Firearms [Post State when asking questions] [NO GUN SALES]

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by SgtCaboose, Jul 13, 2009.

1. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Question: would a shell of a object, with no mechanics, be considered as a "digital blueprint"? Surely a non-functional model of a fictional weapon that bears no resemblance to a real gun be considered as such... but I guess NSW law begs to differ.

2. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

What you just did is use logic... There is no logic used by NSW or any other state when it comes to firearms.

Check with NSW registry basically.

https://forums.overclockers.com.au/posts/17693841/

baz made a replica out of wood and had to basically cut it up to make it legal, varies by state as per usual. And even if you do get the OK that doesnt mean you wont get pulled up on it later and have to defend your right to have said non-functional model.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Alright. I just sent a message to clarify on it.

4. Bourke

Bourke Member

Dude got arrested this week for Pharmacy robbery, he used a fake gun made of a block of wood and piece of pipe painted black....it's the times we live in.

And for more non-sense news, Australian States and Territories are united in banning the use of Bump Stocks....hrrrrmm why.??
    Hands up if you own an AR....yep nobody..ok
    Due to the Trump administration, ITAR has been even more enforced and gun parts exported from US need more Customs clearance then before Trump, so Bump Stocks can't be exported.
    So, Government announces ban on a thing which no one has or needs or could obtain legally before anyway...GJ :thumbup:

LANDLINE had a story on Gun thefts from farmers, which was jus a Cop mouth-piece saying farmers bad and lazy at keeping guns secure.
    Showed cop video of guns laying around on tables and loaded rifles on wall mounts. if you look close looks like they entered a Strongroom with everything laid out, and not like on Kitchen table.
    Then SSAA Old Mate gets his 30sec of facts in, 3-6% of Registered Owners are robbed, but 0.02% of those stolen are used in crime, most are traded for drugs and not really used beyond that.
    Facts stated were, there are "3 million firearms in Australia"...I doubt it.
    Last I heard there's +300k registered as of currently, and there was +235k when Howard had an idea to buy some votes.

My favourite part, Good Cop reunites Poor Farmer battler with a Brno 222 stolen in 2012, again GJ :thumbup:
    In WA cops on rampage after Barry's got kidnapped and bashed, so for dealers holding handguns, they are making them spend $60k on top of the line safes, and ofcourse if you can't, then jus hand in your license and close your shop.

5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

6. DarkYendor

DarkYendor Member

Yeah, Bump Stocks when you can only own bolt-/lever-action rifles - look out Australia?...

7. Yaleman

Yaleman Member

It’s about the situation at the time. If it was hanging off your belt and looked like a toy then no one would bat an eye. If you brandished it in a threatening way, you’re going to have a bad day.

8. xc351

xc351 Member

There are quite a few semi auto handguns u can get and put in a chassis, ruger charger (same action as a 10/22) would be the most common. I had one with a nordic chassis (72cm) bit was a 5 min job to put it back in orginal stock add a 22" barrel and clean up our ranges comps (they dont allow aftermarket chassis but no restriction on barrel changes)

9. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

That's an entirely different thing to bump-stocks.

10. Bourke

Bourke Member

I must have handloaded over 3000 rounds by now, of rifle, well I did it.....my first pistol reload...Bring it in fellas.

Click to view full size!

Range prices are going up, they even fell short of 38spc reloads at one stage, so I had to go self sufficient, after 10 years..:p
    Found some cheap Tigershark 135rn copper jacket, had all the 38 cases from forever, I bought Large Pistol Primers, coz yeah large primer for large case...nope, I goofed..it's SPP.
    Had to learn to FLS, Expand and then Seat, never had to Expand before...that's a new one.

Loaded 3 rds of AP50 @ 3.3gns, and test fired at range, those are the 3 hit primers, pushed in but fine, I settled on 3.4gns for first shoot.
    I asked RO if he could measure COAL of their reloads, coz then I know it would be safe in my gun, he says "No i'm too busy"
    I argue but it's for safety, as I have no exp and need a safe starting length...Fine.
    20mins later he's chatting away about Westerns, Cowboys, Single action revolvers, how Colt Pythons suck.....yeah...funny, when it suits.

Was going to load 100 cases, got to 30 and went screw this buddy, jus did 45 and left it at that.
    Started to seat, most were gentle, then aone is tight, I tried using force and the brass started to crush..:p
    Another rookie error, needed more Expand, around 30thou atm, prob needs 50-60thou, was trying to avoid split necks.

I'll post up a target if it's decent, I shoot Benchrest Pistol, coz i'm lazy but more so coz want to see the guns accuracy and not mine

Click to view full size!

Shot 380/400
    A big ragged hole but not a high score
    About 10 rounds all light strike, took 5 hits to get them out.
    Gun was rather warm, no sticky cases.
    Might need diff primers, not impressed.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  11. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Before you know it you'll be spending $$$ on a fancy high volume Dillon reloader setup.
    It's just so easy....

Bourke likes this.
  12. Bourke

Bourke Member

They dropped a couple bucks recently, like $650 with a die set for DILLION 550 maybe.
    Truth though, you can do rifle rounds too, so using a Progressive for rounds would be ultimate goal for laziness, jus need to cut a custom chamber to fit the rounds.

13. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Umm, what ?

14. Bourke

Bourke Member

Not sure the question.

But use a Progressive to make rifle rounds, and get custom chamber cut to match the rounds, if you handload you can match the round to the chamber..i.e neck tension/COAL/powder measure/primer seating

15. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Yeah I thought you were saying you need to get a custom chamber to use a progressive press for rifles...
    That makes more sense !

16. Bourke

Bourke Member

>_<
    Thinking about it, Factory rounds are say 5% variance, using a Turret/Progressive say 3% variance, precise Handloading >1%.

Time taken would be 0 mins, 10 mins, 30 mins per round.
    I'd love to shoot 300 rifle rounds a shoot, but would rather neck myself then load 300 cases by hand.

17. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

It's not just time though, it's
    - money saving (once equipment purchased)
    - specific choice of load/projectile to suit your needs.

18. Tiger Toast

Tiger Toast Member

Using a progressive for rifle seems pretty dumb. Forster Co-Ax or nothing imo

19. xc351

xc351 Member

It's pretty common in the States I use a 650 for 308 and 6.5cm I used to use it for 223 but don't shoot enough of it to worry anymore.

45/70 (I use it for a handgun) I tried in the 650 with out much luck and my 45/70 I load to the max for Alot of it or trail boss loads so doing it by hand isn't to bad.

Do need a 650 set up for 44mag as 9mm/357 isn't worth my time.

Also own a few single stages and a few multi head simplex ones I got in a bulk deal.

20. Bourke

Bourke Member

I noticed ppl don't like "out of box thinkers" or different, just stick with Grandad's Lee Handloader....:p:p:p

I thought I lost this target.

Click to view full size!

All I have to say is, it's a 2nd hand REM 700 SPS (from Cleavers with >100 rds), black chrome moly barrel, with surface rust, x40 scope shot off a backpack in 32'c no shade and horrible mirage, with un-tuned handloads.

Do you see...Do you see......see how they overlap.
    Top is 168 Sierras on 45.0gr 2208
    Bottom is 155 Berger Hybrid on 45.0gr 2208
    Took it out the safe, guessed a decent 308 load (46.0gr is a hot load), and jus ripped it, owned it 6-7 years, maybe 250rds on barrel.
    Yes, a factory gun shot off a backpack @ 500ys
    Have a nice day.