Fettucini with Greek chicken sauce (now with pics!)

Discussion in 'Geek Recipes' started by FE2_Chook, Jan 7, 2011.

1. FE2_Chook

FE2_Chook Member

Hi everyone, first post in this section, long time lurker :D

Unfortunately pics for this one will have to wait (camera issues) but I'll pop up the recipe so people can give it a try.

First up a list of ingredients, this dish is relatively simple anyway

600 grams of chicken breast
    1 whole onion, diced
    1 tablespoon of minced garlic
    2 teaspoons of lemon juice
    100 grams of tomato paste (I've been using 2 sachets of leggos stuff, from a 4 pack off the shelf)
    1 tin of diced tomatoes (or dice your own if you wanna be fresh)
    4 cups of chicken stock (4 cups water, 2 teaspoons stock from memory)
    1 Cinnamon stick
    2 teaspoons mixed herbs
    and 2 teaspoons of parsley, (fresh or dry, i use dry for convenience)

Now for the method:
    1. Cut up chicken breast in to reasonable cube-ish peices and cook it up in a pan, you'll need a reasonably large pan for this due to all the liquid being added later in the recipe. this is the size i cut it in to, reasonable chunks.

Click to view full size!

2. Remove the chicken from the pan once cooked, preferably not browned, just cooked white. here's some assembled ingredients to go with it.

Click to view full size!

3. add the diced onion and fry it up with a bit of oil, once cooked, add the garlic in for a minute or so and mix it all up, something like this

Click to view full size!

4. Next start adding all the other ingredients, I find it easiest to do this in pan but other may want to do it in a bowl, they are the stock, diced tomatoes, tomato paste and lemon juice. Add in the herbs and give it all a good mix, once mixed, add the cinnamon stick, this doesn't do massive amounts for the flavour but it makes it smell incredible

Click to view full size!

6. Let this simmer covered for 20 minutes and then add the chicken back in to the sauce, Unfortunately i don't really have a time frame for this bit, usually about half an hour and the sauce has thickened and the chicken taken on some flavour, it should look at lot like this

Click to view full size!

Remove the cinnamon stick and now were all done :D Serve it up with your preference of pasta, i just prefer fettucini hence the title. This is how my finished sauce usually looks

Click to view full size!

Unfortunately I have no pretty plated version as i'd had a few too many, will pop one up in the near future, hope the pics are big enough. Enjoy :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Sounds good. Looking forward to pics. :)

3. OP
    OP
    FE2_Chook

FE2_Chook Member

Pics incoming within the next hour/next day, as i'm not entirely sober, but i've taken pics and it smells absolutely delicious :)

4. OP
    OP
    FE2_Chook

FE2_Chook Member

Fianlly updated with pics today, sorry for the delay!

5. matthew-r88

matthew-r88 Member

looks good mate, might give this a go instead of my once a week spag boll :lol:

6. OP
    OP
    FE2_Chook

FE2_Chook Member

Cheers :D It's simple enough to make, the only pain in the ass for me is we have 1 hotplate that works on our stove so cooking pasta and the sauce have to be seperate :sick:

I personally think for what it is it's fantastic! would anyone agree this is reasonably cheap? most expensive thing is the chook after all. so i'm fairly sure even then it's less than $15 even if you need to buy everything, not too sure, will have to check next time i make it :p