Firmware 4.0!

Discussion in 'Sony Consoles' started by MoNk{LAH}, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MoNk{LAH}

MoNk{LAH} Member

4.0 is out! whats changed? ive heard it make VITA compatible with the ps3 but no other changes...

2. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

That's all I saw on the update notice just now on my PS3 as I accepted the update...that and support for UK English as the system language...

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

that's all i got from that. sadly i can't download it since i capped my quota...ggggrrrr....

4. MrBS

MrBS Member

Option to disable demo downloads for PS+. Nice.

5. remi.

remi. Member

Updating right now. Seems like it's only PS Vita support and UK English. Also noticed a PlayStatin Plus icon in the XMB, which just launches the PS Store... Kinda pointless lol

6. thecondor

thecondor Member

Such a letdown, updated yesterday. Only for vita support.

Was hoping for something good. Like a interface makeover or something.

Ahwell. Back to fifa. :lol:

7. FuzzyKaos

FuzzyKaos Member

Mine has this annoying warning when the ps3 turns on, warning me about epilepsy and so forth.

I am yet to find the off button for it. >:|

8. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Yeah I've been looking for a way too. No luck yet either.

9. FuzzyKaos

FuzzyKaos Member

One would think that someone with epilepsy would already know this.

10. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

I know a few teenagers who have been diagnosed with epilepsy and refuse to give up their right to game in the face of potentially ending up in hospital again...Stupid kids will do anything to play games.

11. broox

broox Member

this makes me happy.

12. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Yeah, got this is annoying. Every time you turn it on, you have to wait 10 or so seconds for the 'warning' to come up and go away.

I don't have epilepsy - stop giving me a warning that isn't relevant. every. damn. time.

13. Fleshgear

Fleshgear Member

Seriously? What's with all the people whinging about the bloody warning?

It's on screen for a few seconds as the PS3 boots up, it doesn't add time to the boot up.

What if you have a friend or family member visit with epilepsy, personally I would be glad there was a warning in case they have epilepsy (some people have epilepsy but don't want everyone to know).

I personally don't have epilepsy, but I'm damn sure the warning isn't harming my PS3 gaming in any way whatsoever.

14. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Because people with epilepsy already know the dangers of gaming etc. And if they don't - flashing it up on the screen EVERY TIME it boots is excessive. I'm

Plus it's a bit late to give a warning once they buy the device... perhaps just put a giant warning on the box or put a sticker on the PS3 so that they can be warned prior to buying...

You sure it doesn't add any time to booting up? If not then I guess it's ok...

I think what irritates me about it is that it's probably some sort of legal protection rather than them caring for anyones health... It's like putting warnings on chip packets saying 'do not eat this packet of nuts if you're allergic to nuts' - things that people suffering from whatever condition are accutely aware of.

EDIT: Didn't read the visiting part - but either way, the person with epilepsy should be aware that they shouldnt be playing video games... the warning is redundant (and again, for legal rather than practical reasons)

EDIT 2: And for the sake of argument, where do you stop with warnings? Do you put a warning in front of any movie that has a tense scene 'do not watch this movie if you have a heart condition'? Do you put warnings on alcoholic drinks to tell people with a liver condition not to drink? (they should already know this from their doctors, and common sense) or put warnings on alcohol to tell people not to give alcohol to OTHERS if the other person has a liver condition?.

Aside from the POSSIBLE inconvenience of a few seconds of warnings, I think what I most object to is incessant babying and warnings on everything now...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  15. gruntLOL

gruntLOL Member

They could very well have been legally obligated too put that there if a person with epilepsy DID play the console and they settled out of court. Don't assume they always WANT to do something like this rather than NEEDING too. Bl on having to wait 5 more seconds, seriously there are far more annoying problems with gaming than waiting 5 seconds for a safety message.

16. FuzzyKaos

FuzzyKaos Member

name one thousand.

17. bl4ck32

bl4ck32 Member

Heres a few

18. emblurr

emblurr Member

First world problem.

19. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Either way it's an irritant that doesn't really need to exist.