1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA 15

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Audi-Tone, Sep 15, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    Audi-Tone

Audi-Tone Member

Ea scripting is definitely there... Also the case with the handicapping...
    I'm holding div 9 now (or it could've changed itself to div 8). I can't remember.

Also bought de gea.

2. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

anyone else bored with FUT? no point playing when everytime i'm paired up against someone who has a top team with 100 chem.

just going to spend all my xp so i can open 20 FUT packs and get the achievement for it.

then just stick to seasons .

3. OP
    OP
    Audi-Tone

Audi-Tone Member

In not that bored with it.
    I do have a decent bpl team but It's no walk in the park for me to win.
    I have to practice my skill moves tbh

4. BalkanWarrior

BalkanWarrior Member

I've dabbled with FUT in the past but never actually gave it a serious go. Trying to this year and it's and endless pit of frustration. I get paired with people who have the most ridiculous teams in Div 10 and there is not a lot I can do about it.

I've gone through about 3 keepers, they constantly do the most amazingly stupid crap ever. Last one decided to run out and clear the ball as the opposition striker was chasing it down, he runs up to it however instead of actually kicking or touching the ball in any way he runs OVER IT and the striker just collects the tap in.

Obviously the dude I was playing had to celebrate it by running through as much of the pitch as possible and then proceed to watch all the replays.

Without spending God knows how many hours offline or paying a bunch of my real money for fake money to buy digital cards I don't know how I'm supposed to play this mode.

5. snoop_wog

snoop_wog Member

I feel for you mate... Keepers are bunch of window lickers in this game. Incredible the amount of stupid crap the keepers do. I have had my keeper run out to collect the ball that is dribbling into the box, no pressure at all, then all of a sudden stops and stares at the ball, takes a couple of steps back, lets the attacker get closer in the mean time, then decides he should jump on it... TO BLOODY LATE! Opposition get a simple tap in.

If you want to get ahead in FUT you do need to spend a little bit of real money it make a hell of a difference. $10 and you can put together a tidy little team that should get you through the first few Divs. In saying that you can do it without spending real money its just a long process.

6. BalkanWarrior

BalkanWarrior Member

Fair point. I'll see what happens and if the game doesn't get any better I'll just end up going back to career mode.

Further to the topic on keepers, it feels like it's too easy to score goals from crazy distance. When I play seasons with Chelsea any player that's not a defender or Matic can have a dig and hit the cross bar or score. I'll bag one from 40+ yards every 3 - 5 games, and I'll cop them as well depending on who I am playing and their style.

7. OP
    OP
    Audi-Tone

Audi-Tone Member

Yep. Ut is bullocks.
    My keeper has done this twice now. Running to the get the ball, no real pressure, dives over it and boom. He's not terrible either - it's Hugo lloris. (One of the top 3 keepers I think)

Was up 2 nil last night and the stupid keeper gave 2 away and he got another goal. Relegated...

8. Scandrew

Scandrew Member

What's a better technique for defending in FIFA15 (compared to FIFA14) would you say?

They've obviously made a significant change to the attacking play which has made it a fair bit harder to defend now. I would say I was a decent defender in 14 but I seem to be struggling a bit in 15, especially against the Messi's/Ronaldo's/etc. i.e a good pacey dribbler can more easily kill me off when I'm trying to contain.

Spent most my time in Div8 and only just recently managed to get promoted to Div7 in Seasons. Fifa14 I spent most my time Div5-7

9. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

i've also had trouble with defending - a few times straight after i've scored, people will just run with it after kickoff with one player, run through my whole defense and score asap. :(

i guess the best way to defend would be to just contain with your player, not tackle and hopefully someone makes a mistake....

otherwise just slide everywhere :p

10. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Apparently the new update fixes the defending and brings it back more in line to how it was in '14

I havent updated yet to confirm, but good news if true. It was completely busted in '15

11. OP
    OP
    Audi-Tone

Audi-Tone Member

That is good news. Went to play last night but xbox needed a 2gb update...
    Every second day xbox puts an update out. It's ridiculous!

12. TheImp

TheImp Member

I haven't updated my PS4 version, but after updating the PC version I couldn't load the game. I got an error about not being able to activate it, and apparently I wasn't alone.

13. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

The update came through last night on my PS4 and disconnected me...whilst I was up 4-2 at 70min on seasons...

had i won, i'd have been promoted.

thanks EA :rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. eddiemess

eddiemess Member

Must've been why I got disconnected in UT as well! Was 2-0 up going for Div 3 promotion.

15. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

might be just me being a noob at defending, but has it gotten worse now?

attacking runs zig zaging through are even easier than before.......

miss your tackle and you are in big trouble

16. eddiemess

eddiemess Member

I don't even feel like it's changed? I only play UT so unless it's changed elsewhere?

17. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

my feeling is that attackers, once again, can zig zag through the defense.

If your defender runs in for a tackle and miss, they are glued to the ground and it takes forever for them to recover. by then, the attacker is so far away, you need to either quickly change to another player or use the CPU to contain, which opens up even more space.

so i think the biggest change is reaction time for both attackers, and defenders.

defenders have decreased. attackers increased.

FWIW, i'm only playing seasons online.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  18. llTheGoose

llTheGoose Member

Hey all, new forum member here, been playing FIFA for the past couple of years, mostly with mates, on xbox. Everton fan (No hate from Yerolo, pls :p ), and actually have built a Full EFC team with IF Eto'o, Baines & Jagielka.

Often shit the bed when i play online seasons, only Div 8 atm, but don't care as i seem to just relax when i play.

19. OP
    OP
    Audi-Tone

Audi-Tone Member

Seasons has the potential to make you rage. Lol
    I'm in div6 and coming up against mental teams.
    Neymar, messi, robben, Reus, ect.. Ridiculous

20. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

UT seasons? this is why I stay away, and only play Seasons normal mode.

vs Club/ National teams is more fun than playing custom made teams