1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XIV Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by MYSRH, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

Many people playing in Australian timezones (who speak English)?

2. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Oh dear god why does this game insist on being such a fucking time/cash sync.

I can't find what I want in one helpful location, I have to travel the freaking world to find ash lumber as the main tradecraft supplier doesn't stock it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  3. hoiquai

hoiquai Member

Support the poor local gatherer, buy from the AH .. need the gil :p

4. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

I would of if they weren't in 1000g batches :(

5. sirelliottm

sirelliottm Member

I have just downloaded the beta client on PS4 but it wont recognize my pc account and i cant create a beta account with out using a new user/email..:thumbdn:

6. BigRich84

BigRich84 Member

Got this on Sunday

Hey All,

Picked this up on sunday. Lv13 Glad tank on Tonberry named Lazer Blade.

A nice change from swtor so far.

Is there an FC going? I saw a Whirlpool one advertised in the world forums.

Any advice for a noob? seems abit more complicated than swtor.

Cheers:)

7. hoiquai

hoiquai Member

Don't rush.. enjoy the story.
    The pace of the game is a bit more relaxed compared to swtor.

You really shouldn't need to grind if you do all the subquests but if you need you can do a Fate or Leve quest.
    -Fate's gives you grand company marks.
    -Leve's gives you gil and the odd treasure chest(good for getting pink equipment).

Good idea to attune to the crystal at each town/village you visit that have them. Then you can teleport around, saves time but costs gil.

8. BigRich84

BigRich84 Member

Thanks for the advice:)

Definitely not planning to rush the story...well maybe to get a mount lol.

Been using chocobo porters to get around cause im cheap:)

Level 21 now,did the Ifrit mission last night - cut scene and fight was great!

9. Slidey

Slidey Member

anyone still playing this? just resubbed for 30 days. Seems to be a fair bit more content since release

10. orbisfactor

orbisfactor Member

pretty much the only game i've played for the last 2 months, one might say i'm addicted. they've been adding new content, and theres still more to come :D

11. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yep I'm playing and enjoying it. Excited to see that they are addinf in New classes but I think they need to do something other than add ANOTHER primal difficulty boost.

This is the most enjoyable mmo I've played since wow.

12. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

still playing and enjoying FF14. I've stopped being lazy with my White Mage lately and finally gotten my relic weapon. Shame it's ugly :(

I also unlocked Leviathan last night and was looking forward to doing it but I think I was queued at a bad time as I waited 20mins and the queue didn't pop even when I selected to queue with everyone not just english

One thing I am finding a little frustrating about the game was that I was forced to roll on a JP server for lag reasons and the amount of Japanese playing in dungeons far exceeds the english and they NEVER seem to use the auto translate feature which is really annoying >_<

I had one talking at me in jap and emoting at me... I had no idea what he wanted, whereas if he just used the auto translate to say something like buff please or protect I'd have known what he was after.

Also keen to see the Rogue and Ninja class in 2.4! :D

13. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Anyone still playing? picked up the game through the steam sales the other day and have been enjoying it. Will get around to making a character on tonberry tomorrow.

14. orbisfactor

orbisfactor Member

still playing it.....

15. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Still playing and loving it. I've been on tonberry ever since the free transfer happened. You need to create your toon in the morning on Tonberry due to stupid creation restrictions. If you try at night most of the Japanese realms are locked. I have 2 characters on Tonberry and it still won't allow me to create another unless I do it early. It's annoying

My best tip, with duty finder make sure you pick ALL languages. If you stick to English only you'll be queued for hours with no luck. If you also select to queue with Japanese it'll be much faster. Yes they talk in JP which is annoying if you don't understand but it makes queues much faster

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  16. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Yep, did it early morning. Running around on tonberry now with a mrd. Going to be interesting as it seems tanking with a mrd is a bit more involved than most other games.

17. hoiquai

hoiquai Member

Overpower->overpower->overpower->overpower->overpower-> take deep breath to let tp recover. :p:D:lol:

In all seriousness, you have to manage your damage mitigation buffs as you do not carry a shield and if you have a thaumaturge in your party with AOE sleep keep away from the overpower button =)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  18. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

If only haha, ran sastasha with a JP lot just before. Was trying to get them to take a quick break but they just kept on charging ahead. Used auto translate but they didn't seem to notice. Keeping aggro on low/no TP was fun, managed to survive though, tomahawk seems to be key.

I've made a thm in the mean time, will get back to playing mrd when I have a better handle on the dungeons.

19. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

The Japanese in dungeons can be shockers. They never seem to use auto translate and they don't seem to listen either. When my bro tanks he clearly marks the mob order. English players hit 1 first, Japanese go off and smash whatever they feel like lol

Super excited as my copies of Before Meteor and A Realm Reborn arrived this week (the Soundtracks for FF14 and FF14 ARR). I don't love the fact that they are on Blu-ray (they have to be due to the amount of tracks each has) but it was a very thoughtful inclusion on Square's part to include MP3 copies of all the tracks. I havn't listened Before Meteor much but I did have a little listen to the capital city themes and they are very different in the original game. I much prefer the new version of the city music.

My biggest complaint about both Before Meteor and A Realm reborn is that for some reason my Nero blu-ray playing software will not play the discs. My PC reads em fine but Nero spazzes out and just crashes. A crappy free blu-ray playing software I found on the internet however has no issues playing them so I dunno what it is about Nero that dosn't like then :thumbdn:

Also speaking of soundtracks the "Good king Moggle Mog XII" song sounds like it was taken straight out of the Nightmare Before Xmas. The very first song (no idea what it's called) is identical to that song. The only difference is the lyrics. It's a cool song but a strange movie to take inspiration from for a FF game

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  20. hoiquai

hoiquai Member

You might have been caught up in a level 50 speed run. High levels run low level dungeons to get token to exchange for rewards. The faster it is run the quicker they can queue up to get more tokens. :Paranoid:

Especially since its random and Satasha is a really low level dungeon :p

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014