Firearms [Post State when asking questions] [NO GUN SALES]

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by SgtCaboose, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Ghoatman

Ghoatman Member

I have an A17R version, there are double springs in the trigger and release lever. I took out the internal smaller one and it's a lot lighter.
    I believe there is a newer version that's now being sold with lighter trigger and lever.

2. Tiger Toast

Tiger Toast Member

Yeah the 17hmr is the one I'm keen on. This was a new rifle and was still pretty heavy but could be old stock.

So long as the springs are easily accessible I'll work something out.

3. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

There's a new gunshop officially opening in Brisbane in early November !
    (Nov 9/10) They are at Murrarie.

3 Gun Tactical They have a lot of really cool stuff (I've had a preview) and I gather there will be some good opening specials.

I found his website (which could be a lot better) at 3gt.com.au

So awesome to see someone else getting into the market !

4. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

Thanks for the tip. Ill go for a visit when they open.

vladtepes likes this.
  5. Ghoatman

Ghoatman Member

Are you in QLD/Brisbane area?

6. Tiger Toast

Tiger Toast Member

New gunshop means the site won't be blocked by work proxy yet. Noice.

7. Bourke

Bourke Member

FLY500m has some chatter around Big calibers, which mentions max energy on NSW ranges, wildcat cartridges and some "Uncle Grandpa" humor around the latest "6mm must have".
    I'd link it but may not be "pc", so go find it and chortle while stroking one's beard as I am doing.

On another not, Cleavers is running out S&B PMII, x25 for $2500 and x50 for $3000.
    I'm trying to swap out my x25 for more mag so no point in a x25, price's are world price so buy it now coz pretty sure it's old stock.

Bourke Theory on glass.
    If you are direct descendant of European linage, I think SCHOTT glass suits better, as I am.
    I looked through NXS glass and it twinkled the hell out of me, it was nice and clear but the glass and coating doesn't gel with me.
    I have Weaver and Leupold, Leupy kills Weaver but it cost twice the price too.

8. Tiger Toast

Tiger Toast Member

I have an S&B Klassik 8*56 and the glass is amazing. Have a Kahles of the same config and it's also stellar.

My leupy is clear but not in the same league.

9. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

I'm on the lookout for something affordable (LOL) in a 3-12x44 mil/mil FFP, or thereabouts. If anyone has any tips. By affordable I mean definitely <$1,000

10. Bourke

Bourke Member

In MIL, then VORTEX easy, otherwise MOA and the best glass for your budget.
    BUSHNELL if you want a certain look but the glass is lesser.

If it's for hunting, then you need something great for low-light, which is SCHOTT, S&B or KAHLES or ZEISS even LEICA.

We have a new shooter at club, old mate who's head shot running roos @ 400m off-hand and the rest of it, I don't think seen him over-lap 2 rounds in over 200rds on target.
    Anyway rocks up with a Savage 12 repeater hunter with a Vortex x24 in MIL.
    When we getting a zero setup, I ask you need around 40moa for 308 @ 300y, have you a 20moa rail..??...IDK
    Answer was yes, ok jus click up around 30 clicks, are they 1/4 or 1/8 clicks..?? IDK
    I ask is the scope MOA or MIL...??..IDK...It's MIL
    Other guys flock around and say it's 6 moa per 100y and blah...I say it's MIL scope....WTF is that, WFT does that mean then..LOL

11. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

hehe yeah and the 'expert' then say "oh it's not an MOA scope its a a millimetres scope".
    No you fools, it's milradians.
    Blank looks... LOL

12. Bourke

Bourke Member

Click to view full size!

Been looking for ages for a quality Comp scope, some came up and either over $2k and cash only or new on CC.
    By chance I did the usual route of webstores and found a March x40 3/32 dot.....took me 90 sec to pull the trigger, so to speak.

Took a look through it, and yep 1 word, sick bro
    Awesome resolve, parallax to 500m + Infinity, so much turn in it i'd guess it'll resolve to 1100y.
    With my S&B x50, looking at the same point in the street, I turned the parallax dial until crisp, it was around 400m, did same with the March, dial said 290m....IDK what it means.
    Was looking at a stop sign and saw the head of the 2 bolts holding it, i'd guess @ 80m

No fringing on the edges at all, so crisp, should be using it on weekend @ 800y, everyone gonna hate on me now..>_<
    Another club mate has a March 35x60, his misses bought it as a birthday present....huh

vladtepes likes this.
  13. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Yeah I had a look through a $5K Kahles on the weekend. Wish I could afford it as it was AWESOME.

14. Tiger Toast

Tiger Toast Member

I've got an old Kahles 8*56 Helia C and the resolving power on that is outstanding.

15. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

aight been seeing this thread here for years. Finally booked my safety course :rolleyes: (VIC)

who here is in melb and gets out for a hunt fairly regularly, and what kind of hunting do you do?

16. Tiger Toast

Tiger Toast Member

I'm in NSW but I try to get down to Vic to hunt the highlands when I can. Plenty of deer in there if you know where to look.

17. DarthWindu

DarthWindu Member

Main drama now is that it's being recategorised in NT. If I had to guess, other states and territories to follow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ausguns/comments/dsvshx/reclass_of_linear_repeating_firearms_to_cat_c/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ausguns/comments/du41ts/shooters_union_demands_nt_acting_police/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ausguns/comments/dsvvk4/in_regards_to_my_last_post/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ausguns/comments/dte63l/update_on_linear_release_firearms/

Presumably, the Cleavers video of it going pew pew pew too fast, has done it yet again.

Or, is it perhaps that it is more readily converted to a semi than other firearms? (I don't know the mechanics, just wondering)

18. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

I can't access reddit through the firewall here but nothing would surprise me.
    Gotta keep on top of those law abiding firearms owners after all - the massive threat we pose...... NOT.

Meanwhile pollies continually refuse to introduce mandatory minimum prison sentencing for crimes committed with firearms. (robberies etc)

Which community are they protecting exactly?

19. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Dunno how easily it is converted but it is itself a conversion from the standard Savage A22 semi-auto sold in America.

20. Bourke

Bourke Member

Pretty sure you don't "need" a firearm for stalking, Compound bows available if no license needed, but soon enough it'll be enforced as well.
    I'm more of the "hunters will hunt with whatever means available to them" kind of thinking, last I heard Queensland has out of control pig population and VIC or NSW has rapidly increasing Deer numbers, oh and Tasmania coz unregulated control.
    And we look to NZ and at their +1 Billion dollar hunting industry and jus shrug.

vladtepes likes this.