Forced leave - first two weeks of Feb

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by akashra, Sep 14, 2018.

1. akashra

akashra Member

So long story short, I'm gonna get bitten by our work policy that we have to bring down our leave to a certain level by Jan 31 every year. This time, I have 13 working days I'll have to use at that point.

Annoying however, I'll be recoving from jaw surgery, so I'll still be on a soft food diet.

There's a few of places I'd like to go... unfortunately none of them have particularly nice/warm weather in February. Those places include New York, DC, Copenhagen/Malmo, Dover, Austria, Ireland/Siamsa Tíre, the Louvre.
    I suppose at some point I wouldn't mind checking out Santorini or Paris Disneyland either if I was there (I've been to DLR twice in the last 10 months, so WDW is out for a couple of years).

At some point I also want to go back and ride up Haleakala (I rode up Mauna Kea a few years ago) - but I definitely won't have the energy for it when this trip has to happen. I was going to look at going over to France/Britain/Austria in June when the Grand Prix are on in that area.

So I'm looking for some options and ideas to burn around 13 working days (~17 days). Do any of those places seem bearable with early February weather/holiday peaks?

2. _slappy_dn

_slappy_dn Member

Well,
    Santorini would be a waste of time weather wise, Austria would be amazing if you ski(although surgery probably negates this, however the scenery is amazing), you could do France/Paris Disney/Dover and Austria in your time frame easily, and whilst it would be cold it wouldn't be unbearable. Likewise NY/DC is doable just be cold. JQ just released dirt cheap fairs to Hawaii in your travel periods ($199 from SYD) so that might be nice with roughly 23 Degrees average. I know which I would choose!

3. oculi

oculi Member

I did Paris in winter (and brussels/brugges, amsterdam) loved it! Beer is pretty soft.

Smoothie and clonex like this.