1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy XIV Online

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by MYSRH, Jun 9, 2009.

1. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

So not many playing this?

2. orbisfactor

orbisfactor Member

haven't checked, but i'm going to assume yes, probably need to be lvl60 and have heavensward main scenario quests completed

see quite a few returning players lately, probably due to stormblood's upcoming release. but certainly not as many playing these days as there were 2-3yrs ago when i last played

3. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Yes, for the new story and dungeons. However you only need to be level 50 to access the new Jobs (Red Mage and Samurai) and I believe you can access the new housing district from lv15 or so. If it's anything like the Heavensward launch, they'll start giving you good gear from the old story missions to get you up to speed.
    There's a pretty good player base,especially on Tonberry server, although it's still slightly quiet because Stormblood is so close, most people have finished what they need to. Definitely enough players to be worth playing. And if any of you ever need a hand, just say the word and I'll do whatever I can, especially to get you all levelled and geared.

4. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

5. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

OMG want! I don't get why square hate us so much. I wanted to get the plush carbuncle but they won't ship them to Australia either. If blizzard will ship from us to aus I don't see the issue with square doing the same thing especially since we have to pay postage anyway

6. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Member

7. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

8. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I saw that lol, i'd have ordered the combo if you got the butler/maid outfit and the fat chocobo mount they were offering last year (USA got it by buying off amazon, UK get it at the moment from 7/11 I think and we had to buy from a mob called Hanabee)

giving away games with pizza isn't new. I remember many many years ago Pizza Hut used to do something similar. It's thanks to Pizza Hut that I got my copy of Need for Speed underground :lol:

9. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Yeah it's nothing new, I remember getting battlefield vietnam from pizza hut years ago, but why they would do it with FFXIV is so random. So used to seeing these kinds of promotions with more mainstream games like CoD and battlefield/The Sims etc.

10. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

Too bad Dominos tastes like arse.

What's the key worth if purchased separately at the moment?

Edit: and then it's $$ per month on top? Meh.

11. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

A physical copy is about $60. I pay for a monthly sub about $19 a month but it varies due to exchange rate. It's expensive because we get lumped in with EU and I can't remember if sub fee is in pounds or euro.

12. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

Add me and a few others from the pizza bandwagon.

Time to start reading up again on just how to start.

Oooooooh Dragoon :p

13. Avariel

Avariel Member

Kujata is a godnew aussie/jap server. Has tonberry on the same data centre (a lot of the lfg stuff is done cross data centre) Tonberry is a legacy server at max capacity and is also an aussie/jap server.

14. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

4.2 patch is next week: New raids (savage and normal), new primal and new dungeons. Does anyone still play?

15. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Don't play anymore can't split time between 2 MMO's.

Only played the free month they give you but it was a good MMO and if I didn't play wow I'd still be playing it most likely.

Didn't play the entire month iirc but made some decent progress for a part time game.

16. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

I'm taking a break at the moment but yep I still play FFXIV. I'm waiting for another patch to come so there's heaps of content to keep me entertained. At the moment i'm still having fun with WoW so I'm in no rush to come back. That said I am excited by this new patch trailer, Doomtrain looks awesome and Kefka looks like he's going to make an appearance as a boss in that Omega raid!

17. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

Fair enough! If you played in 4.1 and you’re not keen on the Savage Raids, I can understand waiting. I reckon the new Savage raids and EX Primal will keep me busy.

If anyone needs a hand or someone to run with (Tonberry), I’m more than happy to help!

18. orbisfactor

orbisfactor Member

i still play, though not as much as i would like to as lag has been an issue the last 3-4 weeks :(

19. Ethan W

Ethan W Member

JP server? Do you use a VPN? Mudfish makes a big difference to my ping.

20. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Back when I had to rely on mobile broadband WTFast was my saviour. Without WTFast I got hit by EVERYTHING. On my screen I was out of bad zones but due to lag I was still in them. Back when the game was new fights like titan were impossible for me as if the knock back line was on me I was dead. I couldn't react fast enough to compensate for the lag :(

Downloaded and installed WTFast and it made a world of difference. I definitely recommend it if you're having lag issues