Fileserver Woes

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by Ravennoir, Dec 13, 2018.

1. GTiRolla

GTiRolla Member

It would depend on the SoW sold with the kit. Some people will buy the kit and not the configuration services past bringing it online, then bitch about shit not working. (not saying this the case but have seen it several times).

I highly doubt this is worth logging a ticket with EMC without looking into the permissions aspects first. I'm assuming you've got a half competent sys admin that shod be able to look at it with some powershell scripts especially if you able to replicate the issue on demand?

2. OP
    OP
    Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

Unfortunate we cant replicate it on demand, it happens randomly (as far as I can tell)

Looking at the permissions on the folders, they appear fine. We also have a very convoluted folder\permissions system, due to the file structure being moved to the NAS when the company split from the original company.

Ideally, what I would like to do is start with a move simplified folder structure and permissions, but thats not my call right now as it would be a massive undertakening

Currently, Permissions are assigned to the folder with one group, and then the users are in a group that is nested in that group in AD

The permissions arent handled by the CIFs, those have general "Authenticated Users", the subfolders lower down have the AD groups granting permissions