Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Drizz06, Nov 28, 2016.

1. MrBS

MrBS Member

Finally got my broad trip on, early days but I'm having fun. Using warp to stay out of trouble then get back into the action is a such a cool mechanic.

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Holy shit them feels at the last chapter.
    The whole last several hours is one big sad, especially the credits :upset:

3. MrBS

MrBS Member

Spoilers! :p

At my rate it will be another month before I see the ending :p

4. stitch512

stitch512 Member

I finished it last night. Felt chapters 9-14 were rushed and chapter 13 was just really terrible. Was very happy after it was all over and can continue to explore the open world.

The final boss fights were not even close to being difficult, they were just annoying. I felt like after they created the fantastic open world and made a very good combat system the devs realized they needed a story to go with it, thats when chapters 9-14 happened.

5. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

WTF? How many hours of game play?

6. stitch512

stitch512 Member

26hours and also did over 40 side quests in that time. The 2nd half of the story goes very very fast. I think i started chapter 9 at about 18hrs.

7. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

So disappointing! I remember playing 7 & 8 and they went on forever.

8. zero_velocity

zero_velocity Member

26 hours wouldnt get you past disk 1 on either of those titles hahaha.

Disappointing to hear its short lived... i just hit chapter two... too a bit over an hour i think but ive taken my time on a few things...

9. stitch512

stitch512 Member

The problem with the length is that once you hit a certain point in the game, it is a linear corridor RPG much like Final Fantasy X and is that way for the rest of the game and is 100% focused on the main story. It is not until you finish the game that you get the freedom to do what you want again.

It is the biggest complaint I have with the game. The open world, maybe only 30% of it is actually used for the main quest and feels like such a waste. I will enjoy exploring the world some more and I personally did enjoy the game, but IMO it is the weakest Final Fantasy in terms of story (in the mainline series anyway). You are forced to do side quests to even get a glimpse of some of the amazing landscapes created in the game. If you only followed the main quest, you will miss way too much and that IMO is a fault of the developer.

10. sam1123

sam1123 Member

Completed the story, took just over 30 hours. I took my time in alot of places too.
    It seems that they knew the game was going to be short and stretched out most of the gameplay. Driving is slow, have to find a camp when it gets dark, only one hunt active at a time, repeatedly going back and forth between quests.
    That being said I enjoyed it and will probably try and finish all the side quests.

11. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I'm loving it so far. Maybe 10hrs or 12 in. Just been doing every sidequest i can.

Story wise the mission i'm up to is a level 10, my guys are level 25. I've got 2 of those cool weapons, but already they feel nerfed against the enemies i'm up against. When i first got them they were awesome though, so maybe that's because i was already higher than the main story so it just increased my gap over them further and made them feel almost OP'd and i was god like lol

12. NiRdoC

NiRdoC Member

Does anyone else not use Magic? I don't find it that useful or powerful, I'd rather warp in and start stabbing.

13. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Depends on the situation. Usually for me it's only really bosses, like that serpant lady or Dead Eye - Hits do OK, but i was pumelling both for a while then threw out a decent tri-spell and destroyed them much much quicker.

Normal battles it's not worth the effort

14. NiRdoC

NiRdoC Member

I just hate the mechanics of it, I hope they tweak it in some way or at least have your team mates AI a bit smarter to not move into the AOE.

I'm guessing it may come into play more later on in the game, I'm lvl 48 and just finished Chapter 8.

15. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I'm not overly far, chap 5 maybe or something? I just got the car back, but i don't think it's got much of a footprint in this game in general. The draw points like from FFVIII isn't such a bad idea, but like you said the actual mechanics of it all is the reason why it's just useless in most situations and not even used when it could be usefull :lol:

16. poleposition

poleposition Member

I'm absolutely loving every moment.

I get into one of those moods where I could say I could play this as my one and only game forever since there is so much to do.

It seems to keep the pace of the game so well, I find if I get even the slightest bit disinterested (maybe a long drive to get to next location) they seem to spring up an awesome piece of scenery or funny banter in the car that makes me keep playing.

17. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Have to agree that i'm love it too. 40hrs in i think or maybe 50, only chapter 7 or 8, and i've started pushing through only because i wanted the car back :lol:

18. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

I feel like it really goes to shit after chapter 9

19. MrBS

MrBS Member

Level 41 still on chapter 3, slowly running out of things to do :p

20. NiRdoC

NiRdoC Member

I've got 80 odd hours on it, level 73ish and still have plenty to do, there's end game content so don't be scared to finish the story.