1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XIV Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by MYSRH, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Haha, yeah, I set up the original OCAU Linkshell, but forgot to promote anyone before I left :p

Also, Pigz, If you're playing once I'm back, I'm happy to help you through any of the dungeons I've already cleared. I play a tank (Lv50 Warrior) and a Healer (Lv 40 White Mage). :)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yea if i'm around and free i'll help heal/DPS some stuff too. I'm a lvl 55 Astrologian/50 White Mage/50 Scholar/50 Summoner

3. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

How's HW treating you? Much of a gear grind before 60? My WAR is in Artifact Armour and a bit of Darklight gear, so I hope I'm not going have too much trouble with post-2.0 story content?

4. Pigz

Pigz Member

Thanks everyone for your offer. I am still trying to create a char on Tonberry but as everyone said, it is full... I will keep trying over the coming days :thumbup:

5. BigRich84

BigRich84 Member

I have seen people say they had success by spamming character create right before servers are about to go down for maintenance or as soon as they come back up from maintenance.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  6. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

The trick with tonberry is to get up early. If you don't create early in the morning you can't create at all

7. DNX

DNX Member

Been up at 4am the past 3 days to try and create a character on Tonberry without any luck:(

8. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

9. BigRich84

BigRich84 Member

Try right before and after maintenance tomorrow

10. DNX

DNX Member

I've made a character on Valefor, currently lvl 16/6 Archer/Thaumaturge for Black Mage.

Just so that I can get used to things.

Yeah, will try before and after maintenance. It's at 4pm AEST?

11. BigRich84

BigRich84 Member

I think its 4-8pm but remember servers often come up early and the savage progression raiders will be waiting.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  12. DNX

DNX Member

Managed to make characters on Behemoth this morning just in case I cannot get onto Tonberry before/after maintenance.

Will keep trying Tonberry though regardless.

UPDATE: LOL, managed to get a character made on there right on 4pm.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  13. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

That's awesome! what's your character name? I'll add you. :)

14. DNX

DNX Member

Thanks, Zaena Forsemart.

15. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Will add you this arvo. :)

Playing Archer again?

16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

HW is going slowly lol. I was in CT gear and when I first went to Sea of Clouds the first mob whalloped me hardcore lol the mobs in the new zones hit far harder than the old ones

That said when you start levelling it gives you good gear straight away so it won't take you long to get geared up.

In some zones flying seems mandatory. Churning mists for example there were some quests I couldn't get to at all as I couldn't fly and in order to fly you have to go find the Aether currents which are hidden all over the zone (you have a compass to help locate them) and some of them you gain through quests. So it takes a while of running around and questing to fly. It's not like WoW where you just pay a few thousand zone and suddenly you can fly in all zones. You have to earn it for each zone which is good but a pain at the same time

17. DNX

DNX Member

Have archer to lvl16 and up to "It's Probably Pirates" in quest line, where I have to use Duty Finder to enter Satasha.

Didn't get a group, so changed over to Thaumaturge lvl8 atm.

Did some gathering.

Thinking of levelling Conjurer or Arcanist for a self heal. Pretty overwhelmed atm:)

18. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

What server are you playing on? if Tonberry you MUST make sure you have all languages selected. If you stick with English only you'll queue for hours and hours on end. If you have Japanese selected you'll get japanese players. Downside is most of em don't speak english but your queues go from a few hours to 10mins or so

19. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

I've found half the JP players select English anyway :/

DNX ended up partying with me and we ran through. I was a WHM, so we got in very quickly :)

20. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

So how are we all going in game? The thread kind of died back :(

I'm working through Pre-HW story missions before buying the expansion and having fun :) Also levelled White Mage to 45 as an alt :) So if anyone needs a healer/tank for pre-50 content, let me know :)