1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

FormD T1 Releases Saturday 2AM

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by kmao37, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

Fabio's latest build is using a DDC pump with a Bitspower "magic cube" top, I'm quite interested in this as then a standard pump from a number of vendors can be used, as opposed to being stuck with Alphacool. It would also be reusable with the future distro plate (if it happens).

My understanding is above the motherboard it's 42mm - so slightly too short for a full size fan on the TX240 (would be 45mm then). DrHudacris on SFF has a TX240 with 2 slims above the rad, and a full size below above the PSU with some space to spare.

kmao37 likes this.
  2. Tazor

Tazor Member

Yeah I did see that - I was thinking of triple slim fans - but from what I've seen the DC-LT is perfect for single rad loops and provides an equal or better noise/temperature ratio in SFF loops.

My end goal is to swap to LytCase's Rogue if it goes into production because that would support a TX240+25mm fans with otherwise identical hardware at a lower overall volume.

3. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

I'd be concerned about replacement availability in AU, QA seems to be a problem with Alphacool. At least with a DDC getting a replacement here shouldn't be an issue.

4. Tazor

Tazor Member

Perhaps, but we're also talking the difference of over $100 from Australian retailers.

I'd much rather spend $30 on a pump from Aquatuning than $190 on a DDC from PCCG...

5. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

$85 for a Bykski DDC from PLE. It's also in stock rather than waiting until October for availability (which proves my point on easy replacement). Back to air cooling or no PC for a couple of months if it fails, to save $50 on a pump.

I think I have a tracking number for my case... Aus Post added a parcel from China to My post, presumably because one to my address has been registered somewhere. It is a post tracking number : EV745*****CN . Aus Post indicate it is an International Express parcel. Disappointing if it is my T1, as that would indicate SF Express has not used DHL for my parcel.

6. Tazor

Tazor Member

Pretty sure the Bykski ones were the noisier models from what I've read.

I think personally I'm more likely to buy one of the pump/block combo's with the same pump due to space restrictions and for cost saving as I'm trying to avoid spending a huge amount on this loop if I can avoid it.

I totally see your point and agree it's likely not the smartest decision.

Out of curiosity - which of the DDC mounting methods tested by Fabio would you say is the best? There's the Alphacool ES Reservoir 1U res which is definitely clean but pricey - curious to know your direction?

7. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

I'm a fan of the most recent, with the Bitspower top. Again with Alphacool, the 1U res had some leaking problems from factory which needed liquid gasket/loctite sealant to resolve.

Someone else might be trying the Icecool NCase M1 res as it looks like that could fit in front of a GPU with waterblock in 3-slot mode. That could be interesting in terms of making it easy to fill/drain the loop.

8. Tazor

Tazor Member

Cool, order has been placed for my black T1 :D

SSJ4 likes this.
  9. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

You were able to order a case today? Or do you mean you've ordered your W/C components for your black T1?

10. Tazor

Tazor Member

Nah, I've been present on the SFF thread since last year and Wahaha has set aside a reserve of cases for forum members who posted in the thread prior to Optimum Tech's review.

Found this out yesterday on the Reddit and immediately sold my Velka 5 and followed the steps to get my order in haha

SSJ4, AdamMB23 and Speedster20 like this.
  11. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

One of us, one of us!

Tazor likes this.
  12. Tazor

Tazor Member

[​IMG]

AdamMB23 likes this.
  13. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

To confirm, yep it's my T1 shipment. Coming via EMS which is disappointing considering SF used DHL to other countries.

14. Tazor

Tazor Member

Speedster20 and SSJ4 can you post the shipping times when you get your case? Keen to know how long I can expect to wait

15. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

Will do. I'm expecting a few weeks however, as EMS is still just International Express post and not courier.

16. Tazor

Tazor Member

So if we do an Aquatuning order I'm planning on ordering the following:

Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N Acetal RTX 2080/2080Ti M02
    Alphacool Eisbaer LT (Solo)

OR

Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N Acetal RTX 2080/2080Ti M02
    Alphacool DC-LT 2600 Ultra low noise ceramic
    Alphacool Eisstation 40 DC-LT

Can't decide if I'd rather go integrated or external Pump/Res....

17. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

I have limited experience with custom loops but am personally planning on going the DC-LT 2600/DC-LT 40. OT video mentioned the 2600 is the same pump as the LT solo but is easier to fill/drain. The 1U res + DDC pump that Fabio changed to apparently has sealant issues that i personally don't want to worry about. I managed to score a DC-LT 2600 on Ebay so the DC-LT 40 res seems logical. Good looking GPU block though.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Tazor likes this.
  18. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

For me personally the LT pump block is too convenient to not use. Something overlooked commonly I feel is that if you use an external pump. It will require more fittings. At least 2 more compression fittings and 2 more angled fittings from what builds i've seen. Some might not see that as an issue. But considering youre already forking out for a premium chassis, itx tax pieces, 15mm noctua fans and all the watercooling bits. The LT provides alot of savings. If you buy an external setup you are up for a radiator, cpu block and extra fittings. That starts to add up.

I'm not doing a gpu loop tho. Going to try and squeeze out a 3 slot gpu setup. I think i've said it before. But it will allow me to install the loop like is a AIO. So I can fill externally from the case. Thermals are very good for the case. So as long as I spend money on a good RTX 3000 card when it comes out im not worried about it. That said perhaps my build will change at some point... who knows. But I see it like this. To run a high power cpu like a 3900x or 3950x you NEED liquid cooling in this package. The same isnt true about GPU's. Guess time will tell whether my tickering mind needs to play with a full loop or not in the future haha.

AdamMB23 and Tazor like this.
  19. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

Most of you seem to have your cases ordered/on the way and may want to start thinking about getting some WC parts ordered. So far it seems there is 4 of us interested in parts. So to get the ball rolling I have...
    1. Emailed Aquatuning to ask how deliveries are conducted when one item is available and another items is on backorder until October. Will they ship it separately or will it all be delayed until all items are available.
    2. I have emailed agg as per the trading rules regarding group buys. I am waiting for a response on that front - if anyone know if I should be contacting someone else let me know.

To get an idea of cost of shipping, if you could send me a list of what you want and whether or not you will require shipping from VIC to your residence. I am located 3111 for contactless pickup. Ill get back to you with some details and you can decide whether it is cost-effective for you. Might be able to take this to a conversation as to avoid filling up a thread. If anyone else wishes to join just comment so or if you are no longer interested. Of course, this is all pending the approval of OCAU admins.

Speedster20 likes this.
  20. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

Nice work, although I'm not in Covictoria so would likely not join in (split freight plus post to WA would probably cost the same as me just going direct!). Most of my WC gear will likely end up coming from EK and PPCS.

Good luck with the bulk buy though! :D

AdamMB23 likes this.