FormD T1 Releases Saturday 2AM

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by kmao37, Jul 2, 2020.

1. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Just less room for cpu side really. If you are running an aio or water cooling its much tighter for your tubing.

AdamMB23 likes this.
  2. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

You can have 2-slot config and use the long standoffs to mount the PSU in 3-slot position, providing extra space for air to flow through the card

Tazor likes this.
  3. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah this is what I do, I still think there will be heat collecting around the PSU - not sure if reversing the PSU will help or just risk overheating the PSU?

4. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Its a 19mm gap. But thats before you consider the PSU cables you might be stuffing in there. I'm not convinced founders will work. However I did enter the Mwave raffle because the price is retail. I'm worried the AIB cards are going to be 1500+

If I get the FE and the cooling is shit I guess I'll be forced to water cool it.

AdamMB23 likes this.
  5. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

More 3080 reference blocks: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/87270

Coming in at 224.9 x 121.4 x 25.5 mm (LxWxH) - Would be a very nice fit into the T1. FE designs seem to be coming in around 180mm length.

Much more tempted to get a reference design now.... Wish EK would release some more info on their FE blocks.

Winterheart likes this.
  6. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Oooh, nice find again, thank you :thumbup: No info on there about what if any EVGA cards it fits though :( I'm still keen on the reference design as the extra space is always an added bonus, specially when trying to route plumbing. Think I'll be trying to get one overseas and ship it in though

7. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

I think i have spent more time investigating blocks then i have the cards themselves :D

But yes - importing seems like the only way to get one unless you win the lottery - literally.

8. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

All of the evga cards will fit mate. I think i'll be targeting their cards.

See my post above regarding the XC3. Its possible it will fit in 2 slot mode. But dont bet on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/il7vsg/psa_rtx_3080_card_length_dimensions_for_most/

9. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Some more digging.

Thinking the evga ftw3 3080 MIGHT FIT.

The physical size will fit. But i was worried about psu cables.

Spec is 140mm to the strut. And the ftw3 3080 is like 136mm.

But here is a gallery with a 1080ti ftw3 fitting which is over 142mm.

You can see how cramped the psu cables will be but it might still work...

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/glv2KdW

If the ftw3 fits ill be a little sad. But i chose the xc3 ultra. My original plan was to get the fattest gpu that would fit the T1 and for a good price.

The ftw3 from ple is very good for price. But if I change my preorder I'm gonna be waiting a llllllooonnngggg time lol.

Dunno what todo.

AdamMB23 likes this.
  10. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Hmmm, looking at the PCB lengths, I'm leaning towards the Zotac Trinity 3080 now, as the XC3 looks to be a full length pcb by comparison (very difficult though as I'm purely basing this off guesstimate from the product images on their websites). As I want to put a block on whatever card I get, the shorter the PCB the better, and from the EK configurator it looks like the Zotac has a nice compact reference design pcb....

Now I just need to try and get hold of one :(

11. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

a user on r/FormD seems to agree with you... might need unbraided PSU cables? I don't know if I would be swapping out my pre-order though - not unless you didn't mind waiting until after X-mass

upload_2020-9-20_19-48-5.png

12. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

I did some more digging on this.

I'm less convinced now. Because the 1080ti ftw3 hybrid uses the same PCB as the air cooled card. Its pretty clear the shroud of the 1080ti overhangs the PCB and thats where the 142*mm height comes from.

Now the hybrid shares the PCB. And the specs list it at 128mm tall.

So my head logic says that if a 128mm tall pcb leaves so little clearance for psu cables in the T1 then there is no way the 3080 ftw3 is going to fit. From what I can tell the 3080 ftw3s pcb is flush with the shroud. So that 136.XXmm is accurate.

But wait there is more.

Someone fit a 3080 Tuf in their T1. Which is listed at 127mm tall. However the shroud around the power connectors is actually 145mm tall.

Anyway I went ahead and preordered a ftw3 3080 in my wifes name. GIven the late preorder I will have like 6 weeks to wait for someone else to try and fit this beast in. If it doesnt then I will just cancel the preorder.

Not sure when my xc3 arrives. But still undecided if I will open it until I can confirm fitting the FTW3 is going to work.

SO in order of priority for me.

- FTW3 in 3 slot mode.
    - XC3 in dual slot mode.
    - XC3 in 3 slot mode.

THis is driving me insne.

AdamMB23 likes this.
  13. Tazor

Tazor Member

I'm really hoping you decide to open the XC3 and try it in dual slot mode haha cos I'm still contemplating what I do tbh - I'm waiting til November to order mine personally, but would be good to know so I can make plans, cos if I can't fit it in dual slow I'm just gonna get a triple slot and watercool the CPU with an AIO lol

14. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Well my brother is building a T1 too and he ordered a XC3 Ultra also. So I will be able to test fit in his system first.

Also anyone chasing a TX240? Theres one for sale new for $40 in this group.

15. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

Link isn't working for me - but if its the one on facebook i literally just bought it haha

SSJ4 likes this.
  16. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

You'll like the TX240, I'm using one in the Ncase atm. I'd love to pick up a second one, but they never seem to be in stock anywhere :(

On a different note, have pre-ordered a Zotac 3080 Trinity. I'm hoping I'll have it by end of October, so just need EK to release their waterblock for it. In the meantime, got a few hundred dollars worth to order from Aliexpress as well lol

SSJ4 likes this.
  17. Tazor

Tazor Member

Dang it.... let me know if you feel like offloading it xD

That said I'm starting to consider running a 120mm AIO on my 65W CPU and get a triple slot GPU... If anyone couldn't get their hands on a DC-LT who would like one let me know cos I have it with the reservoir already installed.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  18. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

The DC LT 2600? If so im interested!

19. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yep - at least that's what it said on the box!

20. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Have you got your 240mm rad and slim fans already?

I think youre considering bailing on a full loop. Either commit to have a cpu loop or just sell everything and get the ek aio.

Unless you want to run a 3.5" drive in one of the fan positions I dont really see a reason to go with a 120mm aio. Sure you can get a full sized fan in. But I don't think the trade off is even close to worth it.

Plus 240mm rads look toooo clean in the t1 lol.