Final Fantasy XIV Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by MYSRH, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I finally got 60. WOO! of all of the levelling zones the last one by far was my fav. I loved how it looked and the music. I've finished the story quest which makes me sad I wanna know what happens next!

It also means I can start levelling DRK as I don't need to save my rested xp ^_^

2. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Just finished 2.1 :) Gonna go level my WHM to 50 now.

3. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Is anyone still playing this? I'm partway through 3.0 Heavensward.
    WAR Lv 54
    WHM Lv 50

Keen to play with some OCAUers if you're still around...

4. Chris H

Chris H Member

Just came back.
    36 Arcanist
    Job: Summoner

Really enjoying this game. Its quite beautiful.

Any tips on leveling or gearing up?

5. Sub_Atomic

Sub_Atomic Member

Late to the party, but bought the base game and xpac and am enjoying it a lot actually. It's a pretty game and combat is engaging enough. Currently level 13 Gladiator. It's a bit confusing with the job stuff but that comes later apparently. Currently playing on Behemoth and tossing up whether I start a character on Tonberry when I'm able to get a spot. The ping is manageable, but it can be frustrating on the NA server.

Any tips and tricks I should be aware of?

6. BigRich84

BigRich84 Member

Try directly before or after maintenance to get on Tonberry.

Jobs require a main class to 30 and sub class to 15. Leveling other classes you get a big xp boost while they below your mains level. Once you get Glad to 30 you will need conjurer at 15 to complete the job quest.

Stick to the main story as most things are gated by it. The quest icon is different to side quests.

here is a guide of when things unlock
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

7. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

If you do come to tonberry the best advice I can give is select all languages in duty finder. It means you'll mostly be put with people who speak Japanese but it cuts your queue time from possibly hours to 10-15mins.

8. Sub_Atomic

Sub_Atomic Member

Got onto Tonberry today. Rolled an Arcanist but will be switching to Marauder at 10 I think. Account is locked for "several minutes" after it failing my password a few times for some reason. I've read it's 30 minute lock. That's a pain in the arse.

Anyways, I am enjoying it and Tonberry definitely has more people on it when I'm on compared to Behemoth.

9. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yes. Tonberry is a very very popular server. There is always heaps of people around. It's great

10. garnet

garnet Member

Join the wp clan, plenty of ppl and tonnes of support for new ppl

11. orbisfactor

orbisfactor Member

free login for previous subscribers, from first login you get 96 consecutive hours to play as much as you can. have the month of decmeber to take up the offer. i would be tempted to use it around xmas when i get a few days off, but don't think i will, not sure i can be bothered starting all over again as i deleted my old characters.

12. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Does anyone still play FFXIV?

I'm pretty heavily into it. Lv 60 WAR, DRK, WHM, with a PLD AND BLM on the way.

13. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

14. orbisfactor

orbisfactor Member

got back into this over the weekend, even got my deleted character restored so i could do some end game content and heavensward.

15. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Haha, I didn't even realise you had posted this! Stormblood is close, are you planning on trying out the new Jobs?

The Stormblood Benchmark is out, for the record: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yep! I'm dead keen to try out red mage! And my bro is levelling a samurai with me. I ran the benchmark and had everything set on max and got a very high rating. Not bad considering I had wow in the background as well :lol:

I gotta get around to preorder the digital CE. I really wanted physical CE but $250 is just too expensive. Especially when I was dumb enough to pay $300 for heavensward on release and it totally was not worth that much

17. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

You guys need to befriend a tank and healer for the queue times. I may take the opportunity to level AST from 50-60. For the benchmark, I got 5600, but I'm running at 1440p, which seems to make a difference.

I was disappointed I missed the Physical CE, but it sounds like that was a good thing? Even the digital CE seems really steep for a mount and a weapon, essentially

Have you done the Savage Raids?

18. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

If the statue is anything like the heavensward one it was tiny. To give you an idea I paid (assuming the game alone was $60) $240 for the box, a tiny statue, a book, and a blu ray which was a bunch of ads and nothing worth watching

Totally not worth it. I still feel ripped off by it :/

No the only raiding I've done is the lfr type raids. My latency isn't good enough and I'd just be a burden by dying to stupid stuff

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  19. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Good to know. I liked the idea of the cloth map, but I might be able to get that seperately at some point.

Have you tried any of the VPN software in the vein of WTFast? I use Mudfish and it brings my ping from 200ish to 130. Totally good enough. I've done A9S-A11S as Off Tank.

Or just play DRG and then people expect the deaths. :lol:

I'll have to remember to friend you when I get the chance.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  20. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

do u have to get through heavensward before doing storm blood?