting the enemies re-spawning every 5 seconds, in fact every 10 feet there is some god damn road block. Once i completed a mission, and an enemy jeep drove up and started attacking, i killed it, and literally for the next 20minutes an endless wave of enemy jeeps kept coming from everywhere, till some sneaky bitch komodo dragon crept up and bit me lol.

The only thing ive enjoyed about this game is the wild life, watching tigers chase shit around and pounce on it. I cleared 2 enemy bases by just watching a tiger sneak round and maul everyone, whilst everyone is screaming shit shit theres a tiger!. Its pretty cool.

Sometimes watching the AI do dumb stuff like drive into the water and kill themselves is entertaining.

For me its just FC2 in the jungle, and i prefered the african setting because it is definitely more unique as far as FPS's are concerned.

I think it needed to be a difficult survival type game, its way too easy to just get heaps of money and a bazilion massive weapons and blow the crap out of everything. Stealth is terrible you can take down from like 5 meters away.

I cant say that anything about this game has surprised me though, its pretty much what i expected.

3. gcflora

gcflora Member

You killed a jeep? Umm. Yes, ok. :thumbup: :lol:

More worrying is that the jeep attacked you. What is this game?

4. Concept CBF

Concept CBF Member

Have you even started the mission??..... to start it you have to get the flamethrower from a certain someone, mission is easy as piss, you dont even need the flamethrower you just shoot the barrels if you want

5. Boneman

Boneman Member

Stand in the field long enough and you get high.

6. moist.au

moist.au (Banned or Deleted)

Haha, I find it so bloody inconsistent though. I've done exactly what you are doing: standing a few metres from them in plain sight with no detection. But I've also sat perched up on top of waterfall (I was trying to figure out the direction in which I should point my jet ski in order to get le huge air) 20 stories high and had two guys below by the boat shed detect me as soon as I popped my head out from behind the rocks. :confused:

7. Blah72

Blah72 Member

Jeeps are brutal pack hunters, they often stalk their prey for many hours before going for the take down and can consume up to 8 times their bodyweight in food. Clearly you should watch more national geographic.

8. lithos

lithos Member

I've noticed that the snipers, as you'd expect, have much, much more acute vision.

9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

the game got a 33mb patch...i wonder what it is.

10. gcflora

gcflora Member

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  11. OP
    OP
    Philll

Philll Member

There's a what to do what now? Have you got a link?

12. gcflora

gcflora Member

13. moist.au

Wow, that is AWESOME.

Thank you mate, I might even start the game again tbh lol.

Hopefully more mods to come??

14. lowdog

lowdog Member

Is anyone else having this game freeze/lockup requiring a ctrl-alt-del to get to desktop and seeing the "far Cry 3 is not responding" blah blah....happens from anywhere between 15 mins to 1 hour constantly, can't play the game for any extended period of time because it crashes everytime I play it. :thumbdn:

15. lithos

lithos Member

One thing you guys might like to try is adding "-offline" (without quotes, of course) to either the Advanced Launch Options in Steam or the game's desktop shortcut.

Some of these locking up, shit-is-missing problems is due to the fucking game feeling the need to be connected to the net all the time. Mate had problems with this on his connection and this fixed it. He lost some of the online-only bullshit, but I don't think it'd be missed by most.

16. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Genuinely interested. Why do you guys want no HUD? (keep in mind I am yet to play the game)

17. moist.au

It gets in the way, it's very large on screen and IMO it tells you too much information for the style of game that it is. I'm fairly certain I would still want the minimap, as opening the map up constantly to see exactly where I am might get annoying.

But XP pop-ups, health bar/armor/ammo, and sound effects for when you get a headshot are not something I feel should be in this game.

18. sandeep

sandeep Member

Hows the graphics of this game?

19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

its not any better than Crysis 1 because of the way they've made the game for consoles.
    they have done a lot of "shortcuts" with the graphics if you look hard enough.

Because its constantly in your face, reminding you to check your inventory, backpack, mission objectives and new game lore. Every fucking thing you pick up a reminder pops up to check the menu.

All i want on the UI is a compass and a minimap. Nothing else is required.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  20. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member