1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Far Cry 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Kommandant33, May 7, 2013.

1. Rezzix

Rezzix Member

Apparently it's an issue with Mouse Acceleration? The option in the menu doesn't turn it off apparently and you need to edit the xml file.

2. lowdog

lowdog Member

Runs okay on my rig, 4970K @ 4.7GHz with cfx R290's but only one card is working with current catalyst drivers, frame rate is only 30 - 40 fps but constant and gameplay is pretty smooth, AMD know about cfx problems and are apparently working with Goobie (Ubi) to fix it.....probably more likely NVidia payed Goobie to jinx the game for AMD users because it would have probably run better on AMD hardware than NVidia's anyway :lol:

3. hzac_

hzac_ Member

4. maldotcom2

maldotcom2 Member

It's nothing new that AMD are slow to provide drivers tailored for latest games.

5. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Drivers and general quality are one of the main reasons I haven't bought Ati/AMD in a while. Brother currently selling his 290x and looking to move back to nvidia pretty much purely for far cry, because it seems to run like crap on the 290x...

6. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Well goddammitt, the day 1 patch didnt fix the issue....still cannot get past the loading screen for the singleplayer: Farcry4.exe has stopped responding

Think Im going to request a refund from Ubisoft :(

7. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Wow, same here. 10GB patch and another mini patch, new drivers, removed all USB devices as one thread suggested...still fucked. :thumbdn:

FIXED IT!!!

I've got a HID in Computer Manager called VJOY virtual joystick which I disabled.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  8. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Theres a thread here about it on the Ubi forums:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ing-Crash-to-Desktop-on-First-Loading-Screen?

Ubisoft have responded as well:

Will have to just wait and see I guess

9. lowdog

lowdog Member

new catalyst 11.14 beta 2 drivers that AMD delivered with 24 hours of Far Cry 4 release improved performance by 50% on single AMD cards! Once the get cross fire working (Ubi problem :rolleyes:) performance will again improve.

It took NVidia longer to get working drivers for this game out the door than it did AMD! and this game is coded for NVidia; remember Assassin Creed first game where it ran better on AMD than NVidia and it was a "the way it's meant to be played game" so NVidia payed the devs to code into a patch performance crippling stuff for AMD gpu's....way to go NVidia and way to fuck everyone over fucking unscrupulous company of dogs......wouldn't surprise me if they have done this again to break crossfire performance in this game.

10. Supersize

Supersize Member

I get the common stuttering issue, tried everything, doesn't matter how low the graphic settings are the game still stutters.

It''s annoying, but at least its still playable unlike the guys who can't even get it started.

11. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Unbelievable, I just kicked off another verify files and its downloading ANOTHER 10Gb patch

So far I have downloaded:

Game Client : 31Gb
    Day 1 patch: 10Gb
    Day 1 patch again: 10 Gb

Playtime so far: Zero hours

12. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Hahahaha

Get into the game, start it up, CTD.

13. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Pro tip: Dont verify your files again if you value your data allowance.

Are you running on version 1.3.0 ? I just dont know what the hell is going on with uPlay and how it patches

14. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

It'll be worth all the fucking around once you get it going.
    If you enjoyed FC3 then your all in for a treat :thumbup:

15. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

FTFY :leet:

16. Stevros

Stevros Member

Always thankful of all you people that buy the game on day 1 and pay the maximum price to get the worst version so that people like me can pay 1/4 of the price later and get a decent version of the game :thumbup::p

17. dARCKLOWN

dARCKLOWN Member

thissssssssssssssssssssss

Hell I just finished Mass Effect 3 today. Enjoyed the hell out of it, got all that extra (free) DLC, extended endings and patch fixes and I payed $12 for it. I know I am late to the game on that one but even 4-6 months after any release and you have a far superior product at a cheaper price.

Learn some patience!

18. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Hey, I envy you guys that can do this...but not all of us want to wait 2 years after a game comes out to play it.

Guilty as charged as joining the hype train when games are announced....I often count down the days before a game is released, so someone like me cannot wait 2 more years :lol:

19. wraith666

wraith666 Member

Well I did manage to play this last night. Noticed it wasn't updated. Verify files. Few issues found and fixed. Cool. Go to play. CTD. Verify again. Oh yep more issues. Now it's downloading a 10gb update. Yay.

20. power

power Member

another nvidia driver

what's that 3 this month?