1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA 10

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by kizzav, Aug 19, 2009.

1. OP
    OP
    kizzav

kizzav Member

2. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Thanks Kizzav

In response to your update as well....from Wiki:

And confirmation from EA Sports:

http://www.eagames.co.uk/news/read/ea-sports-reveals-release-date-for-fifa-10/

3. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Full match Barca v Chelsea ('10 demo on PS3). I like the improvements in ball physics and player animations :)

..10 days 'til demo

4. TXN

TXN Member

I've been convinced
    I've decided that I will get Fifa 10, sooner or later.
    Can't wait for the demo :D

5. HellsAngel

HellsAngel Member

I pre-Ordered it from Game and got a copy of Fifa Street 3 free.

Will wait for the game to come out here and then get them to price match with Target, KMART or JB-Hifi for around $79 like when 09 came out :p

6. OP
    OP
    kizzav

kizzav Member

After watching that video, I'm a little concerned at how they were controlling the ball.

It looked like they were controlling the ball while sprinting. It didn't look very '360 degreeish'.

All in all, it looks pretty good.

I'm hoping the demo will have online play. It'll make the demo a perfect time filler during the lead up to the full release.

7. SSJX

SSJX Member

which store was that, or all stores should have the same deal? (fifa street 3)

8. FFC

FFC Member

You can see with one of the runs with Messi how he changes direction ever so slightly to angle in on goal as opposed to heading for the opposite corner flag like you'd have to. Looks the goods!

9. HellsAngel

HellsAngel Member

All stores should have it, was Game in Parra.

I saw it on their website walked into the store and pre-ordered Fifa10 they handed me a sealed copy of Fifa Street 3 with $99.99 price on it :p

10. Gristy

Gristy Member

will they price match other shops at release?

11. HellsAngel

HellsAngel Member

They should otherwise just cancel the pre-order.

On the receipt they gave me it says price subject to change upon release :confused:

12. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

I think I remember reading on David Rutter's tweeter that you only get 360 degree movement when jogging with the ball (so when sprinting direction is a bit more limited). I think his reasoning was to make it more realistic as a sprinting player wouldnt have full 360 movement IRL

But...we'll just have to see how it plays out when the demo gets released

13. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

ive been a pes fan for so long now, i cant remember the last fifa game i played.

i'll wait till the pes demo is out before i make any decisions

14. andymate

andymate Member

Hope they have fixed up shooting. Fifa 09's shooting was terrible. I felt like all my players had the shot power of about a 10 year old.

15. Croc

Croc Member

so was many other people me including but konami gave major arse with pes2008 and 2009 and fifa series with 09 release was finally miles ahead of pes series.

16. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

You may laugh at this, but my favorite FIFA of recent years is FIFA 08. I cranked it up again last night for a few games and I am still impressed with it's gameplay. For me, it seems to hit that right balance in game speed and flow

As much as I liked FIFA 09, I just think there were certain aspects they screwed up such as the crossing (I know I know...maybe I just suck at it in '09...but for some reason I never had the same issues in 08)...and the general feel. It just seemed alot more 'arcadey' than 08

Im hoping that (for me) '10 brings back that classic feel of 08...but I'll settle for something in between :)

17. Nhutty

Nhutty Member

i'll be buying both as i usually do every year.

last year i played fifa09 to death whilst PES09 collected dust. When i finally give PES09 a chance again i couldn't go back to Fifa09 again.

Heres hoping that PES returns to form

18. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

once pes10 is released i'l add you on PSN again, we can get some online matches going if its better than last yr

19. Nhutty

Nhutty Member

thats if the online isn't broken haha.

either way add me cause i will be getting fifa10 as well and online play will definitely work for that

20. Killer Bee

Killer Bee Member

my god I hated 08, the press the button and about 2 seconds later it actually happens on screen, then worse, when they are receiving a pass they don't meet the goddamn ball!! just stand their like stone statues while the defending players runs in front and intercepts! This is under 12's stuff.
    the other things i could live with, but the not meeting the ball is a controller smasher in terms of aggravation.