Firearms [Post State when asking questions] [NO GUN SALES]

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by SgtCaboose, Jul 13, 2009.

1. dandexter

dandexter Member

Thank you. In this case it must just be a simply administration error - I'll call them today. Was very worried last night.

2. Bourke

Bourke Member

I brought this up with my club mate, he comfirmed it, and we both agreed it's radically stoopid.
    So reason for holding centrefire rifles is, because I have a national association membership, but sir where do you use them, where ever....o_0

Hunting rifle = Hunting / Farmers permit
    Sporting firearms = Club membership
    Collecting = Collectors licence / Collectors membership.

SSAA = Keeping and using guns when I feel like it......
    We need structure for solidarity and accountability to protect ourselves and everyone else.

3. GeeBee

GeeBee Member

Good to see another Law Abiding Firearms Owner doing the right thing. Had a few mates of mine unknowingly caught up in it. They had to go down to the Police Station and retrieve their registered firearms.

4. Dude From Oz

Dude From Oz Member

I don’t see a problem with the way Queensland do it allowing general SSAA membership as genuine reason. They have ranges where you can attend for a casual shoot whenever or a club comp if you want to be there at a specific time/day each month.

Nothing wrong with either, i know a lot who just go for a casual bit of target shooting/plinking every once in a while. Don’t need to enter comps to enjoy the sport.

5. AgB deano

AgB deano Member

Huh. "National Firearms Agreement" but the different authorities often couldn't be more different.

In Vic, just being with the SSAA is enough. That covers sport target and hunting pests on private and crown land, game permit to access crown land for game.

I have never bothered with specific club memberships, although I was awfully tempted to become a deerstalker member to get access to crossbows :)

I'd ask around at F-Class. You'll surely have other members that have had the issues. A polite call to licensing would also be an excellent idea when armed with good info.

Firstly - daily mail, really?

If the article is accurate, which I doubt given the source, they'll get what they deserve the greedy stupid gits. Now they get to live the rest of their lives with a criminal record, unable to legally touch a firearm ever again in any state nor hold any job, professional membership or permit that requires a criminal check. Nice life eh.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  6. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

Just got back from doing a farm clean up.

Everything is in a pretty dire state.

Plenty of roos already starved to death, random dead emaciated joyes and the rest are not in good shape. The few pigs about looked pretty thin as well, not 1 sucker or weaner to be seen.

Fields are either fallow or have feed crops planted, like oats. Most livestock has been sold off, what does remain is breeding stock on feed.

Did find 1 oddity though, shot this little bugger. Never seen anything like it, either have the several farmers i showed. He was in surprisingly good condition and had full guts.

Rabbit.jpg

Bourke likes this.
  7. Bourke

Bourke Member

Sounds bleak...
    is that NW QLD, jus no rain...
    WA is having a blinder though, dams are full and ground soak is decent, need another couple years to put us into a safe ground water state though, more sub-divisions going up by the month.

Are rabbits rodents..?? Like rats and beavers, need to grind down their teeth or the above happens....Seems one of the best control methods is extreme climate change..o_o

On news today, local council are getting backlash as they try to cull a Magpie that's attacked atleast 2 or more kids with eye injuries....+1 for general public

8. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

NE NSW, Northwest Slopes and Plains.

Farms i was on are currently categorised the highest level of drought "Intense Drought". Been a few years since they've had any substantial rain.

Farms i was on aren't doing too badly financially wise, due to Santos gas wells. The money they bring in is a massive help in severe droughts.

I think the rabbits teeth were a result from an under-bight or something similar, still got me buggered as to how it was alive for so long, little own in good condition.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  9. Whoreof Babylon

Whoreof Babylon Member

Been mucking about on eBay and received some purchases for my $160 fun gun. Managed to make it into an Assult Rifle (By A Current Affair standards) for $35 :D
    [​IMG]

dave_dave_dave likes this.
  10. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

https://taskandpurpose.com/army-rifle-ribbon-gun/
    [​IMG]

11. wanna_

wanna_ Member

anyone seen a ffp 1x power scope in mil? spent several hours on google, everything seems BDC which is trash.

I can only find Athlon Argos BTR 1-4x24 FFP Riflescope with AHSR 14 IR MIL Reticle

12. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

Depends how much cash you want to spend and exactly what you want. Plenty of options out there, most good manufacturers make one, generally in their high end line-up.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product...24-riflescope-with-vmr-2-mrad-reticle/reticle

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/razor-hd-gen-2-1-6x24-riflescope-with-vmr-2-mrad-reticle/reticle

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RS27-C-1900028

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=VC16-D-1600037

I'm think there may even be some red dots out there with mil reticles.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  13. wanna_

wanna_ Member

I forgot to mention that part, all those are $1k+ AUD. Looking for something less because it's most likely going on a 16" t1x.

The Athlon is $300USD but with trade restrictions getting it here will be a hassle. I think a aussie retailer has it listed for $585.

Not many SFP mil/non bdc options either.

14. Bourke

Bourke Member

I got the biggest confused look on my face trying to figure out your reasoning to not want SFP or BDC or MIL or cheapest price...but yeah i'll "hold off"

VORTEX STRIKE EAGLE -1-6X24 AR-BDC RETICLE ILLUMINATED $500
    VORTEX STRIKE EAGLE 1-8X24 AR-BDC2 RETICLE ILLUMINATED $525
    Leupold something something would be $600-ish
    GERMAN PRECISION OPTICS 1-5X24i30MM TUBE, GERMAN 4 ILLUMINATED RETICLE-$1150
    You pay for the glass, but nice glass is nice

www.nvt.com.au go there and find anything in OZ, the prices are pumped, find the scope and check other retailers like Cleavers or Magnum and should be cheaper.

Importing is done n dusted, GST+import cost = look local....I'm not even going to try to get any Mcmillian stocks due to that...I did get a WEAVER XR 36 for $800aud posted..NVT=$1600

15. wanna_

wanna_ Member

i have an Burris XTR in Mil on a 308 and want to convert my 22lr. I can't justify spending $1k on a scope that's going to shoot 100m.

Ill check out NVT. My mate's currently in USA, I wonder if they go through your luggage and tax you at the border...

16. Bourke

Bourke Member

As carry on luggage, then yeah it's a good idea...but it'll be a one off thing, BURRIS glass is nice, i'd go Leupold VX whatever, Night Force pricing is same AUS.
    and Leupy warranty is lifetime.
    FFP is for ranging really, on a 22lr it's yeah......BDC would help for long shots after 100m

17. wanna_

wanna_ Member

Before sending my mate to Guantanamo to meet big bob, it looks like anything firearms related may require a export permit. From what I read, this can apply to Scopes and slings depending on the customs officer.

18. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

Shouldn't have a problem bringing a scope in luggage. But when in doubt, B709A.

Leupold is a great choice if you think your cousin is attractive.

I do own one of their scopes though.

AgB deano likes this.
  19. TheWedgie

TheWedgie Insert Custom Title Here

:lol:

20. Tiger Toast

Tiger Toast Member

Recently went for a walk up some fukn massive hills and found a good mob of goats.

270gr Woodleighs make a real big mess of goats just FYI.