Farcry 2- Awesome awesome 1st ever footage..must see!

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by sandeep, Sep 9, 2007.

1. sandeep

sandeep Member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  2. slappa_d_man

slappa_d_man Member

:( no more tropical island. thats wacked :mad:

3. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

nice :thumbup:

it actually looks pretty good

4. RoboBust

RoboBust Member

Oh, seriously it's a few threads down.

5. power

power Member

this has already been linked in the Far Cry 2 thread, but everyone siply must see it, it is streets ahead of the original Far Cry.

6. h0uSe

h0uSe Member

looks great, one thing i hope they put in is that the enemy AI actually has a set number of ammo, So they can run out.

7. Nobby

Nobby Member

This looks pretty sharp, I might have to keep an eye on it. Hopefully it doesn't distance itself from the original too much (ie his comments "Nothing like Far Cry, no Trigens, no mutants!" etc).

By that I mean, hopefully it retains its self aware sense of 'fun' and absurdity.

8. Texxx

Texxx Member

Looking good, love how you have to heal yourself. Hahah especially when he pulled out a bullet with his pliers.

9. stedyedy

stedyedy Member

i thought crysis was farcry 2. Doesn't crysis look the same as farcry 1 ? willl this game be like crysis dx10

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

A bit confusing given the scenery but no it isn't. All explained in the Crysis thread.

This video is definitely worth a look.

11. OzJustin

OzJustin Member

FarCry = Crytek developing, Ubisoft publishing
    Crysis = Crytek developing but no relation to FarCry bar the tropical setting
    FarCry2 = Small independant developer team with Ubisoft publishing (Ubisoft has the rights to FarCry, thus why Crytek created Crysis separately)

Additionally, FarCry2 is running off the Dunia Engine ie. an advanced version of CryEngine1. Hope that clears everything up.

Re the first gameplay video: The thing that appeals to me most with FarCry2 are the new ideas for gameplay. Having to physically heal yourself is a fresh take on the usual medkits; wind and fire effects if implemented correctly could really alter the dynamics of gameplay; the freedom of choosing what mission to do when; and the huge environments forcing the need for many vehicles for transport. 14 vehicles; 30 weapons etc does sound like there will be a good mix.

12. maxy0987

maxy0987 Member

omg, i looove the look of it already.

Love the idea of just torching a settlement with a flame thrower. Just surrounding the fuckers in there in a ring of fire!

13. ea_recoil

ea_recoil Member

Haha I thought the same thing until now

14. DavLe.BeRRy

DavLe.BeRRy Member

You obviously haven't read the story for Crysis. lol Crysis looks nothing like FarCry, Crytek would be cut if they heard you say that :p

I think we all thought Crysis was FarCry 2 at first, well simply because it was Crytek.

15. Kenetixx

Kenetixx (Banned or Deleted)

Dammit , cant watch it at work.

16. Warpy

Warpy Member

Same! Game content is filtered :(

17. Blah72

Blah72 Member

I've gotta say it looks pretty damn impressive for a pre alpha build. I just hope that it has enough different from Crysis so it stands out. Since it looks so similar other than the environment it could end up being a worse or better version of Crysis depending on how Crysis actually turns out. AFAIK Crysis doesn't have a flame thrower so i think FarCry2 already has some good points :p

18. Reaper

Reaper Member

I hope they have more healing things like applying bandages and sitching, as not every enemy will shoot you in the hand with a 9mm that you could just pull out with some pliers. :lol: The stuff you were getting shot with would be going right through you.

So here's hoping they get it more right if they insist on the "realistic" route. Otherwise they may as well put in magic healing potions if all you have to do is pull out 7.62mm slugs with a pair of pliers, that and magic potions are just as believable as each other. :lol:

But on the whole it is looking interesting enough, and I hated the first far cry.

19. Shimmy

Shimmy Member

What are you talking about, they look practically identicle. If you showed me screenshots from each I probably wouldnt be able to tell you which ones which.

20. ACodingFettish

ACodingFettish Member

did you not have sound turned on? 'ok we've seen that animation twice now, this is pre-alpha obviously there will be tons of different ones' or somethin along those lines...

Though I do see your point - he was talking about realism, but hte whole demo that dude was taking on a shitload of people without taking many hits / sustaining much damage.

I hope they are talking about being slightly more realistic - vietcong style, not boring style.