Far Cry 6

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by MR CHILLED, Jul 4, 2020.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I'll wait for big discount or high seas.. Too much good games in backlog to drop $80 for horrible AI. Does look fun in parts but no huge rush

lxboston likes this.
  2. Roger

Roger Member

Been playing it and enjoying it so far.

Can recommend Ubisoft+ if you’re intending on playing straight through, $20 for a month as long as it doesn’t worry you that you won’t own the game after, it doesn’t really feel like a game I would play more than once anyway.

Trizae, Rupet2019 and micsway123 like this.
  3. Rupet2019

Rupet2019 Member

I should have done this. the game is very shallow and limited.

4. isaakk

isaakk Member

Just did this, downloading now. Given i'll probably only play it for under a month, if that, & then cancel subscription, it's definitely much better value.

5. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

I will get this, but probably next year thought.

I never finished 5, but actually really loved New Dawn - it had this air of 'damn anything here could kill me, and probably will' - the first time I took on a legendary animal I got pasted by an Elk/Deer thing almost immediately and thought wow this is different..

6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Tempted to do a month of uplay+ for it but knowing me I'll take 2 years to complete so I'll wait for the inevitable 6 months price drop

7. wraith666

wraith666 Member

Got it on launch day. Basically same as every other FC game. Textures are occasionally horrendous. RTX3080 shouldn't be struggling on an ancient game engine. Still enjoyable just annoying in some areas.

Agent Orange and Rupet2019 like this.
  8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

yeah it makes me rage when people say it and FC5 are optimised well.. maybe the benchmark but other parts, nope!

The game engine suffers 'Traversal Stutter' even a 3090 was dropping below 60fps limit they set at 1080p (yeah more CPU bound at that res) but they were demonstrating that stutter occurs no matter what.

9. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

It's basically like playing an Nvidia based game on an AMD GPU, performance sucks. This ones been made for AMD so AMD cards run more or less flawlessly and Nvidia sucks lol. My 6900XT hardly drops below 80 @1440p, Ultra, HD Textures and FSR Ultra, even when I was playing co-op and we went a little metal and blew up a shit ton of trucks from a traffic jam we caused... From blowing up trucks :D :lol:.

I'm not that far into the game yet but yeah the AI is pretty dopey but at the same time it's nice being able to drive around with out getting chased every 2 fucking seconds like in FC3, 4 & 5, that got really annoying and was the reason I mostly fast traveled or ran through forests. The first Amigo Guapo is useless, he easily dies before killing 2 people, I'm guessing the rest will be the same. In most games with AI partners I end up telling them to fuck off because there more of a hindrance than help. Shooting from a movie vehicle is a pain in the ass as well, jumps around everywhere, made me feel like I was in a BF2042 vehicle. Flying helicopters is annoying as well, I'll have to play with the sensitivity but for me at 800DPI I'd need at least half my desk to turn around.

I'll see what else I find when I eventually get to missions, only just opened the HQ island and have yet to get further to recruiting other people, been exploring, collecting stuff and causing all kinds of chaos because I'm a nut case.

10. Rupet2019

Rupet2019 Member

I'd say Cyberpunk runs better than this and its a far more intensive game. FC6 is an unoptimised mess.

Symon likes this.
  11. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

I have Cyberpunk but haven't tried it yet. Most games now a days are unoptimised, quality control has been out the window for ages, it's all about making $$$, it's only when it doesn't run perfect on Nvidia that people bitch :lol:. Considering the age of the engine it should run better on both but I guess there pushing it pretty hard and it's been eol for 5 years at least.

12. micsway123

micsway123 Member

anyone else notices this? looks like the textures don't load properly in car

upload_2021-10-12_23-8-50.png

13. alch

alch Member

But. Is the music any good like FC5 Hope County Choir?

14. micsway123

micsway123 Member

haha yes actually, it’s one of the strong points, what’s not to love about a macarena gun?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  15. alch

alch Member

Havent actually heard the soundtrack. But I love the Hope County Choir.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  16. Trizae

Trizae Member

disable HD textures just a by product of ubisoft being ubisoft and not letting go of the console ghetto

17. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

There's a massive texture bug in the game. For some people it involves having HD textures with a GPU that doesn't have 12 (or 16, the specs aren't quite clear) gb of VRAM, because AMD sponsored FC6 and only the 3090 has enough. So if you have the HD texture pack on your 3080 then disable it.

For other people though it still happens with or without the HD pack. Some people think it happens because of DXR.

Guapo, your arms (I think if you're a male Dani because he has tattoos it's obvious), the car dashboard and the weapons are the most obvious places to see it.

There's a big thread on the ubisoft forums about it. No real solution yet.
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/top...-mapping-in-the-game-is-blurry/322?lang=en-US

As for 2077 running better.. not on my machine. 2077 was a piece of shit that needed DLSS to get near 100 FPS and that had a lot of low settings done as well. Plus it would tank performance due a memory leaks or glitches or something so that after an hour or two the performance would drop down into the 80s.

FC6 runs better and isn't as buggy or crashy. Haven't had a crash yet, only one mission glitched out vs a dozen that did that in 2077.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    micsway123 likes this.
  18. micsway123

micsway123 Member

was thinking that, comes and goes I find, I've even replicated the issue with HD off so the theory about being DRX related could have some legs, either way disappointing.

macktheknife likes this.
  19. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Great game. I played it 2012, 2014 and 2018. Always nice to see an old game get some new attention and be replayed :Paranoid:

micsway123 likes this.
  20. power

power Member

looks like more FC madness, gonna wait for some patches though, something i don't normally do with FC but well shit i'm playing other games atm.