1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XIV Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by MYSRH, Jun 9, 2009.

1. orbisfactor

orbisfactor Member

so 2.3 is being implemented atm..... so not excited by it, or even that interested in the game anymore, hardly played it in the last 5-6 days. think the end game grind has taken it's toll :(

2. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I want to try the new bg but it seems bugged out :( I constantly get spammed with the finding new players message and if it does pop there is at least 10afk morons who don't accept so it's back to the queue again. I tried the last two days and it's always the same. I swear if you afk decline there should be a punishment CD on re-queuing

3. mr_death44

mr_death44 Member

Really enjoying the Leviathon and Leviathon EX fights! The new dungeons are pretty awesome too, Hullbreaker Isle is really pretty and the last fight (kraken) is really fun.

I've just hit ilvl 93 on my Whm, Pally is a bit further behind with ilvl 83. But I'm still having a ball.

Naughty Habits on Tonberry if you want to party.

4. orbisfactor

orbisfactor Member

my subscription runs out in the next 24hrs and i'm renewing it, just don't play this enough lately to justify the monthly fee.

Monk - ilvl 96 (Atma, on 8th book towards Animus)
    Warrior - ilvl 86 (Atma)
    Scholar - ilvl80 (Book of Crags/Titan HM drop)
    White Mage - ilvl 78/79 (Alkalurops)
    Summoner - ilvl 77 (Zenith)

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

5. garnet

garnet Member

woa still ppl on this :)

I got 50 for everything, farmed enough coil for all job i90,
    full patrisan meld gear for all my DOH, fully geared (non meld) for my DOL,

then I gave up, Think my whm is at ilvl96 or something,
    couldn't find a static with suitable aussie time to raid with :(

6. mr_death44

mr_death44 Member

ilvl 97 on my whm, haven't really had a chance to log in this week. Just need my chest piece or UAT from ST.

Aside from that, finally got through Ifrit Ex over the weekend, the amount of times I've had the worlds worst second healer who wipes the party with their positioning is too much to handle.

T5 is still being a bitch. But I'll get there.

7. Moochin_Bastard

Moochin_Bastard Member

Just reactivated after only spending the first free month when it launched, hoping some ppl still around.

8. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I've been watching EB to see i they'd get the heavensward CE.... What I was not expecting was "extremely limited quantities" (wtf WHY?!?!??) by the time I realised the pre-order was up it was sold out (40mins after going up) which makes me wonder a) how many copies did they have and b,) in UK and us you're able to easily pre-order the physical CE. ARR was not limited so badly so why the heck is heavensward!?!

That said I thought the ff type - 0 CE cost was bad ($200) the heavensward CE was $300 in the one hour that it was on the EB website...... :wired::Paranoid: OUCHIES!

As much as I'd have loved the CE to go along with my ARR one $300 is just way too expensive for me

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  9. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Nobody seems to care about this game around here which is sad as FF14 is epic. Just a reminder Heavensward starts on 23/06 WOOHOO! and those who pre-ordered get early access on 19/06 (tho I reckon it'd be more likely 20/06 for us)

I've redeemed my early access code and eagerly awaiting release date. Can't wait ^_^

10. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Early access is live ^_^ I am yet to check out the new zones as I decided to try the new healer class first. It seems pretty fun. Very much makes me think of Persona with the cards and all.

Very very popular. Currently the queue us 229 but you don't seem to have to wait long. Only about 5mins if that.

11. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

I really want to try it out, but I just don't have the free time for the next 3 weeks to justify buying the expansion AND subscribing (unless there's a free month for subbing?) I played solidly until just before 2.1 and had great fun with WAR and WHM. Keen to see what's changed.

12. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

The game has a free trial. So you can try before you buy. There is totally no point buying heavensward at first unless you like the look of the Au Ra as you cannot play the new classes without completing the ARR story quests and those will take a good few hours at end game as there is heaps (totally worth the effort as unlike wow the story is AMAZING!!!)

13. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

But I've done up to ARR's 2.0 story end. I got bored during tombstone hunting and real life took over. :tongue: so I can't take the trial.

I'd buy the expansion so experience wasn't wasted from missions between 2.0 and heavensward missions. My WAR is already lv 50. (Although my WHM from memory is 40ish?)

What about NIN and Dark Knight, are they HW only?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  14. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Ah I misunderstood. I was thinking brand new player not retuning!

Ninja is am ARR class. Dark Knight, Machinst and Astrologian are HW only and can only be selected if you have completed all ARR story quests. They do however start at lvl 30 and unlike Ninja and other classes don't require a second class to unlock.

Ninja needs lvl 15 Pugilist and lvl 30 Rogue to unlock

15. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Is there a lot of grinding for tomes and gear and whatnot to get through the 2.1-2.55 content? Or is getting up to Heavensward content enjoyable?

EDIT: Nightwish and others, you still on Tonberry?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yep still on Tonberry. Northern Thanalan is the place to fate grind. HW fates are stupid. They take ages and only award 8k XP however in N Thanalan you get 20k per fate.

Lets just say Northern Thanalan is...

[​IMG]

It's hard to tell just how many are there as the names are all squished together. But lets just say there are so many ppl in N Thanalan that you can't even see fate mobs spawn they die so quick. It's madness!

17. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Haha, wow. It was bad enough back in the day. Well I'm thinking I'll re-sub just before the "Welcome Back to Eorzea" promo ends, so i can get that free i120 gear :p Can't play for the next 4 weeks, though, then I'll have the time to :p

18. Pigz

Pigz Member

I am thinking about signing up to this game! Which server is everyone playing on and is there an OCAU guild? Thanks :)

19. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Everyone's on Tonberry. Sometimes it's hard to create a character because the server is so busy, but it's worth waiting until you can do it (come back at different times)

I'll be re-subbing in a few weeks.

20. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Hi there, we were all playing on Tonberry which is a JP server. There is no guild but there was a Linkshell (it's basically a private chat room you can join) but that has been abandoned for ages and nobody ever spoke in it anyway