FormD T1 Releases Saturday 2AM

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by kmao37, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

Yeah it's not an attractive card, that's for sure.

I'm not overly sold on the 30-series, I only have a 1440p monitor, my 2080S performs well for the games I play. Was playing Sea of Thieves at 1440p last night, CPU and GPU around 60, 140+ FPS, and coolant in the mid 40s. Pump at 23% and fans at 70%, though I was wearing headphones. Even when I took them off the fan drone wasn't bad.

2. Tazor

Tazor Member

EVGA has been on a slow decline when it comes to design haha I loved their 10 series cards...

I like the Strix card, and the Twin Edge from Zotac is very clean.

Honestly the FE/Reference cards from both teams are the best looking.

AMD's reference cooler is a stunner, just a pity about the length.

3. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

I still have my FTW3 1080ti - looks much better then any of the 20s / 30s EVGA. Genuinely have no idea what they were thinking with the clown face on the FTW3 3080s...

eeeeeee.jpg

Speedster20 and Tazor like this.
  4. plopz

plopz Member

Can anyone who’s gotten their T1 already comment on the shipping to Australia?

I got my shipping # last week and it was stuck in China for a few days but after it finally did leave China it landed in Texas USA. Is this normal? I would’ve thought it would come straight here and not via USA?

5. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

Nope, not normal. Mine routed Guangzhou -> Melbourne -> Perth.

plopz and AdamMB23 like this.
  6. plopz

plopz Member

Thanks mate. I’m starting to think the shopify app is showing the wrong location. I guess I’ll know in a few days

7. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

What does the actual tracking number show in something like 17track.com or parcelsapp.com ?

I've had issues with the Shop app not being able to identify "Singapore, SG" and placing "Welshpool, WA" in Washington state, US, so I wouldn't be trusting the app to be accurate.

plopz likes this.
  8. plopz

plopz Member

Any other tracking app/site simply says “arrived at destination airport” but for some reason the Shop app is assuming it’s in DFW USA. Definitely looks like an issue with the shop app.

edit: auspost has it now in Sydney. Looks like the Shop app got it wrong.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    AdamMB23 likes this.
  9. Tazor

Tazor Member

10. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

I am not overly familiar with this pump/res combo but "The Corsair Hydro X series XD3 RGB pump/reservoir combo measures 114 mm × 114 mm × 58 mm" - at 58mm it may be too tall for even the 3-slot config which is around 60mm from back of PCB? Unless the INLETs/OUTLETs all all on the side, in which case it might work.

A bitspower magic cube and DDC should fit in. Can also try an Nouvolo Aquanaut + DDC (CPU block + Pump combo) and either add in a cool reservoir or TX120 into that space...

11. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

A DDC is 62mm square and fits between the PSU (in 3-slot position) and side panel. If you have 62mm between the end of the card and front of the case you might be able to mount it on the bottom panel with a small res (120?) on top.

AdamMB23 likes this.
  12. Tazor

Tazor Member

It has 4 side ports, one on each side so I think it might actually be fine - would just need low profile plugs on the front

AdamMB23 likes this.
  13. dumpst0r

dumpst0r Member

I have an expected ship date of 2-6 November but haven’t received any emails apart from my initial order email, have people received update emails before the Ship date or just a shipping confirmation after it’s been sent?

14. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

I received an email from the tracking company saying info has been received 5ish days prior to actually shipping out. I also received an email from FormD at that point in time. Did not receive any other info up to that point - Probably means its yet to ship!?

15. dumpst0r

dumpst0r Member

Thanks Adam, just got my shipping email from FormD, just waiting for the update once the shipping company picks it up! Can’t wait to get it!

AdamMB23 likes this.
  16. uncle_jim

uncle_jim Member

I keep checking their website in the vain hope that my order's going to be early. In the batch for December 4th.

It's a race between this and a 3080 to see which arrives first, although my quick disconnects are currently giving both a run for their money. Stupid USPS.

17. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

I've given up waiting for my FTW3 Ultra for my build. I have 3080 XC3 Ultra coming this week and I'm building my system. I originally offered it to a friend. But I got fed up. Sourced him a 3070 and now I just have to wait for the post man.

Been almost 8 weeks since launch. I ordered within 30mins. I didnt order the FTW3u until like a week and a half later. So I don't imagine it coming until like next year at this rate.

For us SFF people who will more than likely undervolt the 3x8pin cards are not really necessary. Havent cancelled my FTW3 order yet... debating on whether to just sell the XC3 ultra if the FTW3u comes.

XC3 Ultra is here.

Build stream tonight at 7pm :D :D :D https://www.twitch.tv/osprey_ssj4

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    AdamMB23 likes this.
  18. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

How is the XC3? How did the build go?

19. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

It fits in 2 slot mode. Lots of ****** with that though. Im going to have to get custom cables. Because It fit without bulge without any cables or tubing for the cooler. But once I installed everything it pushed the card out and into the panel.

Good news is that the shroud does its job and stops the panel from fouling on the fans. But if you put any pressure on the fan areas it does foul.

With some tweaks in the build. ie. cables, perhaps removing the back plate then ill be cooking with gas.

btw. the ek torqe fittings dont fit on the LTsolo pumpblock. So I need new fittings.

20. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Here is a clip from the stream.

This shows worst case scenario of no custom cables and the XC3 being pushed into the side panel.

The fans spin fine without touching the side panel. But any pressure at all and they foul.

But with some tweaks and custom cables. Perhaps removing the backplate we will be good.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LongStupidTubersKappaRoss

*EDIT

I have done some more testing and have the system booted.

Bad news: The new EK Torque fittings DO NOT work with the LT Solo pump. They are too big. So dont buy them like I did. You need more compact ones like the EK AF, BArrow, bitspower, alphacool etc.

Bad news 2: After some messing around. It seems the fans spinning with out fouling on the side panel was a fluke :( you need to be extremely careful with how you fit everything in.

Good news: The highest point on the cards face is actually the 'E' sticker that is placed on each of the fans. So what I did was with the aid of some heat and thin plastic trim remover I removed them.

The 'E' Stickers are 1mm thick. Which is enough for them to be below the shroud's highest point. Which means that with the card mounted BACKPLATE and all. You can huff and puff but you'll never get the side panel to foul the fans! :D :D

So if you do the maths. With the 1mm stickers the E was the highest point of the graphics card. With it removed the shroud is now the highest. So we are talking <1mm of clearance for the fans to spin.

Whether or not that is going to cause turbulence... god I don't know I dont have enough experience with turbulence in SFF cases. I will have to run some real testing once I can complete my CPU loop.

Thats it for now. I thought I would provide an update for anyone that comes across this thread and attempts to fit the XC3 Ultra like I did.

Here are my recommendations.

1. Custom cables. Or take your time in routing cables and cable tieing them in neat bundles.

2. Attempt to fit the card completely stock before removing the stickers on the fans. You might have better luck than I with your fitment and not need to.

3. Deshrouding really isnt going to help. You actually need the shroud to create the fan clearance because the side panel does bulge. Leave it on. I mean try it by all means I havent got all the answers on deshrouding. But personally the bulge is insignificant and if it works it works. Removing the stickers is a far simply method imo.

4. I havent tested removing the backplate. But upon inspection I do not think it would make much difference unless your cable management is bad and the PCIE power cables are pushing your card out.

5. I used MSI after burner to test the fans. I booted into windows with the side panel off. Put the fans on 0%. Put the side panel on. The slowly lifted the fan speed and testing clearance by applying pressure to the side panel in various areas.
    I will be doing a deadicated follow up thread. Possibly even a video on this subject. But for now this thread should cover most of the burning questions people have.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    AdamMB23 likes this.