Fish Swap/Giveaway Thread

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by tagrobert, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Anteros

Anteros Member

I'm an idiot.

Clown loaches, not clown fish.

2. BOR15

BOR15 Member

Anteros ... wish i had seen this .... im in penrith and have an empty tank :(

3. Sleepy Dude..

Sleepy Dude.. Member

Apart from a few stress induced deaths, I have them all in 2 different tanks. Did lose a neon the next day but the rest are going well.

I could spare some platy's if you want bor15.

4. BOR15

BOR15 Member

sent you a pm sleepy dude

5. Sleepy Dude..

Sleepy Dude.. Member

Boris: read PM figured this link here would be easier to view.

6. BOR15

BOR15 Member

Fish look great. Are you talking about the red and black ones? Will they be ok with my neons and catfish? If so message me on my number so I can drop past

Boris :)

7. Sleepy Dude..

Sleepy Dude.. Member

Did have catfish (albino bristle nose) in there, and there's about ~40 different (neon, Congo, rummy) tetras in there with them. They're a great community fish.

And yeah, red / red black ones.

8. BOR15

BOR15 Member

10 Platys to re-home

i have a about 10 platys i would like to re-home ... Got them off Sleepy Dude around christmas. just wanting to reduce my stock. Pickup is Penrith

9. Sleepy Dude..

Sleepy Dude.. Member

Did they start breeding? Thought that'd happen.

10. BOR15

BOR15 Member

they did as i noticed some fry .... want to move them on as i want to reduce what is in the 620 back to tetras and pleco .... i now have a second tank that is 1370x400x660 tall

11. BOR15

BOR15 Member

convicts

Local fish shop got them :( .... anyone want to help me re home 4 convicts ... 2 have paired up. This was a save from my tank purchase.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  12. WuackR

WuackR Member

Hey, are they red platys? wouldn't mind adding more to my tank just to increase the population

still up for grabs?

Hey do you still have your catfishes?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2016
  13. BOR15

BOR15 Member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  14. WuackR

WuackR Member

15. tasmik

tasmik Member

Anyone in brisbane want a pair of angel fish not sure of gender if not any one know of a lfs would take em? These guys traveled up to brisbane with me in the car in a portable setup.

Can provide images if required.

Am in Manly West 4179

16. OP
    OP
    tagrobert

tagrobert Member

Anyone have any fish that are looking for a good home I would like some. Thanks!

I am starting my tank again, very slowly. I added the first neons yesterday, they are joining my albino redtail shark, he has been going solo for months.

If anyone is after Java Moss and not in a hurry, I clear out my crazy growing plant every now and then. So let me know and I will contact you when I am clearing it out. FREE
    Thank to ejoos who I originally got the first bit from!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  17. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Hey guys,
    I remember having a fish tank as a kid, with the usual guppies, neons, gouramis etc.. but I basically know fuck all.

I've built a backyard pond. Its protected from direct weather by eaves, gets afternoon sun, and is about 2000L x500W x300D in size.

One end has a modified birdbath on a pedestal I've turned into a water feature, and the submersed 240v pump at the other end is in a 250 deep hollow, the lowest part of the pond. The pump is quite powerful, I'd say it flows considerably faster than the houses taps, and I've added a supersize filter to it and buried it in the same white pebbles I've covered the rest of the bottom of the pond with.

Lined by some really heavy duty liner from bunnings, and I'll work out some kind of mesh cover to keep predators out.

I've used the various additives to prepare the water, and I'm ready to add plants and fish.

I'm in Melbourne. I'm thinking maybe a half dozen decent size goldfish or similar? I don't want a million little fish, just a few slightly bigger fish... say between 6-10" long.

I'd like to keep it as low maintenance as possible, I'm assuming the right choice of plants and fish will make this easy enough.

So.. recommend me some plants and fish.... ? :thumbup:

18. Bertross

Bertross Member

i might be interested, i just started getting into the aquarium life and enjoying it with the kids. I only have a 34L tank and ATM preparing some drift wood for my suckling catfish.

I got a funny feeling my tank is not suitable for plants though as i didnt use a substrate under the rocks... like i said i new to this :D

Im guessing the moss can be grown onto the drift wood?

19. WuackR

WuackR Member

hey all..

I has a pair of breeding angel fishes. They have been breeding quite a few times now but end up with no babies due to the other fishes always wanting a feed.

Need to get rid of them ASAP as they do get feisty when it comes to breeding time.

One is goldish/orange colour with one busted eye.
    The other is your regular white w/ black patches - this one is hella aggressive.

I recommend them to be left along in their own tanks.

Swaps for any plants would be nice. :)

20. OP
    OP
    tagrobert

tagrobert Member

oh rats, i just cleared more than half out cos it was taking over the tank and no one wanted any. I will definitely let you know when they start to grow back.

I have heaps in my other tank, cold water, that have some other species of fine moss growing on it but I guess you would not want that cos it will probably spread all over your tank. I am unsure if Corys will eat that species of fine moss cos I know corys love moss/algae...all i know is that tank is in full sunlight everyday so all sorts of algae go nuts there and I dont have any algae eaters in that tank.