1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA 10

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by kizzav, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Gr00my

Gr00my Member

I had a quick play around with shooting in the arena and if i doubletapped shoot from outside the 18yard it would keep it down but they werent super rockets unfortunately.

2. andymate

andymate Member

Fifas shooting is the only thing really letting it down imo. Pes on the other hand has always had a cool shooting mechanism. Ill get both this year and trade in fifa09 i think.

3. Moose13

Moose13 Member

You definitely buying this one then eh Groomy??? :thumbup:

4. Gr00my

Gr00my Member

Deffinitely, i would have liked to see a be-a-pro match option in the demo but from what i played it seemed to play nicely.

5. FFC

FFC Member

Played my mate a few times last night. Amazing game. Much more fluid. Ball characteristics are 100x better than 09.

Crosses and corners are far more realistic, putting spin on them (or for crosses using the finese button) means the ball dips, then drops well for well timed volley shots (missed a couple with Henry last night that would have been absolute screamers had I been more used to the controlls). You can fire in nasty crosses where with 09 they were pretty laboured and slow - players would have to wait for the ball to come in allowing defenders to get in place...now the players arrive when the ball arrives making them far more potent.

360 deg movement is great, will take a bit of getting used...was putting in some very heavy touches and sending the ball out when close to the sideline.

Couldn't quite get a decent grasp on the shooting (first half of bar is power, second is height - apparently). I could pull off low driven shots galore, but going for a top corner or anywhere near the bar is quite difficult...my mate had a few crackers that came off the top corner woodwork though so he wasn't having issues with it. Finese shots with RB can get pretty amazing, some crazy curve on them.

3min halves doesn't give you a great deal of time to get settled into a rythym or hold possession for a great deal of time (not vs a mate anyway, pretty hectic pace being played between us).

Playing as Barcelona (my team), it was actually like watching them play IRL. Some of the same runs were being made when around the box, it was really quite insane to see it unfold. Messi is finally a weapon (in 09 he was just fast, really), will be interesting to see how Ronaldo plays given how Messi is controlled.

Can't wait for the final game.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Here are my thoughts after playing the demo extensively. Im hoping alot of the things I mention in the cons are fixed for the full release. Without further ado:

Pros:

- The 360 dribbling. It is simply awesome, it is everything I hoped for in movement & passing control and adds immensely to the series

- Fluidity. The game flows brilliantly, which is partly due to the brilliant 360 movement...but the off-the-ball players definitely seem to run to better positions before receiving passes etc

- Crossing and long balls. Another big thumbs up on my side, I can now cross from the damn sidelines like I could i '08, happy camper here :)

Cons:

- Framerate issues in the arena and during replays etc - Not sure if this is specific to just the x360 version, but I found it quite noticeable

- Camera angles for goal kicks, corners and free kicks. Maybe it is just me, but the players just seem condensed on screen and I cant seem to judge the length correctly. This problem was around in '09 to a certain extent, but just seems alot more exaggerated in '10

- The ref sometimes blows his whistle on throw-ins and corners. A bit of a glitch, it didnt happen every time but I did notice it a few times. RL refs wouldnt whistle on these at all

Im not overly concerned with the cons, because I remember the 07 and 08 demos being inferior to the final version, and Im sure they will be rectified.

Apart from a few little niggles it is looking good :thumbup:

7. OP
    OP
    kizzav

kizzav Member

Scoring outside the 18 yard box is still possible, you just have to get a good first touch & pin point power & accuracy, other wise the keeper gets a glove on it.

I'd have to say that the game is that fluent, if someone walked in & didn't notice you were playing a game, they'd think your watching a game on TV.

I like how the crosses have turned out in 10 compared to 09. Not to mention the crazy curl you can put on the crosses too.

I haven't had any frame rate issues.

I don't like how the camera angles on free kicks, corners & goal kicks have gone back to the 08 angle. Every one looks like they are way closer to the goal & you can't really tell how far away they actually are by looking at the physical height of the player (looking at an object further in the distance than another object, makes the furthest look smaller, 10 doesn't seem to do that).

8. beersandwich

beersandwich Member

at first there doesnt seem like much difference

but the ball physics and flow of the game is so much better.

also when you side foot the ball it actually curves properly

shooting im not sure how there is a 2 stage shooting system but i do know that if u want to keep the shot down u can hold l2 and square and it drives it.

skilled dribbling is awesome.

obviously there are some glitches and problems with a demo ppl.

9. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

More importantly, how is the soundtrack? :leet:

Every single FIFA title has had awesome soundtracks. My fave is still FIFA06 (and our title of choice for muck around tourneys).

Even my FIFA 08 on NDS has a kick ass sound track :lol:

10. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

The demo only has a few tracks in it, but you can sample the whole soundtrack here. I remember reading somewhere that it has already won some awards, so you wont be disappointed this time around either :)

11. Fishmaster

Fishmaster Member

Finished the DL overnight so gave it a quick blast this morning. Enjoying the 360 controls but they don't seem to kick in enough when sprinting, it takes even longer to turn then it did in 09 and even then it was far from realistic.

Shooting on the other hand is much nicer, it actually requires a bit of skill now for it rather then taping shoot and holding the analogue stick as far left or right as possible and it would be curved in you now need to aim somewhat.

Fluidity is fantastic now with the free kicks, especially how they don't have to move the ball back to where the penalty happened, though I did notice a higher increase in penalties being given for what was considered a normal tackle in 09.

Corners and free kicks, have to agree with others that its rather hard to judge distances now with the different camera angle, I'm sure I'll get used to it but the 09 one I found to be just right. Also the curve from when taking corners is a bit ridiculous but the way the ball drops now rather then just float is a nice change.

Overall i'm enjoying it, its fixed alot of things I hated about 09 especially with movement and passing.

12. noob2006

noob2006 Member

I dont like this change, for the reason you gave above, 09 was perfect for corner camera angle. What do you guys think? Also do you think that's how it will be in the final release?

13. OP
    OP
    kizzav

kizzav Member

My personal opinion, the demo came out on the 10th, release date is the 1st (Oct), I highly doubt anything will change between now & then. Too short of a time period to fiddle with shit & then also send it of to be processed (copied).

14. HellsAngel

HellsAngel Member

Sucks how long it takes to download from PS3 store :weirdo:

15. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Its been confirmed by EA insiders the demo is 3 builds behind the final version. (The build date of the demo is never, ever the date we get to see it). I havent got a link to this, but browsing the EA forums will get u the info.

Alot of little glitches and bugs will be fixed for the final, but nothing major gameplay wise..it is always the way of every fifa, thats why you should take the lows of the demo with a grain of salt.

16. TXN

TXN Member

Sucks how long it takes to download the demo at all :(

17. noob2006

noob2006 Member

played a few games of it, and noticed that when you sprint with the ball. The ball doesn't stay dead straight, which is more realistic it but means you cant run along the line no more.

18. Logistics

Logistics Member

That's how it was designed. The more you sprint with the ball, the further it goes away from you and less control. :thumbup:

19. nugget28

nugget28 Member

The more i play this the more it feels like a totally different and much more enjoyable game compare to fifa 09. The players seem to actually move around a bit and get open and in good position for passes.

20. Gr00my

Gr00my Member

Ive noticed the same thing, had a quite a few games this arvo and really started to notice the difference (for the better :D). Cant wait for release, and to get my Pro training :p