1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Food Safari

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by GoSam, Feb 8, 2007.

1. GoSam

GoSam Member

Was watching Food Safari on sbs last night and was wondering if anyone knew where the shop was that had all the lebanese desserts? looked quite tempting, anyway might be a long shot, but I though I'd just ask anyway, Thanks :thumbup:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  2. sormuijai

sormuijai Member

If you can find a copy of the episode, it lists the shops they visited in the credits.

3. AuroythmiX**

AuroythmiX** Member

Food Safari is a great program. :)

I can't stand that stupid nutritionist bitch with the really nasal voice from Better Homes and Gardens, or Burkes Backyard, or whatever, though.

4. Demented Freak

Demented Freak Member

Yeah, Meave O'Mera I think her name is. I find it annoying that she goes "Mmmmmm" just as she puts the food in her mouth. You could give her a turd on a stick and she'd still go "Mmmmmmm".

That said, it's a really good show. Probably one of the best food shows on FTA television along with Cook and The Chef.

5. sormuijai

sormuijai Member

Credits shows:

Baalbek Bakeries
    Abla Patry
    Rabieh Sweets

Should be one of those. Look them up in yellowpage because I can't be bothered :lol: Call them up and ask if it was them with the massive sweets section

6. Lucifers Mentor

Lucifers Mentor Member

I'm not a big fan of the cook and the chef, but food safari is absolutly fantastic and the occasional cook's pretty damn good too.

For me, food safari's one of the only good shows on TV now - its the only one apart from topgear I sit down and watch regurarily.

7. OP
    OP
    GoSam

GoSam Member

Thanks sormuijai, :thumbup: I'll be sure to try and make to those places when I'm in sydney next month.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  8. sormuijai

sormuijai Member

Just realised that we get baklavas from abla's pastries for our work afternoon teas and they are DEEEEEEEEELISH!

I don't like bakalavas in general, but they are really really good. :thumbup:

9. Kiljaeden

Kiljaeden Member

If that is Abla's from Dulwich Hill, they are awesome for Baklava and other Lebanese sweets. I grab most of my lebanese sweets from there. :)

10. scon

scon Member

Dulwich Hill's pretty good for food, there's a place there... Fernando's ? That does some pretty damn good Portuguese Custard Tarts. MMmmm

11. Demented Freak

Demented Freak Member

The Food Safari website has addresses for all the resturants and places features, along with recipes from every episode :) I want to try that baked lebanese salmon one day...