FormD T1 Releases Saturday 2AM

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by kmao37, Jul 2, 2020.

1. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

How much did you pay total?

Was looking at prices and it seems astronomical...

**edit

I am thinking about making my own tbh. I do alot of wiring at work and have access to all the tools required. So I could do it bit by bit at lunch.

However I might just build with the stock ones to start. It's not optimal but it'll work.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  2. Tazor

Tazor Member

I reckon I might jump on one of these drops in a week or 2. I think from an all round SFF case perspective the T1 is pretty much as good as they get and I think having some active cooling and better GPU/CPU cooling options will be a nice change.

Is it like 2 AM saturday mornings that pre-orders tend to go live?

3. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

That's when its going live yeh.

On paper its the best SSF case imo. Ticks every box.

Ordered a bunch of stuff for my build. Hopefully everything arrives before the case.

4. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah I saw you order an 240 Classic rad - does that mean you're going full custom?

I'm unsure if I go air or AIO - does the EK branded AIO fit cos it say 53mm pump block height but I reckon this includes screws that extend below the CPU die surface.

5. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Ek aio does fit. Just not with screwing it all mount points. Basically you mount it like a 120mm aio because you have to offset it a little.

I'm not going full custom. Just CPU. Because at the time Wahaha said no 240aio would fit so I started buying stuff for a alphacool LT set up.

Plan is to run in 3 slot mode and have my loop removable like its an AIO. That way I can fill and bleed outside of the case. Less fuss basically but way more performance. I'll be getting a 12 or 16 core 4000 series CPU next.

A 3 slot air GPU with the mesh will be plenty of cooling. No need for water imo.

6. Tazor

Tazor Member

I was only thinking of getting a 120mm AIO with a 120mm case fan then a 3 slot GPU for me. I have 10900F so it's pretty middle of the road and likely only needs the 120mm to cool it.

7. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

I would be interested in a build log- Im stuck waiting for weekly drops. Iactually prefer the two tone silver / black.

8. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

Mine should ship on the 31st. Have all parts already so will build as soon as I can.

i9-9900K
    Z390 I Aorus Pro WiFi
    32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 C16
    WD Black 1TB NVMe
    Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC
    Corsair SF750 Platinum
    PSlate custom cables

Have an Alpenfohn Black Ridge for the CPU, but have bought a EK Classic SE 240 rad, and will get CPU/GPU blocks and pump to watercool once the distro plate is available.

SSJ4, kmao37 and AdamMB23 like this.
  9. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

You can go push pull with a 120mm also. So with a couple noctuas performance will be really good. An added benifit is that you could mount a 3.5" drive underneath the motherboard if you wanted the bulk storage.

I myself and going to have to ditch a 3tb drive I have in my SG13... still not sure how I am going to deal with losing the capacity haha.

Personally I think the two tone is far too contrasted. Would have been better to have a light silver and gunmetal imo.

Sounds like a tasty rig man. I just need to order my fans and I am good to go I think. I wont be going crazy with my loop. Just running the CPU. Plan is to get a 12 or 16 core 4000 series Ryzen. So good cooling will be necessary. While if I manage to build in 3 slot mode I can get a nice fat air cooled RTX 3000 once they release.

10. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

The silver is very stark but I kind of like sleekness and contrast it provides. I just hope that it isn't too much (if I can get my hands on one)

SSJ4 likes this.
  11. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

I am thinking of buying a DC-LT 40 off Aqua-tuning (only place i can see it). Shipping is frankly absurd but doesn't seem to go up when you purchase 3.

For example - its $65 Shipping for 3 DC-LT 40s (or maybe other items as well?). $21pp + $12.20 for express postage in Australia = $33 each on postage instead of 65. Keeps costs to around $77 instead of $109. Even cheaper if local to East Melbourne for pickup/delivery. If any 2 people want stuff let me know. My interest depends on how I fair in the next few rounds of drops but would be nice to know if any others are in similar situation.

Let me know if this group-buying is against OCAU rules - cant see anything but who knows.

12. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

that's the pump in the opt tech recent video yeah? i'd be down, but do you know where to find the rectangular module?

the one fabio is using for his t1 build

13. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

14. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

the AlphaCool Eisstation-DC-LT 40 reservoir (https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water...24196/alphacool-eisstation-40-dc-lt-reservoir) is the reservoir used with the DC-LT 2600 pump in Optimum Techs video

I believe Fabio uses the ES Reservoir 1U but that is on backorder until the 5/10/20 from Aqua tuning. He originally used the DC-LT 2600/DC-LT 40 but swapped it out for a DDC pump/1u reservoir.( https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...atercooled-titan-rtx-fill-the-void-2-0.12869/)[/youtube]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  15. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Took delivery of my EKWB stuff. Fittings, tubing and 240 rad. Cant wait to build in my T1!

Tazor and AdamMB23 like this.
  16. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

Looking forward to seeing your build!!

17. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

Ok, I think I'm in either way - I believe both pumps fit, and I don't think there is much difference between these 2 except the look.

On a different note, my two-tone one shipped. It was dated 31st for shipping, so it's a pleasant surprise.

18. Tazor

Tazor Member

Oh nice! That's a great sign if they're shipping early

19. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

Tazor likes this.
  20. Tazor

Tazor Member

God damn the guys at chip hell put together some nasty builds... The bifurcated riser with the dual GPU's in that is an amazing touch haha

Also, they don't really go into it that I can see, but the little light up pedestal is so cool.

Seeing things like this always makes me want to go all out haha but then I remember all the times I tried and came to regret it soon afterwards lol

AdamMB23 likes this.