Far Cry: New Dawn (2019)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Dec 7, 2018.

1. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Far Cry 4 was good except for the fact that it wasn't very original and tried too hard to replicate Far Cry 3.

Whats unfortunate is they have a coop mode that could potentially make up for their terrible decisions, but then they don't allow progression of the coop partner so there's no point.

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

One thing that sucked about fc5 for me was the fact there was bad dudes everywhere. You couldn't drive for 2 mins without being shot at. I mean sure some action is fun but it was over the top. And how did they so easily know from a distance you were the baddy.. And it became very immersion breaking to see the 100th person held hostage on side of road or wonder why he doesn't just fly off and get the fkn army to come help. Just needed to mix it up. Gunplay didn't feel as nice as 4. Story didn't make sense and didn't change depending on order you did it. And it didn't have the finesse of Fc4 for epic outpost take downs.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  3. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

Oh well i've bought and installed, $46 so not too concerned if it's not amazing but I'm sure I'll have some fun. At very least it will look purrrrty on my Rog 32" Monitor and 2080Ti maxxed :)

4. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Bought it yesterday, plugging through slowly, trying to go on foot most of the time instead of just fast travelling everywhere.

I like the changes. I've done a few outpost refreshes and cleared them out, the special expedition missions are a change of pace from the semi-stealth aspects of most outposts

5. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

Been playing this since last post. So far I like it as well. It looks beautiful, runs so well on ULTRA everything, story ok too.

I will play this during the day and metro exodus at night when it's dark :)

Fischbitz and im late like this.
  6. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

One thing I completely missed was being to upgrade your individual weapons as well. Even on the hardest difficulty I haven't really needed it but it's nice to have a big stockpile at the end of the game now I can upgrade each weapon about 10 times.

edit - apparently it unlocks after you fully upgrade the armoury at homebase so that's why I didn't notice.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  7. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Bought this lastnight, played 1 hour, refunded it... I really enjoyed 3/4 but I just couldn't get into this. It felt really buggy to me. I got really sick of the girl following me cos she kept blocking doors and places I was trying to hide. Reminded me of Half Life 2 all over again, except with less fun game play.

walker_2003 likes this.
  8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

9. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

MR CHILLED likes this.
  10. power

power Member

no it's a trash price, Blood Dragon was $20 on launch day at JB Hifi for a physical copy.

THAT is how they should have done this.

damo13579 likes this.
  11. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah it's not a bad price.

12. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Blood Dragon is half the size/length of New Dawn. It also stretches longer if you're a more completionist type.

You can get through Blood Dragon in an evening between coming home from work and going to bed but you wouldn't be able to do that for New Dawn.

COD Black Ops 4 is $60 for a 4 hour storyline. Recent Wolfenstein games are 6 to 12 hours and full price. Titanfall 1 was 12 hours and 2 was only 6.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  13. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Super Mario Bros. 3
    can be completed in 3 minutes but I'm pretty sure I sunk 100's of hours into it.

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Anyone like this that didn't like fc5?

I assume the annoyances of FC5 carried over.. Horrible AI & just too much of them around when moving between areas doing exact same thing and see you from 500m away?

15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

If you didn't like FC5 I wouldn't bother with this.

16. havabeer

havabeer Member

Sounds like a plan... what's the story in this one actually like?

17. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Stupid. I'm kinda of sick of the way they animate the bad guys now, always making them sway around in circles and such.

18. havabeer

havabeer Member

They got it right with vas, and have failed to get it right no matter how many times they try and copy him

19. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Vaas still my favourite. It worked with him. I feel they are just reskinning him.

20. power

power Member

Nah, they are all reskins of Dr Krieger.