First Model Shoot. CC greatly appreciated.

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by C0L0N3L, Aug 24, 2010.

1. C0L0N3L

C0L0N3L Member

Hey all I did my first model shoot this afternoon with Chelsea (pretty informal but still counts..). Neither of us have had any real experience so I was pretty nervous, forgetting some of the basics and rushing things.

Two main questions...

Cropping? have I done it right? I have completely confused myself about whats awkward and whats not.

How do you stop your self from getting stuck? (pose's etc)

Click for bigger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. BuD

BuD Member

if you have problems with posing just scour the web for " women posing " or something like that and you will get a truck load of stuff

thats what i did previously then after a while you get more confident and have broader posing knowledge.

I like her facial expression in #3

IF you had a shot with the shrub in the background out of focus as well could have looked nice

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  3. NRGU

NRGU Member

not bad! in 3, get a reflector or a softbox/umbrella/light to soften that shadow on the left side!

4. fr33lanc3r

fr33lanc3r Member

Good work think you have done really well for a first shot. keep it up.

5. OP
    OP
    C0L0N3L

C0L0N3L Member

Yeah I have been looking at other pics just forgot... going through in post I have since thought of heaps of stuff I could have done.. hopefully I will remember for next time.

Heh Zack Arias taught me how to get that :p

Agreed I need to get a better lens. Looking at 85mm 1.8 or a 70-200/80-200 if i can.

Thanks, didn't think of using a reflector.. I moved the light around but didn't get as good a expression.

Thanks

6. ehor

ehor Member

Great series for a first timer :thumbup:

7. OP
    OP
    C0L0N3L

C0L0N3L Member

:D thanks Ed.

8. humanrace

humanrace Member

great work, esp for first time! tell us about your lighting

9. OP
    OP
    C0L0N3L

C0L0N3L Member

10. BuD

BuD Member

most of my posing ideas come after a shoot aswell haha.

11. mikloise

mikloise Member

They look pretty good to me. The only thing that I want to nitpick about is her cut elbow in number 4. I think she looks great in number 2 well done. :thumbup:

12. Dropbear

Dropbear Member

Good effort mate... some of the crops look a little awkward but otherwise I think it's a really nice relaxed set..

Nice to see a happy smiling model.

13. ElBeasto

ElBeasto Member

I'm a total noob but want to say that it's really great for a first shoot. :)
    The only thing I thought was that bush is too much in focus & that she looks a little shy or awkward, Other than that though they look pretty good.

Can I ask how this, your first shoot, came about? Like is she an aspiring model, a friend or..? Other than pro agency kind of arrangements I have no idea how these things happen. :o

14. OP
    OP
    C0L0N3L

C0L0N3L Member

Yeah I wasn't sure.. I know you can chop elbows as the lines (rest of it..) is implied, probably too much of a crop though, not much I can do though as that was in camera.

Thanks, yeah she has an awesome smile and was pretty easy to get too.

Yeah, didn't have much room to work with but I could have tried harder to get the DOF.. Looking at some new lens' too.

I have been wanting to do some portrait work for ages.. you can see in my flickr my photo buddy is my model for a lot of stuff.. anyway we have been trying to get models for ages because well.. who wouldn't want to take pictures of attractive girls :rolleyes:

Chelsea is my photo buddy's friends sister.. who would like to be a model, but doesn't think she is pretty enough :shock:

So yeah I have just been asking friends.. I have had a lot yes's but then I can't contact them again.. or they say next weekend or something.. but then something happens so yeah I dunno if they actually do have something come up or not but I would rather they just said no being on the hook sucks.

But now I have some pictures of people hopefully it will make it easier, might make a model mayhem account or something too.