1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Firearms [Post State when asking questions] [NO GUN SALES]

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by SgtCaboose, Jul 13, 2009.

1. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Yaleman do you have the legislative reference for that please?

2. BitAddict

BitAddict Member

There isn't in the QLD Weapons Act. It simply states:

An authorised officer must decide an application for a licence (other than renewal of a licence) as soon as practicable after the end of the period prescribed for this section under a regulation.

On the QPS website they advise not to make enquires until 10-15 weeks have passed.

3. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

Yes exactly.

4. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

If I wanted to own a weapon from apex legends, is it legal? It can't be an imitation since it's not replicating a real firearm and it didn't exist prior to the game's release.

5. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Talk to the relevant states firearm registry.

I assume NSW.

It is an offence under the Firearms Act to have unauthorised possession of an imitation or replica firearm. The offence carries a maximum penalty of 14 years imprisonment, with a standard non-parole period of 4 years.

The Act defines an imitation firearm as ‘an object that, regardless of its colour, weight or composition, or the presence or absence of any moveable parts, substantially duplicates in appearance a firearm’.

Duplicates in appearance a firearm.... I would be getting appropriate advice, your argument about it not existing prior to the game would be very weak and i can't say i would be betting 4 years on that. A very basic search of what the definition of imitation as per the act is all you needed to do to see how weak that argument could be as it all depends on what it looks like and whether the average person could mistake it for a firearm, and remember the average person has not seen every firearm and probably has no clue what apex legends is and what apex legends guns look like.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r likes this.
  6. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

A quick image search for apex legends guns reveal quite a lot of items that the average person could very well assume was a real firearm. Quite a lot of them look very similar to existing real firearms.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r and ShadowBurger like this.
  7. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

Got out for a bit of a shoot, finally. Springvale range has a max calibre of .22lr so still haven't put a round through the .300

Managed to get it pretty well zeroed and landing shots on the bullseye consistently at 50m
    [​IMG]

Only got 50 rounds through it though, had one box of new stuff and 5 or so old boxes which turned out to all have some kind of sticky oil on them. Have cleaned up 50 or so since but eugh... what a mission. Might just bin them and buy newies
    [​IMG]

8. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

Wax coming off the cardboard box?

9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

All good. The help is appreciated.

One time I ordered keychain versions of apex legends weapons and even that got searched by customs. oof

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  10. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

i have no idea. certainly feels like wax

11. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

What a cluster f*&k that Bush Meister shotgun thing has been. I was a bit surprised they got away with almost directly copying the Verney Carron Veloce. Turns out they just ignored the patents and copied it regardless.

12. Rass

Rass Member

I've bought 22lr rounds which had a wax like coating on them. Good for storage and keeping the lead off your fingers.

13. BitAddict

BitAddict Member

My CZ Shadow 2 Orange Edition just arrived at the gun store... Now if only my H license was also done. Won't be able to pick the pistol up probably for another two months :tired:

ShadowBurger likes this.
  14. Cpt Watermelon

Cpt Watermelon Member

OK, so my GSG 22 is a piece of crap. Constant feed and ejection issues no matter what ammunition brand or type i use.

Should i get a Browning Buckmark, Ruger MKIV or a .22lr kadet conversion kit for my CZ Shadow 2 as a replacement?

Can't have compensators at one of the ranges i shoot at.

FatBoyNotSoSlim likes this.
  15. xc351

xc351 Member

Conversion kits never seem to work well.

I'd look at a mk3 or 4. I bought a 3 mainly cause everyone was updating to a 4 and got it cheap. Who cares if it's slightly harder to strip. You tube video bam done.

Also considering you are on the budget end of the market I presume you arnt a professional shooter or go though 500 rounds a weekend.

I have my mk 3, model 41 5", model 41 7“, Chippa cattleman 12“ 22lr/22mag sold the Ruger charger.

The model 41's are amazing but also just like the simplicity of the mark 3.

The cattleman is novelty I bought some bulk 22mag and it just tumbles the bullets.

Cleavers does some custom guns based of the rugers.

I think our range has 5 rugers to 1 buckmark. But at other ranges they prefer different guns. Maybee cause the nearest dealer favours xxx or 1 guy gets one and starts a chain reaction. Hell we have more tanfoglios than glocks at our range.

16. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

I've never really heard anything for/against the Buckmarks, but I've spent a lot of time reading up on the MKIVs, personally.

A fully tricked out Ruger MKIV is on my "want" list of pistols, which I might save for a Birthday or Christmas present to myself later this year.
    If starting from stock, a Volquartsen Competition Bolt and Accurizing Kit would be a must, as well as their trigger OR one from TandemKross.
    Or, say F*SK it and pay the piper for a full Black Mamba https://www.cleaverfirearms.com/Products.aspx?Category=Handguns&brand=259 fitout. The MAMBA - TF is the current model I have my eye on.

Cpt Watermelon if I might ask. What discipline do you use your 22 for? My concern with getting a MKIV is that I wouldn't know which comp to shoot it in, given the breadth of target pistols on the market. (I just want one as it looks cool...)

17. Cpt Watermelon

Cpt Watermelon Member

Nah, not professional. I attend the range a once or twice a month. I don't need anything like a Walther GSP Expert.

The stock MKIV with the VQ comp bolt, trigger and accurizing kit seems like a decently viable option.

All the Volquartsen bar the Classic have compensators, which I am unable to use at my primary range where i shoot 22 due to club rules, the Mamba-tf would be nice to have otherwise.

I shoot 25m Sport Pistol, 25m Standard Pistol and 25m Rapid Fire Pistol.

18. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

You know that compensator just screws off, right? So very easy to make it club happy. :)

I also shoot the same events, just using my club's Morini CM22. Whilst they're $3.5-4k new, second hand they're in the $1200-1400 range and shit all over rugers and buckmarks.

19. ShadowBurger

ShadowBurger Member

anyone here shooting cat H at Springvale range?

20. Yaleman

Yaleman Member

I'd go the Ruger (and have, multiple times). I've been bitten on the hand too many times by the Brownings and conversion kits always suck.

Definitely try and shoot the one you want to buy, asking people at the range etc - probably hard these days with COVID restrictions but if you're in Brisbane DM me and we can probably work something out.