1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA 10

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by kizzav, Aug 19, 2009.

1. FFC

FFC Member

Just having possession of the ball and stringing passes together seems to put teams under massive amounts of pressure and makes it relatively easy to score - even if you're not camped on their 18yd box the entire time. Was struggling to beat Juve previously, now I can completely dominate them from start to finish!

2. nugget28

nugget28 Member

You guys gotta remember though starts have been tweaked to make the demo more "fun"

3. Gr00my

Gr00my Member

haha nah i had my fair share of penalties when i was first getting used to the game, now i just restart straight away at end of 90mins

4. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Does anyone find the 'celebration timeout' to be really short in the '10 demo (ie Just after scoring, unless you start your celebration move straight away, it times out to the normal cutscene) . I'm thinking this has something to do with the celebration being tied into the commentary now..so you have to time it just right as the commentary code needs to decide which 'path' to take

Also the players tend to run directly into the net which makes it hard to do the whole celebration in the first place

Hopefully they fix these bugs for the full version

5. Gr00my

Gr00my Member

I made the mistake of playing Fifa 09 on PC and missed half the new features, the demo was the first time ive seen this custom celebration feature and i think its awesome!

6. noob2006

noob2006 Member

shooting from free kicks have changed. How do you do a driven shot to the top left/right corner of the goal? Also how do you time the jump of the wall, when do you press the button?

7. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

I noticed those changes as well. In '09 I used to do a driven shot using the LB button to the top corners, but in '10 that button now generates a shot at ground level.

Checking the control settings indicates the button hasn't changed...so my thoughts are in how the shoot button is pressed. Try using more power on the shot to see if you can get some height, theres one little thing I noticed from a preview which I posted a while back. I'm yet to work out this mechanic in-game...but it might be related:

Also, not sure about the wall jump either.....i'll get back to you.

Theres also a chance there'll be control tweaks between the demo and full version

8. Gr00my

Gr00my Member

yeah im still confused about that shooting power up comment. I have played around with it a bit but still cant seem to get a driven low shot.

9. noob2006

noob2006 Member

That would be great if you could, as I could never time the wall jumping even in 09.

10. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

I just gave it another hit, and it looks like wall jumping is the same as it was in '09, except the button has been changed from X to Y, because '10 has wall charge on the X button now (new move for '10)

You just have to time the wall jump to just after the opposition kicks the ball....practice :)

11. freelancer

freelancer Member

Not sure whether to be trading in fifa 08 and 09 for '10

mmmmmmm

12. Croc

Croc Member

if i didn't get anything mixed up they changed release day to thursday instead of friday

13. HellsAngel

HellsAngel Member

Yeah its coming out Thursday

14. FFC

FFC Member

Anyone seen any good deals for it?

15. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Looks as though JB Hifi will be selling it for $89 from Friday

I guess if you want to get it cheaper this close to release, you'd have to buy online

-- Edit --

CDwow have the x360 version for 39.99 gbp with free delivery (works out to be around $74aud). I'll pay the $15 or so extra to get it straight away :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  16. HellsAngel

HellsAngel Member

I have checked all shops cheapest was I found it was $86

17. FFC

FFC Member

Where was that?

I checked JB, Game, EB, Big W online and they were all around $89-100.

Definitely want it in my hands thursday arvo, so online isn't an option :p

18. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

You're worries about saving $3 ? :p

Just get it from JB, it'll be $89 on Thursday as well I'd say...they normally sell right on release day

19. Gr00my

Gr00my Member

Some people have already got it, there are multiple stores around Aust that broke Street Date. Unfortunately EA have already found out about it and called all the companies saying the embargo still stands.... So jealous of those lucky few!

20. tomas64

tomas64 Member

Was one of the lucky 1's to snag a copy yesterday :D.

Still adjusting from 09, shooting is a lot different.