1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

FormD T1 Releases Saturday 2AM

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by kmao37, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

The port positions don't worry me as much, my existing watercooled 1070 has an alphacool block on it with ports in the same spot, however I think the Bykski will have the edge in terms of simplicity for running additional plumbing. Was considering the EK and AIB reference, but found a video which states that the EK 3090 blocks will be coming in at 230mm long, which will still leave room, but it's still an extra 50-60mm over the Bykski block on an FE board.

I'm going to have to move to a DDC based build from my existing EK SPC. Tossing up between the Iceman Ncase res\pump and the Barrow DDC cpu\res\block. Leaning towards the Iceman atm, as it will take the place of my existing FrozenQ res on the back of the case. For the FormD, if the Barrow DDC pump\cpu\res combo fits, that would be a very nice solution - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10000411453657.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.16.731a636dQcLLYv

AdamMB23 likes this.
  2. Tazor

Tazor Member

3. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

I made a post in the SFF forum about GPUS. I think its relevant to post here too. I'd love your thoughts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

I am also unconvinced about air-cooling the FE in the T1.

Is there any downside to running 3-slot mode? I currently am planning my build around that. With the power draw - extra cooling is probably going to be valuable realestate.

If you do purchase one at launch, i don't imagine it will lose much value.

5. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Just less room for cpu side really. If you are running an aio or water cooling its much tighter for your tubing.

AdamMB23 likes this.
  6. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

You can have 2-slot config and use the long standoffs to mount the PSU in 3-slot position, providing extra space for air to flow through the card

Tazor likes this.
  7. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah this is what I do, I still think there will be heat collecting around the PSU - not sure if reversing the PSU will help or just risk overheating the PSU?

8. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Its a 19mm gap. But thats before you consider the PSU cables you might be stuffing in there. I'm not convinced founders will work. However I did enter the Mwave raffle because the price is retail. I'm worried the AIB cards are going to be 1500+

If I get the FE and the cooling is shit I guess I'll be forced to water cool it.

AdamMB23 likes this.
  9. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

More 3080 reference blocks: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/detail/index/sArticle/87270

Coming in at 224.9 x 121.4 x 25.5 mm (LxWxH) - Would be a very nice fit into the T1. FE designs seem to be coming in around 180mm length.

Much more tempted to get a reference design now.... Wish EK would release some more info on their FE blocks.

10. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

Oooh, nice find again, thank you :thumbup: No info on there about what if any EVGA cards it fits though :( I'm still keen on the reference design as the extra space is always an added bonus, specially when trying to route plumbing. Think I'll be trying to get one overseas and ship it in though

11. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

I think i have spent more time investigating blocks then i have the cards themselves :D

But yes - importing seems like the only way to get one unless you win the lottery - literally.

12. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

All of the evga cards will fit mate. I think i'll be targeting their cards.

See my post above regarding the XC3. Its possible it will fit in 2 slot mode. But dont bet on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/il7vsg/psa_rtx_3080_card_length_dimensions_for_most/