Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Drizz06, Nov 28, 2016.

1. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

i'm just over 20 hours in. Lvl 35ish. Used the 20k room twice to get the 2x XP bonus. Jumped about 5 lvls each time. :D Still loving it. Taking my time with it. I know i'll be extremely over level when I get to the end of the story mode though. Same thing happened when I played other FF and try to do all the side quests that are level appropriate.

2. NiRdoC

NiRdoC Member

I used the 2x Room once, I had something like 98K (so almost 200k with the 2x) EXP from clearing all the low level quests after completing the story, jumped quite a few levels.

I'd suggest finishing the story around lvl 55-60 to keep it a bit of a challenge and there's plenty of end game content from lvl 55-99.

3. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

I went and did most of the sidequest that I can including all the Hunts etc. Was at Lvl 55 when I met Ardyn lol. :lol:

4. NiRdoC

NiRdoC Member

I found Ardyn quite easy, that fire giant thingie just before him on the other hand was bloody hard. I was around 55 too from memory.

I've just started doing the Dungeons behind those sealed doors, oh man do they take some time.

5. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Oh I don't mean fighting him. I meant Met him! Like even before you meet Gladiolus sister Iris in Lestalum. That's where I was. Didn't go into the Lestalum hotel for ages. Went around and checked out all the side quests, hunts, dungeons, tombs etc. Did lots of Fishing too haha. Went into that dungeon near the start that has a Royal Tomb with Lvl 55 mobs when I was in my 20s. Was easy until a Lvl 50 mob showed up lol. Bee lined for the exit lol :lol: Went back again later and cleared it out hehe :D

6. NiRdoC

NiRdoC Member

Oh! Hahahaa.... That's a lot of side quests.

I remember needing to finish Chapter 8 for some reason (to unlock something I think) and just blitzed the story line from there then went back and caught up on all the side quests, I had about 75% done before Chapter 8.

7. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Yeh I like taking my sweet time with these games. I know i'm far over levelled for the story content already. Doesn't bother me. I'm in it for the story not the challenge. I'm around 50 hours into the game and just got to the part where
    I recovered the Regalia from the army base
    last night. Speaking of the Regalia, I love the Beast decal from the starting area. Bought all other decals i can find, but still like this one the best so far. Using it with a Bright Orange colour under looks amazing.

8. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Clocked the game, level 99 across the board, got the Regalia Type-F. While AWESOME, it's also dangerous, as a bad landing can kill you. Slowly alternating between grinding AP at Three Valleys and doing the Sealed Dungeons. Not really much else to do. Also occasionally farm Zu beaks when I can be bothered.

I've fought MA-X Angelus once, and it was a pain in the arse to take down. When I can be bothered, I'll go back to farming it for the v2 suits.

I found the level 120 Naglfar easier to kill than that.

9. MrBS

MrBS Member

Currently just started chapter 10, level 76 with 90 hours on the clock. I've been doing all the side quests that I can as I go along. Fun fun times.

10. NiRdoC

NiRdoC Member

He dropped on me the other day, I'm only lvl 76, smacked him a couple of times and I was doing 16 odd damage so I ran like a little bitch.

I haven't read up on much in post game but your v2 Suite comment got me interested, also there's a dark matter bracelet that sounds interesting too.

11. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

The hell with the end of the world! I'm going fishing! :D :lol::thumbup:

12. MrBS

MrBS Member

lol this guy gets it!

13. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

Yes I found that out the hard way. I thought it'd be fun to try flying. Next I know I crashed and got a game over lol

I'm waiting for the dlc, when I played I did a couple of hunts but then focussed on the story. I was bitterly dissapointed. It started off so well but my god was the last several chapters rushed and linear. Ruined the rest of the game for me.

You know the story writing is bad when
    the emporer is killed by ardyn and turned into a daemon and the only way you find out is on the radio which like me you can easily miss. If you didn't know his name you'd never know the ultra tough daemon was him. Hell I only found out coz Ardyn actually told me. I also don't like the whole 10 year time skip thing where you come back and nobody except that kid reacts too much

14. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

Yeah I was mid 70's when I took out Angelus. Took a bloody long time. Don't waste summons on it, it's immune, unless you can time a summon at the same time as you get the Angelus unit into a vulnerable state. It'll bug out and stay vulnerable for the rest of the fight.

Good luck getting it vuln though. Aim for it's eye, it takes the most damage, even though it's still pathetic.

Spoiler alert: (no, fucken really, if you haven't clocked the game, just DON'T click here)
    The weirdest thing I found was the faux/dreamscape/alternate reality happy ending they show for Noctis and Luna with their wedding etc. Cunce dead, yo.

15. NiRdoC

NiRdoC Member

Took Zu on for the first time last night, he's 67 I think, I'm 76 and it only took 10 seconds, not sure if something bugged out or what but a couple of normal attacks then did an Angumar (however you spell it) chain and dead.

Is that normal? I mean I'm not OP or anything, still got mostly standard gear, nothing special.

16. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I'm chap 9. Level 60, still only have 2 summons and really no idea about them (Titan & Ramus)

17. NiRdoC

NiRdoC Member

They become available under certain circumstances as I understand, for instance if the battle lasts a while, or if you're in Danger, or if you have a team mate down or a combination of those. On the PS4 it's just hold "L2" for about 5 seconds without getting hit.

18. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

No it's not hard to take down at all. Although Armiger chain takes care of virtually everything with a few notable exceptions like MA-X Angelus, Naglfar, Ifrit amongst others. Waste of chain imo, you'll only kill it the once then have to get that bar full again after a tonne of fights. It goes down within a minute or two without it, just use lance warp strikes on the beak, and the Trident of the Oracle warps. BTW: you do know you can Armiger chain and then quickly do the Armiger link super just before the bar runs out right? Gives you kinda a 2-for-1 deal.

Hardest thing about fighting the Zu is getting there tbh. It's a long walk. The second hardest thing is putting up with the unskippable video pre-fight.

Break the beak before the kill to get a chance for the beak to drop on death. Otherwise you'll mostly get Zu Tenders. Which are good, but NOT the goal. The Zu beak is hands down the easiest item to acquire for limit break magic. I *think* the 1st time you do the hunt, they give you the beak no matter what, and after that it's back to RNG/break drop chance. You can either do that or farm the 10k Altissia Justice Monsters Five pinball machine for a Wind up Angelus, but that takes about an hour to get around 99 chests before you stop. You really want to farm Dark Matter Bracelets for your time at the expensive pinball machine.

Easiest way to farm is leave the car at the outpost and camp just before you kill the Zu. Then you can fast travel between outpost for hunt hand-in and re-acquisition, and then fast travel back to camp to kill it again.

edit: BTW, a relatively fast XP and gil grind is to do the Wyvern hunt at that same place as the Zu hunt (I haven't played in a fortnight, so I've forgotten the name of the place, SW corner of the map, starts with R.. ROCK OF RAVATOGH outpost). Just equip the Ring and insta-kill the wyverns with it, they suck dry super fast. You can get the hunt, complete it and hand it in within 2 minutes, and they drop wings on every kill too, at roughly 1600 gil a kill (I think there's 7 Wyverns). It adds up quickly. Do THAT for around an hour, selling wings as soon as you have 99 of them each time, and then go sleep at Altissia Royal Suite (the right concierge @ 30,000) for a huge level increase.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  19. MrBS

MrBS Member

I finished the game last night. I ended up with all but two achievements so maybe I'll go for the plat ;)

20. MrBS

MrBS Member

Wow getting the plat was easy :p

Still got plenty of post game stuff to do but I'm shelving this for now and will save that for when the DLC starts dropping.