FormD T1 Releases Saturday 2AM

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by kmao37, Jul 2, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

cheers bro :)

im really happy i went for the sliver version, black is just too plain nd I love the sliver undertone.

just some quick tips from my build.

- install the rad first. trust me. TRUST ME.
    - if you are using a 15mm fan under the mobo with a rad, the psu cable will be a bit too "wide?" for it, so you need to press down a bit to fit the cpu connector, you can fix this if you want to clip the plastic bit off the top of the cpu, not recommended though.
    - buy zipties. trust me.
    - the it is very hard to close the case as you need to hold 2 sides in while putting the top on, so make sure ur cable management is good so you wnt get screwed over when trying to close it.

AdamMB23 likes this.
  2. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

kmao37 how's the noise from your GPU? Looks like it would be close to the side mesh and generate a bit of turbulence?

3. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

Ah.... I can't close the side haha. My GPU is a 2.3 inch card, fml.

Decided on getting a liquid devil to fit the new WC build, pretty sad I need to settle for the 3600 pump cause the 2600 pump isn't coming in stock for 2 months :(

4. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

Tazor put me onto this: https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water...c-ultra-incl.-alphacool-dc-lt-2600-ultra-pump

Its a little pricy + Comes with a res that you don't need but its expected to be in stock on the 26/8 instead of 25/10...If its accurate

5. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

Oh wow, your a lifesaver!

Buying that!!! TY!

AdamMB23 likes this.
  6. Tazor

Tazor Member

Oh cool, ETA got reduced!

Was 6th September when I ordered it haha

My birthday is the 24th and my fans should arrive around the same time so I should be able to get this up and running by start of september hopefully!

AdamMB23 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

8. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

This one is in stock and i believe its the one mentioned but not used in OT video. Check before you buy, i have not looked at the dimensions properly just know it by name

https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water...62/alphacool-eisstation-dc-lt-solo-top?c=7175

9. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

And the response is approximately 22.5mm . Starting to think the Heatkiller IV Pro at 17mm is the way to go.

kmao37 and AdamMB23 like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

Looks like you can fit 3 fans in a formd --> https://www.reddit.com/r/FormD/comments/i3zf8r/finished_le_build/

A 15mm and a 25mm on the PSU side if you manage cables well.. Hmmm. I've changed plans and am going for 3 x NF12X15 (I think 25mm is too hard for me), luckily PLE has the chroma black ones in stock.

DC LT 40: Dimensions: 60 x 40 x 40,48 mm (W x D x H)
    DC LT 80: Dimensions: 50.62 x 50.62 x 77 mm (W x D x H)

I think I'm going for the LT 80. I wonder how much worse the LT-3600 is, cause apparently it's super audible, but I might just buy both so I can get the WC build done ASAP and then just replace the pump a month later.

Grr.... Fittings and tubing is so weird to figure out.

Can't find much LGA1200 CPU blocks... Looking at this one here - https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water...x-aurora-edge-plexi-black-digital-rgb?c=23861

Looks pretty good, pretty tall though (32mm) and I won't need to pay extra for shipping. a

Thinking about this for tubing - https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water...-16/10-black-matte-3-3m-10ft-retailbox?c=7292

Could someone explain what the 16/10mm stuff stands for? Does that mean I need to get specific fittings for this size?

Looks like people like Fabio are running the loop like CPU block (90 degree fitting) --> rad (90 degree fitting) --> to res (regular or 45 degree fitting) --> other side of res (90 degree fitting) --> gpu (90 degree fitting) --> other side of gpu (90 degree fitting) --> (90 degree fitting) --> cpu block (90 degree fitting).

Sorry for the spam of questions, this is my first wc build and it's super super complex haha. So in total, I think I need 7 90 degree fittings, and 1 regular straight one. Jesus.

Thinking this for the 90 degrees? - https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water...ion-fitting-900-rotatable-g1/4-chrome?c=11340

This for the extra one I need for the res - https://www.au.aquatuning.com/water...on-fitting-450-revolvable-g1/4-chrome?c=11340

Looks like all the materials should be compatible? I don't think I'm mixing too many metals and it should be OK. Going to just be using distilled water so should be fairly low risk

WC gear is gonna set me back ~300 dollars.. Oh no

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  11. h2oxide

h2oxide Member

Outer dimension/inner dimension. Yes, you will need to get the same spec 16/10 comp fittings.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  12. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

$300, is that all? :D
    I've got about $800 worth in my EK wishlist at the moment :eek:

For blocks - LGA1200 and LGA115x have the same physical dimensions, so 115x blocks should work. https://www.techspot.com/news/84956-confirmed-lga-115x-coolers-work-comet-lake-s.html

Tubing numbers - inner/outer diameter. So 10/16 would be 10mm ID, 16mm OD and yes, you need the correct compression fittings to match :)

You might not need so many 90 degree fittings? If you have an EK GPU block there's something called a "terminal rotary adapter" (https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-terminal-rotary-90-black) and run your tubing so it doesn't need to come out at 90 degrees. Fabio has this on his EK Titan block.

13. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

Thank you mate, your a lifesaver. Looks like fittings rn + fans and rad is ~600, haha.

Regarding the fittings and the compression ones I linked, they seem to be 10/16 like the tubing, but I think I'm missing something? Are the ones I linked like female/male connectors and I need another fitting or something to make sure the tubing is secure. Cause going off pics alone, I don't think the tubing would be secure with those 7 90 degree fittings. Is there where quick release fittings come in? WC is so confusing for a newbie like me haha.

I'm getting this GPU - https://www.ekwb.com/shop/powercolor-liquid-devil-radeon-rx-5700-xt. No idea what fittings or anything would work haha. This is what the product page says, but idk what it means LOL

"G1/4" threaded fittings can be used on both sides of the terminal and for multiple GPU connectivity, please refer to our offer of EK-Scalar GPU Terminals"

CPU block is PLEXI, fittings are chrome brass, GPU is nickel-plated electrolytic copper. Will this lead to issues in the future? IDM swapping the CPU block, cause seems like other LGA should work, cheers Speedster :)

14. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

15. Tazor

Tazor Member

My loop will be pretty similar to the one linked too kmao37 - I have ordered 3 NF-A12x15 Chromax fans for my loop and kind of want to get an EK Velocity Strike waterblock for the sick 2 tone of it haha

16. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

kmao37 Fabio has the Magnitude... Try 3x the price!

With those 90 degree compression fittings, one side is the G1/4 thread to screw in to blocks/rads. The other side has the barb that goes inside the tubing, with the compression nut that screws on the outside (see third pic).

17. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

Haha. Imagine spending 300 dollars on aesthetics!

Oh wait. I spent 400 on a case and waited 1 month for it.

Think my parts are good then, just need to research if the metals mixing are okay and fittings for my liquid devil! Can't flipping wait!!

18. Speedster20

Speedster20 Member

The Magnitude is also shorter than the Velocity by 3-4mm which could help in SFF cases, depending on what fittings you use.

19. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

Magnitude is shorter than the velocity - allows for the side panel to close with normal fittings when in 3-slot mode.

Im fairly sure the general rule is stear clear of anything aluminum if you have any copper or nickel components. (Correct me if i am wrong).

20. OP
    OP
    kmao37

kmao37 Member

Jeez. I guess the price is justified.

I think the fittings and cheaper block will work for me though, should be out at around ~28mm. Ended up going with a new item list, will share later today, all items are in-stock and pretty dam good!