Fortnite

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Pubg devs currently in the works of filing a lawsuit against Epic for ripping ideas from Pubg.

2. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

You can turn off global chat in the option menu. But if you havent already had a look I recommend reading whiteushi's fortnite loadout or watching pve youtubers like david dean or rage brothers for some tips.
    Also look at stormshield.one to look at your progress.

Hit me up in game if you need some help, epic userid is jettomax.

3. RnR

RnR Member

https://www.techspot.com/amp/news/75010-nine-year-old-placed-rehab-fortnite-addiction.html

4. japes

japes Member

Imagine telling people in twenty years time that you had to go to rehab for the average as fuck game that is Fortnite. Rough.

5. RnR

RnR Member

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  6. RnR

RnR Member

lol - it just keeps on going...

[​IMG]

7. AERO

AERO Member

ever played and thinking of installing for fun :)

8. japes

japes Member

Wouldn't bother.

9. AERO

AERO Member

really? i mean ive got pubg, and i have kinda liked the mini royale, and watched a mate play this on his ps4. (yea he was crap) just want a fun game that i couldnt car eless about. seen alot of people bag it out but meh :)

10. RnR

RnR Member

Its a fun game if you have some friends you can rumble with. Its a hard slug with randoms. There is also the gun play that can take some shine off the game. But all in all, its still fun for me :)

One thing that is not fun is the season pass grinding. Someone on reddit calculated that you would need to play 4 hours a day to grind it all in 10 weeks, which is how long a season is. So if ya not into heaps of skins, lol-emotes etc, perhaps give that side of the game a miss.

11. AERO

AERO Member

probably explains why alot of youngones play so much and their parents are complaining, not paying for the gear but working for it. and well does it even stay with you permanently or is it like diablo 3 where it gets wiped end of season?

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

The usual japes haha, I wouldn't listen guys he pretty pessimistic about games, especially non ultra competitive/balanced/e sporty types.

I guess the most popular game in the world is terrible and the people enjoying it are all wrong. Doesn't hurt that it's free but most gamers can afford to buy games/get them for xmas/birthdays.

Apart from the BR aspect the building element (which I not a fan of but many are) makes it a pretty unique and clever game. Also only unreal engine game I've seen run so well. (probably the basic visuals).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  13. RnR

RnR Member

Stay with you permanently. Skins and emotes also have a rarity - you can also buy them in their store. $20 (2000 vbucks) for a 'legendary' skin which may then pop up again every so often but rarely.

14. japes

japes Member

Starting this again with a quote from almost a month ago? Has nothing to do with "ultra competitive/balanced/e sporty types" - one of my favourite games has zero of those things. You just have a personal problem with me.

Fortnite's popularity is primarily from skewering a very young market with a F2P model. Popularity does not automatically make something good.

But that's ultimately subjective - I've offered my input. Shame I can't do it without another speculative dig from you. Is it because we never PUBG'd with you while you sat there checking our statistics daily? :(

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Didn't realise quote was a month old. No personal issue just the usual whinge post you have in nearly every thread.

Popularity gets people engaged, enjoyment keeps them there. It wouldn't hold peoples attention for long if it wasn't fun for them, even if that's grinding a F2P model and BR is addictive.

But your right I should let you state your opinions without rebuttal.

I have plenty of PUBG buddies thanks, and I have played with benno & iinsom.

16. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

It's free give it a go!
    And if you enjoy it enough, I can recommend getting the battle pass. You will pay 10USD ponce, and if you finish the battlepass each season you get enough in game currency to buy the next seasons plus change too so it can be a one off. The "Grind" is only there if you are trying to get to Season level 80 for the lights on the Omega, if you aren't then you can finish a weeks worth of challenges in a couple of hours.

walker_2003 likes this.
  17. AERO

AERO Member

yea, had a few games, love the 50v 50, makes it a bit more fun for a noob :) got to level 6 easy enough, not sure what the tiers mean but im sure with a bit more playing i can work it out. i feel this is something i can come and go playing.

18. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

But...it's capped at 30 fps!!!!! :p

walker_2003 and RnR like this.
  19. RnR

RnR Member

I'm 'RnR' ingame... send me a friendship thingie if you want to do duo's or squads. I also love 50vs50... its chaos for the most part, and I not particular good at the game, but its enjoyable :)

20. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Haha I'm well known for my fps requirements..but come on 60fps should be absolute bare minimum for games released/remastered in 2018.

I do love how well f/n runs even on ultra the gunplay just doesn't float my boat that much and construction stuff but doesn't make it a bad game.