Flickr limiting free storage to 1000 photos

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by guy.incogneto, Nov 3, 2018.

1. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  2. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

1000 photos for me is fine, i tend to only use it for short term sharing of images on forums etc.

ipv6ready likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

Yea it really depends on how you use it.
    For me it was as an online backup source and access for developed photos. In case someting happened to my hard drive and backup hard drive.

It was a luxury having 1TB for free. Can't really complain that they don't want to bleed money anymore.

4. Dark Orange

Dark Orange Member

Was only a matter of time - I allowed my subscription to lapse because the free service was more than I needed. Will be an annoyance and break lots of links in forums, but meh.

5. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I'm not bothered by the 1000 photo limit. I generally only put my best shots up there once I'm completely happy I'm done editing them and think they're not embarrassing for others to see.

So I only have about 25 images total on my Flickr.... But it is good for sharing pics to family etc.

6. Dark Orange

Dark Orange Member

Flickr is an excellent way to share images privately with models - edit up a dozen images, drop them all in a private directory and send the model a link and they never lose them. (Until, that is, Flickr decide to delete them) You can hotlink the private images to forums and facebook, and make one or two public for your portfolio.

Now I think about it, I doubt there is a service available that does all the above for under US$50 per year so I'll probably pay for it.

7. FNQer

FNQer Member

if Flickr is going to delete the photos over the last 8 years, then that's the way it goes. I've just given Flickr the flick.

alch likes this.