FIFA 10

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by kizzav, Aug 19, 2009.

1. FFC

FFC Member

God damn, I wasn't at work yesterday. Should have gone and checked around places! :(

2. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

How does it compare to the '10 demo ?

I thought there were a few framerate issues in the arena/cutscenes, and do the players still run directly into the net after scoring ?

Im hoping they fixed these issues in the final build

3. OP
    OP
    kizzav

kizzav Member

While my mum is out shopping, she just bought 2 copies of FIFA 10.

Now, I've got to wait for her to get home & get it in my hot little hands.

4. GreasyBear

GreasyBear Member

Cheapest is $84.95.

5. tomas64

tomas64 Member

Didn't play the demo so can't comment on any differences. No real framerate issues from what I can tell, at the start of games the players blur/ghost for about a second but thats about it.

The players don't run into the net, and your free to do celebrate with a robot where you like :lol:

6. FFC

FFC Member

JB have it as "OUT NOW" on their website. God damn.

7. The Wiz

The Wiz Member

Where at? Cheapest I have found is $88 at Big W. Apparently it's $86 at KMart but can't find a catalogue or anything.

It is out today btw, GAME, EB, JB are all selling it. I've got my copied reserved at EB to pick up after work with a price match to $88, unless I can find where it is $84.95.

8. GreasyBear

GreasyBear Member

84.95 was through an employee of a major electronics retailer, I don't know if they can advertise it at that price to the public though, but it's only a $1 or whatevers difference to what the other retailers are posting.

9. OP
    OP
    kizzav

kizzav Member

Now that I have the game (currently installing on to the 360 HDD), I'll have a play & post back here my thoughts.

10. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Picked my preorder up from game but my nephew has hijacked my ps3 and is playing the clone wars demo so i havent played it yet :(

11. HellsAngel

HellsAngel Member

Yeah its $86 at Kmart

12. presha

presha Member

Got it at JB in on elizabeth st, some really nice subtle improvements over 09.

13. di_entropy

di_entropy Member

been playing it a fair bit since i picked up the game from jb this afternoon

the new corner/goalkick camera sucks ass... dunno how to change it yet but it makes it alot harder to judge where you are putting the ball

on the other hand, crosses during play are alot more deadly and less likely to end up in the goalies hands (seems to punch alot more now)

scoring is harder.. seem to be putting alot of shots wide or straight into the goalie when you would expect them to slot in nicely.. need to be more precise

360 dribbling is cool.. but it seems pretty hard to get around defenders

overall the game feels alot more realistic but a little more frustrating than fifa09 for now

14. Croc

Croc Member

we don't get one live season for free this year?
    also how the hell do we download santiago bernabeu?

15. weststigerman

weststigerman New Member

Hi guys,

Just a quick question for those who have fifa 10. Can you edit player's ratings in the game and change player's abilities?

Thanks.

16. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

hows Fifa online this year?

17. kaotickelly

kaotickelly Member

Is it just me, or player recovery time after losing a ball to a opponent is really slow? It's almost as if he was doing it in slowmo... :(

18. skeeo

skeeo Member

laggy as all f.

19. OP
    OP
    kizzav

kizzav Member

I played FIFA 10 a little on & off last night.

First things first, the full game is very different to the demo ("obviously", some of you may say).

The ball control is a lot different in the full game compared to the demo. You don't keep running the ball out all the time, unlike the demo.

Shooting & passing is the same as the demo.

Some of the other big additions to the game are Live Season 2.0, Game Face, Custom Set Pieces.

I've only fiddled with the set pieces. It's very basic, but gets the job done.

Eg: You're taking a corner & your players are in the box. You can select those players & move them to where you want them in the box & then record their run towards goal. Once a path has been recorded, you can add another path to another player, or playback the paths already recorded to see how the players all work together. Once your finished, you can apply that set piece to a designated button on the D-Pad.

I currently have a bad record online (3 or 4 losses, no wins) which is very frustrating. One gripe I have when you play online is that the name of the person your playing against (above the players head) is in Arial 16pt bold. I found it big & annoying, unlike FIFA 09, where it was transparent or something.

I'll have to have more of a play & fiddle.

At least in FIFA 10, there's a ping bar in the top right of the screen.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  20. nugget28

nugget28 Member

The load times are just as fast as the demo which is nice. Had a game of online no lag at all which was also good.

I Peronsally dont notice to much difference between the demo tbh, but thats not necessarily a bad thing.