FEP insulated wire - small qty's ?

Discussion in 'Electronics & Electrics' started by Cererus, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Cererus

Cererus Member

Hi everybody,

I'm rebuilding my motorbike engine and specifically need FEP or Teflon insulated wire for the reluctor style ignition pickups which live inside the engine and are exposed to oil up to 150 deg C

I only need about 2m each of 4 different colours in 18~20 gauge and some oil / heat proof heat shrink, I've got RS and E14 accounts through work and can get the heatshrink but don't need 4 x 50m rolls at high cost.

There are Chinese Ebay stores that will sell by the meter but the delivery time is crap.

Anyone recommend Australian sellers who will sell this sort of wire by the meter and any general reliable sellers of sealed auto style connectors like metripack etc. ?

2. Professor Chaos

Professor Chaos Member

What if you get a single roll of one colour then use different colour heatshrink at the ends ?
    Still an expensive way to go but trying to find what your after might not be so easy.
    Otherwise I'd try digikey or mouser.

3. theSeekerr

theSeekerr Member

There really aren't any local sources for PTFE or FEP by the metre.

Buying whole rolls or ordering from China are the only realistic options. The AliExpress store "Ryan's Electric Wire Store" is well regarded amongst hobbyist 3D printer builders for FEP.

kbekus likes this.
  4. mtma

mtma Member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  5. OP
    OP
    Cererus

Cererus Member

I would like to thank all for your help, I've ordered thru Gabko.

6. OP
    OP
    Cererus

Cererus Member

FWIW, Gabco took a bit over a week to deliver, so worthwhile if anyone need this sort of wire in small qty's