Firearms [Post State when asking questions] [NO GUN SALES]

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by SgtCaboose, Jul 13, 2009.

1. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

Wonder how long before WAPOL shut it down.

2. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Probably already have. I guess it depends if the land needs to be classified as a shooting range to operate like this.

3. Bourke

Bourke Member

Jus made last payment on 16 month loan.......2 custom actions and 5 barrels smithed.

!feelsgoodman

4. Cpt Watermelon

Cpt Watermelon Member

Took my 22lr German Sports Gun out on the weekend for a shoot. Did pretty well in the combined services match straight out of the box with the CCI 22lr LRN. Pretty happy for a 420 dollar gun.

AgB deano likes this.
  5. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

6. apsilon

apsilon Member

Cane toads maybe as I assume (not a QLDer) they're only encountered on the ground. Mynas on the other hand, in trees, on fences etc, a miss will carry on, potentially hit someone, break windows or otherwise damage property etc. If you're talking properties of only a certain size where the next house is out of range then yeah maybe but otherwise it's a pretty stupid idea.

7. ~Coxy

~Coxy Member

Air rifles aren't really dangerous in terms of fallout. I wish we could use them to shoot doves and other household pests.

8. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

Air rifles are a pretty broad category, are we talking .177 Shanghai break barrel spring action or .45 AirForce Texan PCP.

I honestly don't see that law ever working unless you bring in a new unrestricted category of air rifles, like the UK. I.e. no restrictions or license needed on any air rifles under 12fl.lb muzzle energy.

9. caspian

caspian Member

I don't see that happening either, unfortunately. for every person who thinks rationally about it there will be two dozen antis lined up that won't.

10. hsvguy

hsvguy Member

Anyone recommend a cheap air rifle for mucking around with? will just be for plinking and maybe shooting pigeons occasionally at work (we currently use a workmates Gamo .177 which works fine).

would like to stay around $250 if possible. Anyone used a Diana 21? that seems to be in the price range, and the BSA V scout as well.

11. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

You can pickup a Crossman 1070 for about $200. .177 PCP, 12 shot magazine.

Just hand it up to the police when it eventually craps out.

hsvguy likes this.
  12. dandexter

dandexter Member

Anyone on here interested in some once fired .308 brass? I have 120 from match factory ammo (Aussie outback & Hornady) as well as 360 from el-cheapo factory ammo (S&B, Remington, Winchester & PPU). PM me for details.

13. apsilon

apsilon Member

Anyone use any of the CENS range of active ear plugs? They're not cheap but given your hearing can't be replaced I won't let that rule them out alone so would be interested in hearing any first hand feedback on them.

14. Whoreof Babylon

Whoreof Babylon Member

Holy crap they're expensive, ill stick to my earmuff styles ones.

15. apsilon

apsilon Member

Yeah they're not cheap. I figure they may have some advantages over muffs though - better seal while wearing glasses and in some shooting positions. Might also be cooler in summer without the whole ear covered. I like my MSA Sordins (paid US$320 8.5 years ago) but they're not without fault. Cost wise I can claim some if not all the cost as I work for a manufacturing company and so need to wear hearing protection at times I go into production areas.

I've had a set of custom molded plugs for a few years now that are very comfortable. I often wear them under the MSA muffs if at an indoor range etc. Watching some reviews now and so far they're all positive but you can never be sure reviewers haven't been paid for their review. Wish this was something you could try before buying but the custom aspect rules that out.

16. rthy

rthy Member

anyone know where to get cheap 303brit and 7.62x54r?
    was paying $49 for 50rnds fmg/copper whatever cheapo brand at centreway

located Melb near Tullamarine

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  17. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

Doesn't really help you, but cheap 303 up here is going for around $1.30 - $1.50 per round at the moment.

I think the cheap 303 is done for the moment. 12 months back i could pick up S&B bulk 50 packs for about $50.

18. Whoreof Babylon

Whoreof Babylon Member

In Tas, I've been stuck with $2.50 a shot. shoot my .303 very rarely these days.

Gunco Melb has ppu for $1.40 a round if that's' any help.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  19. Dude From Oz

Dude From Oz Member

Not much help for down south but cleaver have PPU $110 for 100 303 and $95 for 100 7.62x54r

20. Bourke

Bourke Member

Yeah, what DUDE says, it's a 30cal at end of day, which is never gonna be cheap....Target 308 is $1.20 each.

Why no reload...????
    Even buying new components, using cheap press it'll cost $1.50 for first 500-1000 rds then jus get cheaper, prob get to $0.70 per round.